Chapter Thirteen

Dangerous Waves

'Just ask him, Kyu.' Min whispered in encouragement.

Kyu froze as he felt busted. 'I-It's n-not like t-that.'

Sungmin chuckled and bent his arms behind his head. 'I know, you are just worried.'

Kyu eyed Siwon again, still hesitating. He felt Min's hand on his thigh and looked back at his boyfriend.

'Just go, I'm curious as well, I wouldn't mind to see that once more.' Min said while grinning widely.

A scowl appeared on Kyu's face. 'Excuse me?'

'Pumpkin, I simply adore you and you are great in the sack but I still have eyes that can look wherever they want.' Min said playfully.

Kyu's jaw dropped.

Min leaned over and gently closed his lover's mouth. 'Haven't seen a better one than yours though.'

'You are unbelievable.' Kyu blushed and quickly got up, marching towards the lifeguard.

'Oh, that's it! Work it baby!' Min wolf whistled, clearly seeing the tips of Kyu's ears turning bright red.

 

'Excuse me.' Kyu said.

'Yes? How can I help you, sir?' Siwon said with his friendliest smile.

'Your coworker, Donghae. Is he alright?' Kyu asked.

'How kind of you to worry about him, he's fine, he should be with us again any day now.' Siwon said.

Kyu bowed slightly and was about to walk away when he saw Siwon's facial features change into something a mime would be envious about. Eyes widened, mouth opened to full stretch. No sound came from the lifeguard as he simply bounced up and down and pointed behind Kyuhyun. Before Kyu could turn around he was passed and pushed over by Heechul who was outing some warrior shout while running towards and jumping on a smiling Donghae.

'Hae are you okay?' Heechul held the boy at arm's length and inspected his body.

'It's been two weeks, hyung, the doctor finally gave me the okay!' Hae smiled brightly. He was sick of doing nothing at home, replaying every scene that had involved a certain surfer. A surfer that had stopped appearing after the evening Top had taken over the massaging duties.

Heechul narrowed his eyes as he saw his favourite dongsaeng's smile falter a bit. 'Written proof!' He demanded as he stretched out his arm.

Hae quickly reached for his wallet and gave him the letter from his doctor.

Heechul looked at it and then eyed Hae again. 'Are you sure you are fit enough to start again? You know I would still pay you even if you needed another week off.' He said gently.

Hae hugged his hyung. 'I'm fine, I just get lonely at home.'

 

'And?' Junsu asked.

'He's at the beach.' Minho confirmed as he tried to keep a low profile. 'Should we tell Hyuk?'

'So he can act like a jerk again? I don't think so.'

'Su, aren't you a bit too harsh on your best friend?' Minho whispered into the phone.

Junsu sighed. 'Let's give the boy some peace for just today, okay? We'll inform Hyuk tomorrow.'

 

'So, how was your first day back at the beach?' Kangin asked while he signaled the bartender.

'It was nice and quiet.' Hae smiled but it didn't reach his eyes.

Kangin shared a look with Wookie. 'I see.'

'Drinks are on me tonight.' Wook said as he slapped Hae on the shoulder.

 

'Should we be worried?' Kangin asked as he took another sip of his soju.

Wook kept his eyes on a tipsy, dancing Hae and shrugged. 'He seems to have fun.'

Hae was shaking in between two girls and giggled now and then as they whispered stuff into his ear.

 

Junsu bit his lip as his eye immediately fell upon Hae as he walked into the club with his friends. He looked over his shoulder and signaled it discretely to Minho.

'I don't feel like this club tonight.' Minho picked up the signal and whined, trying to block Hyuk's view.

But Hyuk had already seen the lifeguard. His fists clenched.

'Hyuk...' Junsu said while he softly grabbed his arm.

'I'm okay, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be? So what if my enemy is having fun with those s?

Yesung rolled his eyes. 'Enemy.' He mumbled.

'If you think him shaking that y of his at every willing soul in this club is bothering me, you are dead wrong!' Hyuk exclaimed, pointed his nose in the air and walked to a table.

'I swear one of these days I'm going to knock some sense into that hard head of his.' Junsu hissed.

'Yup he definitely needs a good beating.' Minho smirked.

'Ewwww gross.' Yesung said, disgusted by the implication.

'You, my weird hyung, have a dirty mind.' Minho grinned.

 

Hae was being watched by a tall, pensive guy.

'Top, is that the boy?' The guy asked his friend.

'Yea, Jin. What do you think?'

'You are right, he's my type.' Jin Hyuk smiled.

'Who's your type?' A third male wrapped his arms around both Top and Jin's shoulders.

'The cute one with the sparkling eyes.' Jin said. 'Oh and GD, I saw him first.'

'Well technically, I saw him first.' Top pointed out.

'No spark?' GD asked.

Top blushed and looked away from GD's intense gaze. He shook his head, failing to see the almost predatory glance in GD's eyes.

'You are sure he's into guys?' Jin asked as he saw Hae grab a girl by the hips and shake some more.

'Yeah, I definitely saw him being attracted to some guy.' Top answered.

'What happened to the guy?' Jin inquired.

'He stopped coming by.'

'Might explain why this one is drinking more than he should.' Jin mumbled.

'You want me to introduce you?' Top asked.

'Not tonight. I want him to at least remember my face in the morning.'