1. || Just Another Day

Shy Girl (Re-Released. New update is here!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

It's just another day like any other as you are used to. You are currently in the last class of the day and then it's finally weekend, but not for you, because you have to work. You folded your books that were lying on your desk and grabbed your postman bag and slid your books right in the bag after the school bell echoed through the classroom. You got up from your seat and swung your bag over your shoulder, grabbed your binder and the rest of the books you wouldn't need over the weekend from your desk and walked out of the class room and looked on your watch, 3:15 PM already. You walked down the hall straight to your locker to put your books away. You locked your locker afterwards and headed out of the massive school building. "Sora!! Wait up" JeeSun shouted coming right after you as she wished the rest of her classmates a good weekend. You turned your head over your shoulder when you heard it was JeeSun and started to smile. "What's up Jee" you cheered with a happy voice stopping in your tracks so she could catch up with you. JeeSun ran up to you and needed to catch her breath. She raised a finger while she was bowing forwards panting "One second" she paused still out of breath. "Do you have any plans this weekend?" She continued looking up at you resting her hands on both her knees. You looked at your best friend with a sad face knowing you would like to say 'no' for once, but unfortunately you are always busy and barely have time for yourself, let alone to have some fun. "I am sorry, I have to work tomorrow" you answered disappointed. "OH" JeeSun sighed just as disappointed as you were. "Why?" you asked out of curiosity wondering what she had up her sleeves. "Oh, I just wanted to invite you to a BBQ at my place. The weather will be awesome tomorrow and we kind of want to do this one more time before the summer really ends" JeeSun explained standing up straight again. "I really would have loved to, but I can't" you murmured disappointed looking down at your feet not knowing what else to say.

 

JeeSun noticed your facial expression "Is everything alright?" she asked putting her hand on your shoulder. You nodded "Yeah I am alright, I just wish I wasn't so busy all the time" you confessed. "I don't know what goes in your life that makes you so occupied, but isn't there a way you can come after work? The BBQ starts at 7 PM and I really would love you to be there. You're the closest friend I have in college after all" your friend tried to convince you. "Jee, I really wish I could, but I just can't". 'Why can't I just be like anyone else around my age? Have fun whenever I want to and not to worry about so many things. How will I ever keep my friends if I am not able to have some fun every now and then?' "Isn't there something that I can do for you?" JeeSun offered as she was feeling sorry for you even though she didn't really know what was going on in your life other than what she knew. You both walked to the parking lot to JeeSun's car. You shook your head "I am afraid not, but thanks for the offer" you smiled "Come on, I will give you a ride home" she offered. "Are you sure?" you asked carefully not wanting to bother her and be of any trouble. "Yeah, it's the least that I can do right?" JeeSun smiled at you unlocking the car. You smiled back thankfully "Thanks". The both of you stepped into her black car and buckled yourselves in before she started the engine and drove her car off the big parking lot. "You gotta tell me where you live though" JeeSun shrugged turning left. "Oh yea I'm sorry" you mumbled starting to explain how she had to drive and where you lived exactly.

 

A little while later JeeSun pulled up in front of your house so that you could get out. You grabbed your school bag and looked at your friend before you stepped out "Thank you so much for the ride. I owe you". "Look Sora if you change your mind, you are more than welcome to come over" your best friend assured you smiling at you before she wrote down her address on a small piece of paper she ripped out of her notebook and handed it to you. "It's really easy to find and if you can't find it, you got my phone number. Oh and if you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to call me ok? I happen to be a very good listener". You smiled gratefully at her "Thank you" and gave her a hug before you stepped out of the car closing the door behind you. The second you stepped out of the car your two little brothers came out of the house to greet you "Noona!!" Your mom waved at JeeSun who got lost in thought watching you being reunited with your brothers before she waved back at your mom standing in the door post. She slowly stepped on the gas and drove away to her own place. You walked to the door with your little brothers on each hand pulling you inside. You really loved your siblings a lot and couldn't stop smiling. While your mom closed the door behind you, you dropped your school bag onto the floor. "Who was that?" your mom asked out of curiosity as she has never seen your friends since you never brought home any. "Oh! That is JeeSun, she is one of my friends in college" you explained scooping one of your little brothers Dong Sun of the ground while twin brother number two Dong Yul ran around the living room having too much energy squealing. "She seems a very nice and down to earth girl" your mom smiled while she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter