Chapter Twenty Eight

Dangerous Waves

'Are you hurt?' Siwon frowned.

'What? No no, I j-just pulled a muscle last night.' Hae said while avoiding eyecontact, remembering how strong Hyuk had reacted to his teasing. They had been at it all night. He had been barely allowed any sleep. Not that he was complaining. The was mindblowing.

'Want me to look at it?' Heechul smirked seeing through his friend's embarrassement. Hae rubbed the nape of his neck and shook his head.

Hae's eye fell on a sleeping Kyu. The man laid spread out on a beach towel. Sungmin was gently rubbing some sunblock onto him. It made Hae smile but deep inside something hurt. He walked over to the couple.

'Is he alright?' Hae whispered.

Sungmin looked up and smiled. 'He's great.'

Hae could see the love and tenderness in the other's eyes. He swallowed. 'So you guys are together?'

Sungmin nodded. 'Kyu is not an easy man, he's a workaholic and he usually doesn't see the big picture but his heart...' Sungmin bit his lip, trying to contain the overflowing feeling of love he felt. 'His heart is pure. I would do anything for him.'

Hae slowly sat himself down, wincing at the pain in his lower back. Sungmin shot him a knowing look. He waited patiently, sensing the lifeguard was dealing with some kind of issue.

'What if your lo..feelings would have been one sided?' Hae mumbled.

Sungmin had to lean in to understand. 'I would still do anything for him, well whatever he would allow me to do.'

Hae nodded, processing the information.

'Unless he would be just using me for .' Sungmin added.

Hae paled and stared at the sea.

'Then I would die. To let him touch me yet knowing it's just out of temporary lust...that would kill me.' Sungmin said seemingly oblivious of the pain he was causing.

'Couldn't the lust turn into more, into something deeper?' Hae uttered.

'Unlikely, the fact that he would sleep with me without feelings in the first place indicates there would be little hope. If he even liked me one bit, he wouldn't have used me, now would he?' Sungmin smiled as Kyu moved a bit in his sleep, managing to look even more like an innocent child. 'But Kyu isn't like that. He confessed hopelessly at our first date.'

'Hopelessly?'

'Yeah, one minute I'm cutting steak, the next he is on his knees in a full restaurant, begging me to be his.' Sungmin's gaze turned dreamy. 'He looked like a prince. He had my heart from the minute I saw him stumbling down this beach.' He stared at Kyu with so much love that Hae had to look away.

'Thank you.' Hae's voice broke down. He cleared his throat, quickly got up, bowed, winced and slightly limped away.

Sungmin moved a bit so the sun wouldn't shine directly on his lover's face.

'You know, I should fake sleep more often if this is my reward.' Kyu smirked, cracking one eye open.

Sungmin gasped in shocked and punched the younger, hard.

Kyu pouted but then became serious. He turned his head towards the disappearing lifeguard. 'What was up with that anyway?'

'He's in pain.' Sungmin mumbled.

'Yeah, I know that kind of limp.' Kyu grinned, earning himself another punch on the shoulder.

'Someone is using him.' Sungmin sighed.

Kyu's eyes saddened. 'That's horrible.' He pulled Sungmin close. 'But you know, I would let you use me, even if it would kill me.' He whispered, watching those doe eyes melt. He leaned in and captured the lips he craved so much. Their kiss was sweet but became heated fast.

'Take me home.' Sungmin begged.

Kyu was already packing and racing towards the car.

 

 

Hyuk woke up and frowned. His hand searched the spot next to him, only to feel the cold and empty sheet. He sighed and opened his eyes. Hae had left already. He turned his head a bit more, catching something out of the corner of his eye. A note.

Hey,

I have to get to work. There is cereal in the kitchen. Help yourself. Just close the door when you leave.

Donghae

PS you look cute when asleep

PPS thanks for last night

PPPS you just snored, forget about the cute thing

Hyuk laughed out loud. He was disappointed that Hae already left but that note was just so...so Hae.

 

 

The rest of the day Hae was unusually quiet. Just staring out in the sea, trying to calm his heart. It was in the late afternoon when suddenly he felt a presence near him. He turned around and was met with a cheerful Hyuk. He couldn't help but smile back.

'Hey.' He greeted.

'Hey.' Hyuk grinned. He stared at the boy through his sunglasses, feeling the need to touch him but forced himself not to.

'Hae! Can you fill in the paperwork from that kid that was bitten by a jelly fish?' Siwon yelled from a distance.

