30. || Counting Blessings

Shy Girl (Re-Released. New update is here!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

While Jonghyun just lifelessly sat down in the chair, the nurses walked out to inform Jonghyun that he could go into the room if he wanted to. Quietly he stumbled into the room closing the door behind him finding you in bed with the lightest shade of white covering your face as if you were nearly dying. Jonghyun walked to your bedside and took your hand between his and kissed your temple. "Our baby?" you whispered barely having any strength to speak. "Our baby is alright" Jonghyun whispered and sat down on the bed facing you. "I am so sorry for everything" you whispered blaming yourself for ruining your own birthday party and a date with your boyfriend. "Baby please don't" Jonghyun whispered as he witnessed you struggling to speak. "Just get some sleep and get better soon for me okay? I will stay right here with you". You squeezed Jonghyun's hand and gave him a comforting smile before you closed your eyes trying to fall asleep. Quietly the door swung open and the gynecologist walked into the room closing the door behind her. You and Jonghyun both looked at her wondering what it is for the gynecologist to tell you. "Do you have any pains Mrs. Seamon?" the gynecologist whispered with a comforting smile looking at you. You shook your head not letting go of Jonghyun's hand. "Good" the gynecologist smiled at you and checked the monitor you were put on to keep an eye on the baby's heartbeat as well as yours. "Is the baby alright?" you whispered giving the gynecologist a worried look. "She is doing just fine" the gynecologist assured you followed by another smile. "She's the right measurement, looks healthy and is developing perfectly. Don't worry". "It's a girl?" you asked in disbelief. "It's a healthy girl. Congratulations" and the gynecologist wrote down all the numbers she needed for the checkup. "Everything looks ok so far. I will come back in two hours again to see how you are doing" and she left the room. "It's a girl?!" you whispered looking at your boyfriend this time. "I told you" Jonghyun smiled at you and moved closer to plant a kiss on your lips "I love you Sora". "I love you too" you whispered not able to remove the smile from your face.

 

"You get your daughter now". Jonghyun removed some hair from your face and squeezed your hand with his other. "Boy or a girl both would have been fine" and kissed the back of your hand. "But I like the idea of having a cute little Sora". "Don't lie" you shrugged "You wanted it to be a girl all this time". "Maybe a little bit" and gently kissed your lips and looked at you. "Right now I want you to get better. I want to take you home and look after you" Jonghyun confessed. "Promise me you will not scare me like this again? I will not forgive myself if anything happens to you and our baby". "I promise even if I at keeping promises" you sighed "I am sorry if I let you down". Jonghyun shook his head "You didn't let me down. I am just worried about your health and I have all the right reasons to be worried about you as much as I am. My life doesn't mean anything without you" he whispered and planted another kiss on your forehead. "Get some rest ok? I'll be right here when you need something". You did as told and took another look at Jonghyun before you closed your eyes and drifted off to dreamland. Once you were sleeping Jonghyun took a seat in the chair next to your bed and didn't let go of your hand. He told himself to stay with you just to make sure your dad wouldn't show up and come near you. Your birthday didn't quite turn out the way Jonghyun had planned for you, but your health was more important to him than everything else.

 

Days passed with your condition unchanged. On top of the fact your blood pressure was too high and having preeclampsia, you caught a fever that lasted for eight days which caused some critical hours for your own health and the baby's. Lucky you got better and your blood pressure went back to normal and the doctors finally allowed you to go home. It felt much better being in your own environment than the hospital which only gave you the chills and slightly creeped you out. Although being released from the hospital was good news, the bad news was that you lost the custody case. As promised Mrs. Kim was going to fight it until you got your right and the fact that you finally spoke out about what happened to you in the past, made it more promising for you to win this time. Even though your dad and his wife were still convinced the law would be on their side. You, Mrs. Kim and Jonghyun got back again to working on the next round in the custody case which was going to take a darn long time and needed to be paused because you needed bed rest as much as possible in please of your dad who got what he wanted; the care of your little siblings. Worried about the little human growing inside your womb you were pretty much worried sick about their safety. You’ve seen the bad side of this man you’d rather forget and wanted to spare your siblings everything you had been through.

 

Onew did as promised and talked to the rest of the band about your state of health and they all agreed to postpone the tour which caused a lot of stress between Jonghyun and the manager where lots of things had been said, but Jonghyun stuck with his feelings and responsibility to stay with you and take care of you as long as it was necessary. After struggling with management,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter