Chapter Seven

Dangerous Waves

Hae arrived at the beach, more than an hour and a half too late.

'Man when you arrive late, you really do arrive late.' Siwon shook his head. He was quickly pushed aside by a worrying Heechul.

'Hae baby, are you okay? What happened?' Heechul's eyes scanned his friend and saw the swelling on his head.

Hae looked away.

'Did you let a doctor check you out?' Heechul asked softly, sensing that the other was on the edge.

'Kinda.' Hae uttered.

Siwon frowned. 'What do you mean "kinda''?'

'It was a med student.'

Heechul smirked. 'Was he hot?'

Some colour finally returned to Hae's cheeks. 'N-n-no, it wasn't like that, hyung.' He tried to get a certain brat's plump lips out of his mind.

'I want you to take a sick day and have someone with you 24/7' Heechul said.

Hae was about to protest but Heechul cut him short. 'That's an order.'

 

It was well passed noon when Hyuk arrived at the beach. He scanned the area and frowned when he didn't see that stupid lifeguard. He grabbed his board and jogged to the lifeguard post.

'Hey you!' He yelled at the tall, dark one.

'Good afternoon, sir. How can I be of service to you?' Siwon asked.

'Where's the fishy one?'

'Excuse me?'

'Where is your colleague?' Hyuk snarked.

'If you mean Donghae, he's at home resting.' Siwon said.

'Why? Is he unwell?' Hyuk grabbed Siwon's arm.

Siwon ruffled his hair. 'He had a huge swelling on his head. Heechul sent him home with Kangin hyung.'

'Who?'

'A close friend of Hae's.' Siwon said. 'Why are you so interested?' Siwon's eyes suddenly widened. 'You hurt him?'

'Of course not, I'm not the violent type like he is!' Hyuk shouted and pulled himself free. He rushed to the water and dived in.

 

'Let's go out, Kangin, I'm sick of being stuck at home.' Hae whined.

'Wook is coming in an hour, he'll make us a nice dinner.' Kangin replied.

'But.' Hae said, he got interrupted by the door bell though.

Kangin replaced the blanket over Hae and pointed at him, telling him silently to stay put in the couch. Hae sighed as he watched his friend walk to the front door.

'Hi, I'm Junsu, is this the house of Lee Donghae?'

Kangin nodded as he looked at the two guys.

'I checked out Donghae this morning and I heard he didn't follow my advice to go to the hospital, so I brought my mentor, Dr. Park.' Junsu said.

'Kangin, who is it?' Hae's voice sounded impatient.

Kangin showed the two men in.

Hae recognised Junsu and could tell the other was a doctor by the way he was dressed. 'Did that jerk send you to me? I'm fine. I won't press charges, just leave me alone!'

'This has nothing to do with Hyukjae. After my shift I went to the beach and spoke to your supervisor. He gave me your address.' Junsu said.

'Hi, I'm Dr. Park, please let me check on you properly.'

'I'm fine, really, sir.' Hae sighed.

'I'll be the judge of that.' The doctor sat down on the couch and checked Hae's head. 'I feel the lump Junsu had told me about. Does it still throb.'

'A bit.' Hae said.

'Any memory loss?'

'No.'

'He's grumpier than usual though.' Kangin muttered.

'Remove your pants.' Dr. Park said.

'What? No!' Hae protested.

'You were hit by a car, young man, now do as I say.'

'A car? You were hit by a frigging car?' Kangin exploded. He immediately took his cell phone out. 'Yeah, Wook? Come to Hae's right now, the idiot has been hit by a car! That's his 'oh nothing serious' bull . What? No, he's breathing, he's awake, a doctor is examining him. Just come home. I feel like I might strangle the idiot.'

Hae revealed huge bruises making the others cuss. 'Junsu, can you hold him back, I'm going to check something.' Dr. Park said. 'Sir, can you grab your friend's arms?' He addressed Kangin.

The doctor started slapping two fingers across Hae's abdomen and thighs.

Now and then it caused Hae to whimper.

The door bell rang again and Kangin quickly went to open the door.

'What are you doing here? Now is not a convenient time...hey, you can't just enter!' Kangin shouted.

Hyuk stormed in and watched the scene in the very small living room. Hae panicked as he saw his tormentor approach and tried to cover himself with a blanket. But Hyuk had seen enough.

'I ing told you to go to the hospital!' Hyuk shouted.

'How did you find me?' Hae asked.

'You left your wallet at my place. I just found it.' Hyuk said, tossing it on the table.

'You knew he got hurt?' Kangin frowned.

Dr. Park had observed the youngsters and sighed. 'I presume you caused this?' He lifted his eyebrow as he glanced at Hyuk.

'What? You hit my friend with your car? What kind of psycho are you!' Kangin erupted.

'No, it was accident, he didn't see me, hyung.' Hae quickly tried to calm him down.

'Why the hell are you protecting that douche bag?' Kangin continued.

Hyuk ignored everyone and eyed the doctor. 'What's his status?'

The doctor chuckled. 'Seen too many hospital series?' His face became serious once again. 'He's okay although these bruises are quite nasty, his legs need to be massaged daily to increase the blood flow and the healing process.'

'Massaged how?' Junsu asked, interested.

'Like this.' Dr Park stated, quickly removing the blanket, grabbing a leg and putting it in between his. With the leg fixated he started to move his hands all over Hae's thigh, making a motion away from the knee, towards the hip.

'I see, to help move the blood upwards.' Junsu nodded.

'Thrice a day they should be rubbed with a lotion as well, I'll prescribe it. Keep doing it until the bruises are completely gone.' Dr. Park said.

'Can a nurse come and do it?' Kangin asked concerned.

'I'm afraid that would cost a lot of money.' Dr. Park said.

'I can do it myself, hyung.' Hae commented.

'No you can't, young man, it's important that it's done thoroughly and with the right motion.' Dr. Park said sternly.

'Wook and I have to work this week.' Kangin uttered, ruffling his hair in frustration.

'Hyuk is free.' Junsu stated.

Hae jerked up and gasped at the pain it caused. 'No, I don't need a babysitter.'

'I'll do it.' Hyuk said, his face lacked any emotion.

'I don't want you near me.' Hae hissed.

'It's not about what you want, you big baby.' Hyuk growled.

'Seriously, doctor, you sure his head is okay? He never is this hostile towards anyone.' Kangin said concerned.

The doctor pulled Kangin a bit further from the arguing duo. 'People often react like that when they are ually frustrated.' Dr. Park said softly.

'What?!' Kangin's jaw dropped. 'No, no, Hae is very innocent.'

'That's not the point. The between those two is suffocating, they just haven't realised it yet.' Dr. Park sighed. 'They just need a good fu...' Junsu covered the doctor's mouth with his hand. 'Thank you for your hard work, Hyuk will pay your fee.' Junsu said as he guided the good doctor to the front door, grabbing Hyuk with him. 'Pay him!' He said, leaving his friend with the doctor.

Junsu sat down next to Hae. 'Listen up, Hyuk seems like an , most of the time he is an but he's not a bad person. You don't have to feel threatened.'

'Why are you so nice to me?' Hae asked.

Junsu smiled. 'Right now I see you as a patient. The minute you are healed, I'll go back to disliking your perfect self.' He gently guided a lost strand of hair to its place.

Hyuk saw the tenderness and hated it. 'You can leave now Junsu. All is settled. I will do as the doctor asked. I won't end up in jail, now leave.'

Junsu nodded, said his goodbyes and left.

Kangin was busy fixing a desperately needed drink for himself in the kitchen, leaving the two alone in the living room.

'Small place you got here, guess you've been yourself out to the wrong people. But you will lure Junsu into your trap over my dead body!' Hyuk hissed.

' you!' Hae said as he limped to the bathroom, slammed the door shut and locked it.