'Sure! I'm coming.' Hae yelled back and turned to Hyuk. 'Sorry, I have to go.' He started walking slowly towards the cabin.

Hyuk's eyes narrowed as he noticed the limp.

'You caused it, didn't you.' A voice right next to his ear made him startle. He quickly turned around and was met with a knowing Heechul.

Hyuk swallowed, his throat suddenly felt dry.

'Next time, be more considerate. You know he has to ride a bike to come to work.' Heechul scoffed.

Hyuk bit his lip and nodded.

 

Hae's shift was over, he thanked Siwon and Heechul and bid them a good day, before he slowly walked up to his bike. He stood still as he noticed Hyuk leaning against the railing right next to it.

'You should have woken me up and ordered me to drive you.' Hyuk said calmly.

Hae blushed. 'I'm ok.'

'No, you are not. Get in my car, we are going to shop.'

'Shop? I have food enough.'

'For a car.'

Hae's gaze went to Hyuk's car that was parked a little bit further. 'Yours seems like pretty new.'

'For you.'

'What?'

'A car for you.'

Hae's jaw dropped. Their eyes met. Hae quickly closed his mouth and shook his head. 'No.' He walked up to his bike.

Hyuk blocked his way. 'Yes.'

'Why would you buy me a damn car?' Hae exploded. He had been feeling off all day and this was just too confusing.

Hyuk shrugged. 'Why not? You are in pain, I want to have with you a lot without feeling guilty.'

'So you buy me a car?'

'I can afford it easily and I like giving things.'

'I don't like receiving things.' Hae answered.

'You are still getting a car.'

'Don't need one.'

'Yes you do, not only because you are hurt now but also because there are maniacs on the road that could hit you with their car.'

Hae looked up and stared at Hyuk. The latter had to look away quickly. 'Sorry.' Hyuk mumbled.

Hae tried to reach his bike again.

Hyuk wouldn't let him. 'Then quit your job.'

'Are you drunk? Is that it? What the hell is going on in your head?' Hae screamed, he was angry now.

'You either take the car or you quit. I can support you easily.'

'As long as you want me, that is.' Hae said accusingly.

Hyuk was becoming restless. 'I'll call my lawyer. We'll make a contract. If I break our agreement first, I'll make sure you'll get enough of money so you would never have to work again.'

Hae slapped him. Hard. Hyuk stared at his lover in shock.

'What was that for?' He asked, rubbing his cheek.

'Don't...don't ever say such things again!' Hae was still full of anger. 'My parents are the same. They gave me everything I needed as long as I did what they wanted, as long as I acted like their perfect son. But then they couldn't change my biggest flaw in their eyes, so they dropped me in a heart beat. They still try to send me money and I know they contact Kangin and Wook. I hate people that try to control me, to change me. Yes, I'm gay, so what?!' He was screaming now. Thick tears were rolling down his face. 'I hate money! I'd rather be poor and loved for who I am than rich and act like they or you want me to.'

'Hae....' Hyuk tried to calm him down.

'No! You can shove the car, you can shove all your money. It's not cause we ed a couple of times that I'm your property to use as you please.'

Hyuk felt anger boiling up. 'I just want you to be safe, you idiot!' He screamed back.

'Yeah, it would be bad if I get hit again, end up at a hospital for months, or worse...dead. Then you wouldn't be able to me again.' Hae hissed.

This time it was Hyuk who lost it. He punched Hae on the cheek. The boy tumbled back. 'Don't joke about death! Why the hell are you complaining? Because your parents disapprove of your uality? At least you still have parents! Mine abandoned me years ago. They did the worst they could possible do to me. You know what that is?' Hyuk was crying now as well. 'They ing died on me.'

Hae's eyes widened.

'They weren't rich and they loved me all they could but in the end I was left with nothing! People leave, they always do. We are all in this on our own. So excuse me for enjoying life. For indulging pleasure, for wanting you in my bed screaming my ing name over and over again.'

'Hyuk.' Hae whispered. He stepped closer and wrapped his arms around the crying boy. 'I'm sorry, ok?'

Hyuk slowly relaxed into the warm embrace.

'If we outdo ourselves again and it makes me limp, you can drive me to work, ok?' Hae soothed.

Hyuk nodded as he sobbed against his lover's neck.

They both stood there, crying and clinging onto one other.

'I just need you to be safe.' Hyuk mumbled before he pulled the younger into a breathtaking kiss.