Chapter Sixteen

Dangerous Waves

Hae felt nervous. He had changed two times already and still wasn't pleased with the way he looked. He was about to change again when the door bell rang. Panic ran through him as he quickly checked the clock. He frowned as it was only 10 am and Jin was supposed to pick him up at 11. He walked to the door and opened it. He was surprised to find Junsu on the other side.

'Do you have a minute?' Junsu asked.

'S-sure.'

Junsu eyed the well dressed boy. 'Going somewhere?'

Hae blushed. 'I-I have a date.'

Junsu's eyes widened and a big grin appeared. 'No way! He asked you out? I never thought he had it in him!'

'You know Jin?' Hae asked.

Junsu realised his mistake. 'Ahhh, euhm no, sorry, don't listen to me, I had a night shift. So who is this Jin?'

'Choi Jinhyuk, I met him last night he's a friend of Top's.'

'I see, well Top is a decent guy, so this Jin person probably is too.'

'Did you need anything?' Hae asked as he still didn't understand why the future doctor was there.

'How are you?'

'I'm almost completely healed, I feel fine.' Hae smiled.

'Have you heard from Hyukjae?'

Hae's smile disappeared. 'He called me last night.'

'Oh?'

'Yeah, he got angry and hung up.'

'Why?'

'Because I paid for Top.'

'Hmmm.' Junsu bit his lip. 'Donghae?'

'Yes?'

'Does Hyukjae know you will be on a date today?'

'What? No, of course not, what is it to him?'

'Oh nevermind.' Junsu patted Hae on the back. 'Enjoy your day!'

 

'You look breathtaking.' Jin uttered as soon as he saw Donghae.

The lifeguard started blushing deeply. 'Thank you' He mumbled, playing with the hem of his shirt.

Jin rubbed the nape of his neck. 'I-I didn't know what you'd like so...' He shoved flowers and chocolates into Hae's arms.

'Y-you didn't have to do this.' Donghae said quickly.

'But I wanted to.' Jin looked him straight in the eyes.

 

'Minho? Are you with Hyuk?'

'Yeah, we are at the beach but I think Hyuk's pissed off cause his lifeguard isn't here.'

'Donghae is on a date.' Junsu said through the phone.

'Oh .' Minho mumbled.

'What's up?' Hyuk planted his board into the sand and looked at his frowning friend. 'Who is it on the phone?'

'Su'.

'Oh, so what's wrong?'

'Tell him.' Junsu sighed.

'Ok.' Minho hung up. 'Hyuk can you sit next to me for a sec?'

'Sure'

'Su wants to meet us at the cafe.'

'That's great. Anything else?'

'Donghae is on a date.'

'That's good...what? What did you just say?' Hyuk jumped up.

Minho just looked at his friend.

'With who? Where? What is he doing? Why?' Hyuk fired question after question towards Minho.

'A certain Choi Jinhyuk. Are you okay? You look pale.'

'I-I'm fine.' Hyuk suddenly lost his energy. 'Let's just meet up with Su, please.' He grabbed his board and slowly walked to his car. Minho saw the slumped shoulders and felt his heart ache at the sight.

 

'Thank you for the lunch, it was great!' Donghae beamed.

'You really are adorable.' Jin smiled.

'D-don't say that.' Hae stuttered.

Jin ruffled his hair making Donghae blush yet again.

'I would like to take you somewhere now, but I have no idea if you'd like it.'

'Oh?' Donghae said.

 

'How did you know?' Hae whispered.

'Know what?' Jin asked confused as they were lining up to buy entrance tickets.

'That he's my favourite painter.'

'I-I didn't. I just knew there was an exposition today.' Jin answered honestly.

As soon as they got in, Hae's breath was taken away. The raw emotions on every canvas made him shiver. His heart pounded as he watched the perfect mixture of colour and emotion.

'You really like this, don't you?' Jin smiled.

'He's a genius.'

'Who is he anyway?' Jin asked.

'Minsu. He has a rare talent. He grabs your heart with his paintings. He...' Hae sighed as his eyes kept lightening up every time he met a new piece of art.

'Did you ever meet the artist?'

'No, he's a hermit, they say.'

'Too bad. He would love a fan like you.' Jin smiled. 'Let's have a drink over there in that cafe and then we can continue the tour.' He proposed.

 

As soon as Hae sat down, Jin grabbed his hand. He looked up in surprise.

'Donghae, I know this is fast, but please, go out with me again. I really really like you.' Jin said softly.

'Let...go...of....his...hand.' A low voice threatened.

They both turned their heads to the side.

'H-Hyuk' Hae stuttered. He unconsciously tried to pull his hand back but Jin held it tight.

Hyuk's murderous gaze pierced through Jin.

Jin's eyes narrowed as he felt the intensity. 'Only if Donghae asks me to.'

'Hyuk, please le...' Hae tried.

'Let go, now.' Hyuk snarled.

'Sorry, I have no reason to obey you.' Jin said calmly.

Hyuk's hand lashed out and forcefully pulled Hae's out of Jin's.

'Hyuk! I am on a date, leave us be!' Hae snapped, rubbing his slightly bruised wrist.

'I don't think so.' Hyuk said under his breath as he pulled Hae out of his seat and dragged him away.

'Let me go, you brute!' Hae screamed.

'Shut up or...'

'Or what? You'll hurt me? You'd ruin my day? WHAT?' Hae yelled.

Suddenly it was dark. Hyuk had pulled them in the storage room of the cafe. Hae was about to complain when he felt those soft plump lips on his.

'Please...' Hyuk's voice was hoarse and filled with desperation.

'H-Hyuk' Hae breathed.

'You drive me crazy.' Hyuk said as he pushed their lips together again, this time intensifying the kiss by slipping his tongue in.

'Don't let him touch you.' Hyuk whispered as his lips glided to Hae's neck.

Hae shivered.

'Don't let him sweet talk you into his lair.' Hyuk bit Hae's ear lobe.

'Don't let him' Hyuk's voice broke. 'D-don't let him kiss you. He can't be your first, you hear me?' He pressed his lips against Hae's one more time before he let go and ran out of the room, forcing himself to not just kidnap the blushing and dazed boy he left behind.

 

'Donghae, are you ok? Who was that?' Jin asked worriedly as Donghae appeared minutes later.

'I-I'm f-fine. Please take me h-home.'

'O-ok.' Jin said hesitantly unaware of the burning pair of eyes that watched his every move from a distance.