41. || Home Is Where The Heart Is

Shy Girl (Re-Released. New update is here!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

As expected you didn't sleep so well and would rather have nightmares instead. After staying in the hospital they released you but only under the condition you would take your rests in between and go back to the hospital for a checkup the week after. You took a shower and threw on something comfortable and warm while your brother walked into the room to pick you up, but more than anything in the world, you wanted to see Jonghyun and your little girl. Your brother packed the last bit of your stuff and zipped the bag "Are you ready to go?" You didn't really say anything, but looking at your facial expression your brother knew you were exhausted and tired.  You sighed "I can see him now right?" Your brother smiled "I think that should be alright. Come sit" and made you sit down in the wheelchair.  You obeyed and sat down while he took you to Jonghyun's room. No one was in the room with him as soon as you entered. He looked peacefully asleep with his eyes closed and even though you didn't want to wake him, you just wanted to be with him.

 

"I'll be back later" your brother whispered and quietly left the room closing the door behind him. You carefully took Jonghyun's hand between yours and lowered your head on the bed. "I am so sorry about everything" you whispered while tears rolled down your cheeks. "It's all my fault" you sobbed with guilt. Jonghyun opened his eyes slowly running his fingers through your hair with his right hand and gently squeezed your hand with his left "Sora?!" Jonghyun whispered trying to get your attention. You raised your head from the bed and looked at Jonghyun with your wet eyes. "I am so sorry...it's my fault you're hurt" you blamed yourself once more as more tears made its way down your cheeks. Jonghyun reached for your face and wiped off the fresh tears from your eyes. "Baby...don't blame yourself" Jonghyun whispered kissing the back of your hand. "I did what I had to do to protect my family and I will do it again if I have to" he assured you trying to comfort you while his fingers removed the rest of the tears from your cheeks. "I don't want you to cry baby" and smiled at you.

 

"Babe....." you whispered blinking your eyes and got up from the wheelchair climbing onto the bed and laid yourself down next to Jonghyun resting your head on his chest. You closed your eyes taking in the sound of his heart beating through his chest while Jonghyun kissed your head. Jonghyun was so precious to you and the last thing you wanted was him to get hurt or worse, lose him. "How do you feel? Are you alright?" Jonghyun whispered running his fingers through your hair. "I am more than alright compared to you" you whispered back tilting your head to look up to Jonghyun. Jonghyun shifted a little and looked at you "Are you sure you're alright? He handled you pretty harshly" and your head not keeping his eyes from you. "You're the one who has been shot because of me" you murmured looking in front of you again. "I only have a few bruises, that's all". Jonghyun cupped your chin back up with his index finger to make you look back at him. "Bruises or not. He hurt you. I'm sorry I didn't prevent it". "Are you kidding me?" you said raising your voice a little "You saved my life and Lina's". Jonghyun smiled at you. "And guess what? I would take another bullet. I don't regret doing it. You two are my life, there is nothing in this world I wouldn't do". "Just don't ever leave us ok? We need you" you whispered staring firmly in Jonghyun's eyes. Jonghyun lowered his head and gently kissed you. "I won't. I love you". "Mhm I love you too" and answered your boyfriend's kiss and rested your head back on his chest while closing your eyes for another second. After being in the room with Jonghyun for a little while longer your brother walked back in to take you back home. You gave Jonghyun one more kiss before you left and told him you would come back with Lina as soon as you could.

 

In the next days you visited Jonghyun daily together with Lina and couldn't wait for him to come back home with you. These days were nerve wracking for everyone especially you since the custody case appeared in front of court again and cleaning up your apartment was a big task too. Thank god the other SHINee members were there to help you with that. With all the evidence against your dad breaking into your home and attempting to kill you in the café, he ended up losing the case as expected. Your aunt gained full custody care of your younger brothers and sisters while your stepdad was going to be put away behind bars. Not in favor of his new wife who would rather see you dead. You on the other hand were relieved the battle was over and that your stepdad was no longer going to hurt you or your family. You finally had something to celebrate. No more drama. Your home was home again and until Jonghyun was coming back home your brother stayed with you to keep you company and help you out with Lina.

 

Jonghyun was fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter