3. || BBQ Madness

Shy Girl (Re-Released. New update is here!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

You finished the last piece of hamburger that was still on your plate and placed it back on the table in front of you. Where is the bathroom?" you asked looking at your best friend who was now standing in front of you twirling her hair around her index finger. She gestured at the door "Just go there, through the kitchen, in the hallway, first door left" she explained. "Ok thanks" you smiled and got up from your seat repeating JeeSun’s words in your head as you walked into the house looking left and right trying to remember where the bathroom was. Somehow it was hard for you to remember or was it because you have been nervous the second you arrived at her house? You didn’t know and neither were you aware of Jonghyun standing behind the bar in the kitchen pouring some juice into a glass smiling as soon as he noticed you walking in. “You look a bit lost?” he asked as he startled you. You turned your head in embarrassment that you forgot already. “Yea, I was actually looking for the bathroom?” “It’s right around the corner, first door right” he explained while he was staring at you. “Right” you mumbled loud enough for him to hear. “Thanks” and gave him a nervous smile leaving as quick as you could. Not because you had to go so bad, just because this guy, your friend’s brother, was making you nervous.

 

After a little moment for yourself you walked back into the kitchen, still finding him hanging out. Was he purposely waiting for you to come back? You shrugged it off. ‘Forget it Sora, get yourself straight. He’s not the boy for you and you are definitely not the kind of girl he’s looking for’. Before you could even think about leaving the house again, he raised a glass. “Would you like some too?” and gave you one of the cutest smiles you’ve ever seen on a guy. You blankly just stared at him for a few seconds before you snapped back to reality that he actually asked you something. “S..sure, thanks” you mumbled tucking your hair behind your ear carefully approaching the bar trying to be a little bit more social. He grabbed another glass from one of the cabinets and poured some juice in it before he passed it on to you. “So you’re in the same classes as my sister huh?” he added flashing a smile that made you weak. Are all boys such flirts? Or was it just him? You chuckled uncomfortably. “Yea, but not all classes though, but most of them I guess”. Jonghyun just nodded with his eyes fixed on you. “I hear a lot about you and now I finally got to meet you”.  You nearly choked on the juice the second that left his mouth. What did she tell him about you? Was it good? Or maybe bad? But why? You didn’t quite follow.

 

"It better be good things" you giggled running your fingers up and down the body of the glass between the palms of your hands. Jonghyun chuckled. “No bad stories, I promise”. You felt your cheeks flush just hearing his voice and definitely did not want him to see. “Do you have any plans next week?” Jonghyun asked out of curiosity or maybe he wanted something from you. You shook your head. “No, why?” and gave him a confused look and started to wonder why he asked you in the first place. Was he about to ask you out? “Maybe you would like to see us perform? We’re playing the big stadium then. I am pretty sure my sister would like to have a friend around” he invited you.  Deep down inside of you wished you could say yes, but you really couldn’t and it disappointed you a little. “I’m sorry but I don’t think I can” you confessed as your eyes met his. Something about the way you looked at him made him worry. You were smiling all this time, sure, but your eyes told him something totally different. “Is everything alright?” he asked calmly yet concerned. “I’m fine” you lied taking another sip from your juice. You always found it hard to be straightforward with your feelings, but you also never really had a friend to talk to, but that didn’t mean you wouldn’t need one.

 

"Look, I don't know if this comforts you, but, if you need to talk to someone, talk to my sister, she's a good listener" Jonghyun assured you with a comforting smile. 'How on earth does he know I need to talk to someone? Can he read my mind?' "I'll definitely remember that" you murmured not really knowing how to handle the situation. For a second Jonghyun just stared at you while you stared right back at him, it felt as if he was looking right through your soul and was able to feel what you were feeling. It made you very vulnerable and very uneasy at the same time but you couldn’t seem to look away either. While you two were staring at each other, your friend JeeSun walked into the kitchen finding you both speechless. “Ah I was looking for you” she cheered moving her eyes between the two of you. “Jonghyun-ah” JeeSun mumbled waving her hand in front of Jonghyun’s eyes. No matter what she said or did, it took her up to three times to snap him out of his trance. He blinked his eyes looking at his sister. “What?” “Is everything ok? You look a little bit distracted” JeeSun continued as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. Jonghyun shook his head. “No..I...I am…” he mumbled searching for words. What happened? He was never speechless.

 

You didn’t really pay attention to what JeeSun was saying, but all you knew, wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter