Chapter Twenty Nine

Dangerous Waves

Donghae realised he was happy as he was having dinner with Hyuk in the kitchen. They were talking about little things. Hyuk could be really funny when relaxed.

Suddenly his phone vibrated and he picked it up. He frowned as he read the message from Wook.

'What's wrong?' Hyuk asked.

'Wook just messaged me that he's sorry.'

'What for?'

'I have no idea.'

'Your friends are weird.'

Donghae threw him a sharp look. 'Like yours are any better.'

Hyuk grinned. 'True, true.' He got their empty plates and moved them to the sink. He was about to hug Donghae when the doorbell rang.

Hae gave him an apologetic smile and answered it.

Hyuk frowned when there was only silence. He got up when finally he heard voices.

'What are you guys doing here?' Hae said. He sounded strained.

'We are your parents, Donghae.' A deep male voice resounded. 'Can't we see our son? Ryeowook was kind enough to hand us your address.'

Hyuk's eyes widened. He immediately went to the living room and saw Hae standing all tensed up in front of two elderly people. Their heads snapped towards him. 'Who are you?' The woman asked.

Hyuk bowed. 'Hello. I'm Lee Hyukjae.'

'What are you doing here?' The man hissed.

Hyuk blinked but then remembered what Hae had told him.

'Dad.' Hae said softly.

'Donghae and I are friends. I'm a surfer and he saved my life once.' Hyuk answered rather cold.

Hope appeared on their faces. It turned Hyuk's stomach. 'So...so you two are not involved?' Hae's mum asked.

Hyuk forced himself to look shocked. 'What? No of course not. I don't swing that way.' He saw both parents relax. He failed to see the very hurt look in Hae's eyes though.

'That's a good man. You see, Donghae, why can't you be more like him?' Hae's dad said.

Hyuk realised his mistake right then and there. 'Sir....'

Hae just bowed and apologised to his parents. It tugged at Hyuk's heart.

'We found another doctor, sweety.' The woman spoke.

Hae froze up completely. Hyuk saw panic taking over. 'A doctor? Is Donghae ill?'

'Very.' The man said.

Hyuk quickly walked over to Hae. 'What's wrong with you? Why didn't you tell me?'

Hae just looked at him with empty eyes.

'I can understand that he didn't tell you he was gay.' The man said. 'But we found a doctor that can cure him.'

Hyuk's jaw dropped.

'Please.' Hae whispered almost inaudibly.

'I know the other doctors said the same, honey, but this one showed us proof!' His mum said desperately. 'Let's go to the hospital.'

'You took him to several hospitals to cure him?' Hyuk finally spoke.

'Yes we tried a lot already.' The elder man sighed.

'No wonder your son is so afraid of hospitals that he refused to go to one when he was hit by a car.' Hyuk outed.

'You were hit by a car?' Hae's mum said.

'Do you feel different since then? The doctor we just mentioned uses shock therapy but maybe the car did it already.' His father spoke hopefully.

Hyuk just lost it right then and there. 'Excuse me? Shock therapy? And by the way, yes Hae is fine now, I'm so thrilled you guys, as his parents inquired. And oh, I lied. That boy over there, the one you have damaged over the years, is in fact my lover. We do it all the time, everywhere. And he's great at it. If you would excuse us, I'd like you to leave now so I can your images out of his brain.' Hyuk yelled.

Hae's parents just stared in shock at the surfer.

'Or maybe you want to watch? I can make him scream so loud.' Hyuk smirked.

'Wait a minute young man.' Hae's dad started.

But Hyuk just turned around, grabbed Hae's head and kissed him right then and there. He easily received access and put his tongue to good use. Within five seconds he had the boy and he smirked when he heard the front door being slammed.

He held Hae's cheeks and looked at the flustered lifeguard. 'I'm so sorry baby, I'm so so sorry.' He whispered as he gently kissed the tears that finally escaped, away. As Hae started crying his heart out, Hyuk just held him. He moved them to the couch and placed the boy on his lap, he guided Hae's head to his chest and rubbed his back as he let the boy weep.

'Thank you, Hyukkie.' Hae whispered before he fell asleep, completely exhausted.

 

'No, he's fine, Wook. He's sleeping.' Hyuk was pacing around with Hae's cell phone.

'I shouldn't have given them his address.' Wook sighed.

'You thought you did the right thing, it's ok.'

'I'm glad you were with him, Hyuk. He needed that.'

'When did it start?'

'What do you mean?'

'This thing with his parents.'

'When he told them he was gay, I think he was 14.'

Hyuk cussed.

'They really dragged him from hospital to hospital, he was drugged, examined and treated so many times he couldn't finish high school.' Wook said softly. 'And Hae loved to study. He wanted to be a biologist. He wanted to travel the world and examine species. He had so many dreams but they killed it.'

Hyuk would have smashed something if he didn't fear it would wake up Hae. 'Thanks, Wook.'

'Take care of him for us. He needs you.'

Hyuk felt something in his stomach when he heard those words. 'I will.'

Hyuk put the phone down and went to the bedroom. He stared at Hae who was sleeping all curled up. He undressed while his eyes never left the sleeping figure. He laid himself down and pulled the boy into his embrace. Hae cuddled into him and sighed in relief in his sleep. Hyuk kissed his forehead. 'I will.' He whispered.