Chapter Thirty Five

Dangerous Waves

Hae beamed when his name was called out. He had done it, with honours even. He finally had graduated. His eyes automatically searched the audience and he smiled even brighter when they met Hyuk's proud ones. Hyuk jumped up and down, both thumbs up in the air.

'He's first of his class!' Wookie exclaimed, hugging Kangin tight.

'My baby is intelligent.' Hyuk said, his gummy smile stretched to the fullest.

'Wow, I finally have a smart friend.' Junsu said, earning punches left and right.

'Why aren't you guys going on a vacation for the two weeks he has left before university?' Minho inquired.

Hyuk pouted. 'He didn't want to, he wanted to do two part time jobs to pay for unforseen expenses.'

'He really doesn't like your money, does he?' Junsu commented.

Hyuk sighed. 'But after meeting his parents, I really can't blame him. It's just that it takes him away from me.'

 

Hae ran up to his friends and was hugged tightly by them until Hyuk had enough of it and pulled the boy against him, claiming him once again. Minho rolled his eyes.

'Donghae?' An elderly male came to them.

Hae bowed. 'Teacher.'

'Can you meet me in my office?'

'Of course, sir.' Hae said. 'I'll be right back.' He said to Hyuk and quickly followed his teacher.

 

'I heard you have enrolled for Biology at our local university.' His teacher said.

'Yes, sir!'

'With your grades, you could have chosen the best university in the country, Donghae.'

Hae smiled. 'I have reasons why I want to stay in this area, sir.'

The teacher smiled. 'Ahhhh young love. But your future is more important, young man. I could write a letter of recommendation!'

'Not only love keeps me here, sir, I don't have the financial stability to go somewhere else.'

'They would provide you with a full scholarship including living expenses.'

Hae frowned. His teacher never was this pushy before. 'Sir?'

The teacher sighed. He got up and opened the door once again, revealing Hae's parents.

Hae froze on his seat.

'Donghae.' His father said sternly. 'You should listen to your teacher, apparently you have academic talents.'

Hae didn't respond.

'It's that surfer who is keeping you here, isn't it?' The angry tone in his father's voice made him wince.

'I-I'll leave you alone.' The teacher said before quickly leaving the room, not liking the atmosphere.

'Please, sweety, let's go to the hospital and then you can come back to us.' His mother said all teary eyed.

'No.' Hae responded.

'Fine! I didn't want to resort to this but you leave me no choice. I sent a private detective after you and I let him do a background check on that boy.' His father snarled.

Hae felt fear taking over.

'We know who he is. If you don't come with us, right now, I will reveal everything to the media. Exposing him not only as our country's most famous painter but also as a gay man and you do realise what that will do to his career, right?'

Hae felt his world tumbling down. He just stared at his parents. 'You are monsters.'

His father's fist hit him hard on the cheek. Hae didn't even flinch. It's not as if it was the first time. 'Show us some respect!' His father yelled.

'Donghae, please.' His mother pleaded.

Hae laughed, no pleasure was in it. 'As if I have a choice. You threaten to destroy the person I love the most, of course I'll yield.'

'Good. Pack your things, we are expecting you at home by tomorrow.' His father grabbed his mother's wrist and left the room.

 

'Hey babe, what did your teacher want?' Hyuk asked.

'He recommended another university.'

Hyuk frowned as he saw something in Hae's eyes. 'Well he would know what is best for you, I'm sure we can still transfer you...'

Hae smiled and just hugged Hyuk tight.

'Baby? Are you okay?'

'Just take me home, please.'

'Hae?'

'Hyukkie, please...'