Chapter Thirty

Dangerous Waves

Hyuk woke up. He felt his phone vibrating. He carefully reached for it, trying not to wake Hae.

'Hmmmm?'

'Hyuk, where are you man? We've been waiting for half an hour!' Junsu's voice shrieked through the phone.

'Shhhh, don't yell! Hae is sleeping.'

Within the following silence Hyuk realised what he just had said.

'And why is Donghae sleeping next to you at 9 pm in the evening?' Hyuk could hear the smirk on Junsu's face.

'And you call yourself a med student? Do I need to draw it out for you?' Hyuk scoffed.

He heard some movements and then Minho's voice. 'Hyuk, what's wrong?'

'Nothing.'

'Liar. Spill it.'

Hyuk sighed. 'Can you both come to Hae's place? Don't ring the bell, I'll leave the door open.'

 

Hyuk had slowly and carefully detached himself from the knocked out lifeguard. He tiptoed to the small living room, opened the door and waited. A couple of minutes later he was greeted by his two best friends. They slumped down on the couch, flanking Hyuk.

'What happened?' Junsu whispered.

'Hae's parents came over a couple of hours ago. They are horrible. They think he is sick just because he prefers men. Th-They...' Hyuk his throat closed.

Minho shared a look with Junsu and they both hugged the surfer. 'Shhhh, you can cry, it's alright, Hyuk.' Minho whispered.

A tear ran down Hyuk's face. 'You should have heard them. They've been dragging him from hospital to hosptal to cure him since he was 14.'

Junsu closed his eyes and Minho just gasped. 'Cure?'

'They were here today to get him shock therapy, they even hoped me hitting him with my car had done the trick.' More tears came.

Junsu felt so much anger. 'Ignorant fools. They could have damaged that boy to no limit!'

'They did. Hae broke down afterwards. I spoke to one of his friends and they caused him to not even finish high school. They crushed his dreams.'

'Hyuk, are you alright?' Minho inquired.

'I'm just so scared.' Hyuk confessed.

'Of what?' Junsu frowned.

'Losing him. I can't...I just can't lose him.'

'No! noooooo! Leave me alone, no more, please !!! I'll be good, I'll be a good boy!' They heard Hae scream. Hyuk flew to the bedroom to find the lifeguard trashing around in the bed. He instinctively hugged him and tried to sooth him.

'Wake him up, I'm going to run to the car and get him a sedative.' Junsu ordered.

'Hae wake up, baby, it's just a bad dream.' Hyuk said softly.

Hae opened his eyes weakly. 'I'll be good, I promise.'

'You are great, baby.' Hyuk rocked the boy. Minho had to bite his lip to not just burst out in tears himself.

'Hyukkie.'

'I'm here, baby.'

'We have to stop seeing each other, I need to be good. I can't be attracted to you. It's wrong. It's....' Hae started crying again.

Hyuk felt his heart drop. 'Hae, no.'

Hae stared at him with empty eyes. His hand caressed the jawline he loved so much. 'It's only anyway, right? You could have anyone. I'll be fine.'

Minho signaled Junsu to wait a bit as he entered.

'But you can't let them win. There is nothing wrong with you Hae. It's okay for us to sleep together!' Hyuk almost yelled in despair.

Hae's eyes clouded even more. 'No, longing for a man is wrong. It's sick. I even contaminated you. Maybe the shock therapy will...'

The sounds of skin against skin shocked the room. Hyuk had slapped the lifeguard hard across the face.

'Shut up! Damn it! Don't you get it? You are gay, you were born this way, there is no cure and there shouldn't be a cure! You are perfectly fine!  And no way you are dumping me, you hear me? No way I'm letting you go! You are stuck with me for the rest of your damn life! You are going to finish high school by having evening classes and then you are going to go to the university and study biology. I'll help you with it all and as a counteract you are going to be with me. You are moving in with me and we are going to date and I'll make sure no one else can hurt you or even touch you, damn it!'

Hae stared at him in shock.

'You can't leave me!' Hyuk repeated.

A blush appeared on Hae's face. 'Am I that good in bed?'

Minho choked on air, Junsu patted his back.

'Th-that's not the point.' Hyuk said softly.

'If it's not about the , then why would you do this for me?'

'I've grown attached to you.' Hyuk mumbled.

Minho had to hold Junsu back. He forced Junsu out of the apartment.

'Attached.' Hae repeated. 'Do you ask everyone you feel attached to, to come and live with you?'

'It rarely happens and no, I don't.'

'Then why me?'

Hyuk drowned in those eyes that reflected confusion, hurt and something else. 'Why must you be so damn persistent? Aish, fine!' Hyuk leaned in and kissed the boy gently. 'You get it now?'

Hae frowned. 'Because you like to kiss me?'

'Baby, you are killing me here.' Hyuk sighed, he rested his forehead against Hae's for a minute. He breathed in, made sure they had eye contact, grabbed Hae's hand and placed it on his heart. 'It's cause you have a home right here.' He whispered. 

Hae's eyes widened.

'I love you.' Hyuk said. 'I'm completely smitten by you and it's not that I like it or chose to be! It just happened, ok? So if you mention one more time, I'm going to kill you.'

'Ok. Me too, by the way.'

'You too what?'

'I love you too.'

Hyuk's heart skipped a beat.

'Yeah I know, I have no idea why, because you are loud and rude, even cruel and....' Hae was shut up by Hyuk's fierce kiss. Within three seconds, the kiss sweetened. It outed all their feelings for one another.

Hae pouted.

'What is it now?'

'So now you say you love me but we never can have again?'

'Oh....my....god.' Hyuk breathed.

Hae chuckled.

'You little tease. Come here, I'll show you.'