Chapter Forty One

Dangerous Waves

Hyuk pushed the doctor aside and entered the room. He froze at the sight of the helpless boy on the bed. This boy seemed like just a shadow of the Hae he had seen ten days ago. How could someone deteriorate so fast?

'Henry!' Hyuk called out as he eyes all the machines linked to Hae. He quickly unstrapped the boy.

Henry had already entered and was checking the medical file.

Hyuk gently seated himself on the bed, his trembling hand brushing a bang aside.

'Well?' He asked, not even reacting to Minho's hands on his shoulders.

'They've shocked him four times.' Henry said softly.

Hyuk closed his eyes, he inhaled deeply. 'And?'

'His vitals are all over the place. Very unstable. This isn't good...hmmmm.'

'What?' Hyuk barked, the tension getting to him.

'He might suffer memory loss as well.' Henry added.

'Maybe you should stop eyeing that ing chart and check on Hae yourself!' Hyuk exploded.

The boy on the bed stirred.

Hyuk immediately sensed it and snapped his head back.

The heart rate was increasing as was the blood pressure.

'What is going on?' Hyuk asked worriedly.

Henry calmly went to Hae and checked his pupils. 'He's waking up.'

Hyuk felt his heart leap. 'Hae?'

Hae's eyes fluttered open and tried to focus.

'Baby?' Hyuk's desperation was tangible.

Hae's eyes widened slightly. Confusion was setting in. He frowned. He looked at the other people in the room and stopped when he saw the doctor.

'Hae? It's me, Hyuk!'

Hae didn't respond, he just kept his eyes on the doctor.

Henry turned towards the doctor. 'Is he always like this?'

'He hasn't uttered a word in two days.' The doctor confessed.

Hyuk cupped Hae's face. 'Please baby, don't do this to me. It's me. Your Hyukkie.' He pleaded.

Fear appeared all over the lifeguard's face.

'No, don't be afraid. We are lovers.' Hyuk insisted.

'Hyukjae.' Minho softly pulled his best friend away.

'NO! I won't lose him, not after all we have been through!' Hyuk cried out. 'Everyone out of this room.'

They all just stared at him as if he's a mad man.

'NOW!' He yelled as he pushed them out. He closed and locked the door. He rested his forehead against it as he panted. He heard Hae's heart rate going ballistic. 'I'm sorry, I don't mean to scare you. Please give me a moment.' Hyuk whispered. 'I've been out of my mind since you've gone missing. I'm at my end. I don't think I can handle you not being okay.' Hyuk breathed as he turned around just in time to see Hae wipe a tear away.

'D-don't cry, baby. P-please.' Hyuk begged. 'I-I'll leave. Okay? I'm sorry. I'll make sure Junsu transfer you to a safe place and they'll take care of you. Let them know when you...' his voice broke. He cleared his throat. 'When you remember me.' Hyuk turned around, his hand on the lock.

'M-monkey.' A faint, hoarse whisper echoed through the room.

Hyuk froze. He almost laughed at his own insanity. 'Just great, now I'm hallucinating.'

'Monkey.' It sounded firmer now.

Hyuk quickly turned around and was next to the boy in a second.

'Hae?'

'H-he'll ruin y-you. P-please act along with me.' Hae spoke slowly.

Hyuk frowned.

'I'll a-act straight f-from now on.' Hae whispered.

Hyuk could have cried from relief. He hugged the startled boy tightly. 'You ing idiot. You scared the out of me.'

'Hyukkie, n-no.'

'Yes, from now on that is the only thing I want to hear from you. Yes, yes, yes ,yes!' Hyuk said.

'B-but...'

'Stop worrying about me for once. I don't care about my reputation. I'm going to let Gd interview me and I'll tell the world how much I love you.' Hyuk said, sparkling.

Hae started crying hard now.

'I should have known four stupid shocks wouldn't break my baby. You just acted completely off this world so they would leave you alone.' Hyuk beamed. 'You sneaky little thing.'

Hae blushed.

Hyuk looked him deeply in the eyes. 'Now I want you to kiss me.'

'Hyukkie...'

'Unless you don't want to.' Hyuk pouted.

Hae's eyes widened as he eyed that bottom lip. He blinked a couple of times and then smiled the brightest smile of his life. 'Y-you dope.'

'Your dope, you mean.' Hyuk whispered, leaning in a bit.

Hae weakly lifted his arms and closed the distance. Their lips met, causing their own chemistry that warmed their hearts and revived their souls.