25. || Court

Shy Girl (Re-Released. New update is here!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

You and Jonghyun both woke up slowly and took your time to do so. Once you were awake you both joined Mr. and Mrs. Kim for breakfast to gain a bit of energy since it would be more than necessary since today would be a tough day. First court appearance since the whole custody case started and it made you anxious and nervous at the same time. After breakfast you and Jonghyun both took a shower and got yourselves ready to face the afternoon in court. While you were dressing yourself up, doing your hair, Jonghyun noticed you were extremely nervous. "Baby, everything is going to be ok" Jonghyun comforted you with a back hug. You let out a heavy sigh. "What if it's not? I am so afraid we will lose this case no matter what it is that we will do". "Don't say that" Jonghyun whispered pecking your cheek and made you turn around to face him. "He might be having his way the first time and maybe a second time, but I promise you my mom will fight him in court until the case is officially over. And it won't be over until your aunt gets the full custody of your siblings. Just exactly the way your mom would have wanted it to be" he assured you. "It is really stressing me out. My dad is like a pit-bull. He won't let go until he has what he wants. I really don't want him to get the full custody" and your eyes formed with tears. That's how concerned you were. You would do everything for your siblings, not to end up in your dad's care.

 

"Baby, have some faith ok?" and he took your face between his hands. "He is going down no matter what. My mom is one of the best lawyers here in Seoul, trust it. Besides, I don't want you to stress too much. It's not good for you and not good for the baby" Jonghyun whispered looking at you. "I am sorry for being such a mess" you murmured letting out another sigh taking a step closer wrapping your arms around his waist. Jonghyun smiled and your head. "It will be alright. I promise" and hugged you tighter. "Sora? Jonghyun? It's time to go" Mrs. Kim shouted from down the stairs. Jonghyun took you by the hand as you quietly followed Jonghyun down the stairs, outside to the car where his parents were waiting. Mrs. Kim closed down the house and stepped into the car as well and drove the car off the driveway. After driving for an hour and picking up your aunt on the way, you reached court. Mrs. Kim parked the car and everyone stepped out heading to the entrance. The closer you got to the courtroom, the more nervous you got and Jonghyun felt it since he was holding your hand.

 

Just before going into the courtroom you wanted to turn around and walk away. Jonghyun stopped you. "I don't think I can this?" you confessed with a shaky voice. "Baby, relax" and Jonghyun rubbed your arms looking into your eyes. "I am here, everything will be ok. You can do it" he comforted you. Just when Jonghyun gave you a confidence boost, your dad passed by with his new wife who looked more plastic than real. You had never seen her before, but now you got angry again for the fact your dad trade your mom for Mrs. Plastic. "Hey Sora" your dad smiled at you and walked into the room. Your blood started to boil and counted to ten while closing your eyes. He was not going to get to you. He didn’t deserve to get under your skin like that. Jonghyun took your hand and took you inside the courtroom. He took a seat behind you while you took a seat with Mrs. Kim in the front as your dad sat on the other side of you with his lawyer. He clearly couldn't remove the smile from his face thinking he already had the case in his pocket clearly convinced you were wasting your time fighting him to begin with.

 

The judge walked in as well and took a seat before she opened the case. Several proposes and issues had been brought forward by as well Mrs. Kim as your dad's lawyer. First your dad had been asked a ton of questions by his own lawyer and Mrs. Kim who was representing you. You were next and you were not sure if you could handle it. That man made you angry and upset, but you were doing this for your siblings after all. Your dad's lawyer and Mrs. Kim started firing questions at you and you answered them all with honesty. Some questions were tough and whenever you were talking about your mother, tears would roll down your cheeks like a waterfall, while your dad had an expression on his face as if he couldn't care less and couldn’t be bothered about your feelings. After being in the courtroom for two hours, the judge decided to dismiss the case until two weeks from now, where she would make her decision on the custody. Everyone started to leave the room quietly one by one. Mrs. Kim walked up to you and gave you a big hug. "You did great Sora". "We're going to lose this case aren't we?" you panicked. "I don't know sweetheart. All I know is that you gave you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter