Chapter Six

Dangerous Waves

The next day Hae crawled out of bed into the shower. He had almost no memory of the night before but he knew he was safe with Kangin and Ryeowook.

He skipped breakfast since the thought of food made him shiver. He got his bike and started riding it to the beach. The sun was too bright and his muscles hurt. He really shouldn't drink.

Suddenly a car turned right in front of him, startling Hae. Hae screamed as his reaction time was too slow and he crashed against the open car, toppling over his bike into the backseat. 

'What the hell?' The driver used his brakes and looked behind him.

Hae saw monkeys everywhere before his vision blurred completely and he passed out.

Hyuk stared at the lifeguard for a split second and then quickly got out to check the boy. He didn't see blood. He winced when he saw the dent in his car left by the other's bike. He threw the broken bike aside, got back in and drove.

 

'Junsu, get your to my place, now.' Hyuk screamed into his phone. 'I don't care that you are busy, hurry up and bring your doctor stuff.'

He hung up, parked his car on the driveway and quickly got out. He opened his front door and ran back to the car, picking up the still unconscious boy and carried him inside. He gently put the boy in his bed and stared helplessly at him.  Maybe I shouldn't have moved him. He rushed to the bathroom got a towel and made it damp. He softly patted it against Hae's pale face.

'Hyukjae?' Junsu's concerned voice sounded from somewhere in the house.

'Bedroom.' Hyuk shouted.

Junsu ran in and froze. 'What is he doing here?'

'I-I hit him with my car.' Hyuk said.

'What?' Junsu shouted and immediately pushed Hyuk away and checked on the boy. He softly wrapped his hands around Hae's head and felt a bump, but no cuts.

'Shouldn't you secure his neck?' Hyuk asked.

'No point since you already moved him' Junsu snarled.

Junsu grabbed scissors out of his bag and cut open Hae's shirt.

'Wha-what are you doing?' Hyuk asked.

'Checking for damage.' Junsu said as he started tapping every spot on Hae's torso. He got his stethoscope and listened to the steady heartbeat. He gently turned the boy around to check his back. He then cut open the pants. His hands traveled along the calves and thighs, relieved that he didn't find any wounds.

'Why didn't you bring him to a hospital, you idiot?' Junsu yelled.

Hyuk stared at Junsu and couldn't answer, he just had reacted on instinct. 'How is he?'

'I know you hate his guts but hitting him with your car? Seriously?'

'I didn't see him, it was an accident!'

Hae frowned and moaned. Junsu immediately went back to him.

'What is happening?' Hae mumbled, slowly opening his eyes. They widened as his gaze went from Junsu to Hyuk to his own undressed state. 'No! Please, don't me, I-I-I'm sorry I h-hit you, pl-please!' Hae wanted to get up but Junsu held him down.

'Aish, we're not going to hurt you, you were in an accident, I'm a med student, I checked up on you.' Junsu said softly. Hae's eyes saw the stethoscope and he relaxed. 'As far as I can see you only have a nasty bump on your head.' Junsu continued as he covered the boy up with a blanket.

'Since when are you so caring?' Hyuk said annoyed.

Junsu ignored his friend and patted Hae's head lightly. 'You should go to the hospital to get a proper check up.' He got up, gathered his stuff and walked to the door. 'Oh and do sue Hyukjae for hitting you with his car.'

Hae stared at the door and then at the surfer. 'You hit me with your car?'

'I didn't see you.' Hyuk gathered the cut up clothes and threw them in a corner. He went to his closet and started looking for some clothes. He threw some at the boy. 'Can you get dressed on your own? I'll drive you to the hospital.'

'N-n-n-no need, I'm fine.' Hae clenched his fingers onto the clothes. 'I need to go to work, please leave so I can get dressed.'

'You can't work, we need to go to the hospital.' Hyuk said calmly.

'I said no.' A stubborn tone laced the three short words.

'I'm not going to jail cause you die on me.' Hyuk snarled.

'And I'm not getting into a car nor am I going to a hospital.' Hae crossed his arms.

Hyuk saw the fear in the other's eyes. 'Chicken' He mumbled.

'What was that?' Hae frowned.

'You are such a wimp.' Hyuk snorted immediately getting hit by one of his huge fluffy pillows. 'Stop that.' Hyuk growled.

'Get out and leave me alone.' Hae shouted, repeatedly hitting the surfer.The blanket was slipping off.

Hyuk grabbed Hae's wrists and managed to snatch the pillow away from him. He lost his balance though and fell on top of the barely dressed boy still holding his wrists above Hae's head.

Hae grunted in pain as the surfer's muscular body fell on top of him. 'You really want me dead, don't you?' He croaked out.

Hyuk didn't reply.

Hae opened his eyes and saw the other's gaze transfixed onto his lips. 'Hyukjae?'

'I really shouldn't be surprised by how fast you open your legs for someone.' Hyuk said.

Hae froze and then started struggling against his nemesis.

'Stop it!' Hyuk growled but Hae didn't listen and trashed about as much as he could until he heard the older moan. Hae suddenly held himself completely still. Hyuk was panting heavily on top of him, his eyes all dark and still glued to the younger's mouth. He leaned in and pressed his plump lips against the trembling ones of Hae.

Hae's eyes fluttered shut as he felt the softness of those lips. Slowly they molded together. He felt a thumb caressing his cheek as he realised his hands were free and he buried one deeply in the redhead's hair. They parted for air. Hyuk ran his tongue against Hae's bottom lip as they eyed each other.

'Open up.' Hyuk said.

Hae just stared back.

'Come on, open those lips, I'll pay for it.' Hyuk said impatiently.

Hae froze.

'Oh come on, look at my place, I can easily afford a cheap like you.' Hyuk snarled.

Hae pushed him off and quickly covered himself with the blanket again.

'Fine!' Hyuk roared as he threw some bills at Hae. 'Be gone in ten minutes.' He ordered as he angrily left the room.

 

Hyuk heard his front door close, he walked over to the window and saw Hae walking on the sidewalk. Hyuk went to his bedroom and tidied up the bed. His eye fell on a little note:

I'll take the money to compensate for my bike. I'll wash the clothes you gave me and get them returned to you. Bye.

Lee Donghae

Hyuk stared at it and then tore it apart.