Chapter Thirty Two

Dangerous Waves

'I don't care that it's late. Hae fainted, get your over here.' Hyuk yelled into the phone, his eyes on the still unconscious lifeguard. His hands were trembling as he put the phone down. He bent down to the couch and scanned the pale face. 'What's wrong, baby?' He whispered. He softly tapped the boy's face and waited for Junsu to arrive.

After two minutes, Hae's eyelashes started to move slightly.

'Hae?'

Hae groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. 'What happened?' He mumbled.

'Y-you fainted.'

'Why would I fa....you are Minsu!' Hae shot up and got dizzy all over again.

'Calm down, baby, please.' Hyuk begged.

'Hyuk?!' Junsu's voice resonated through the house.

'Upstairs!' Hyuk yelled back, while he held Hae.

A panting Junsu arrived. 'So, what is going on?'

'H-he's Minsu.' Hae said weak.

'He fainted and he's still shaken up.' Hyuk ignored Hae and spoke to his friend.

Junsu looked from one to the other. 'Hyuk,  move aside so I can examine him.' Junsu cupped Hae's pale face and looked into his dilated pupils. He grabbed the boy's wrist and felt the speedy heart beat. 'I'm going to take you blood pressure but I can tell you this already. You are in shock.'

'He's in shock?'

'Clearly. What did you do?' Junsu snarled at his friend.

'I just revealed that I'm Minsu.' Hyuk uttered.

Tears welled up in Hae's eyes again.

Junsu frowned. 'Hyuk go and get some soju.'

'What?'

'Now!'

Hyuk ran off.

'Why are you shocked?' Junsu asked gently.

'Pain.'

'Where?' Junsu started to Hae's shirt but got pushed away by Hyuk who was already back. 'Stop touching him!'

Junsu sighed. He shoved Hyuk aside. 'Hae, where does it hurt?'

Hae blinked some tears away and placed his hands over his heart.'

'Oh my god, we need an ambulance.' Hyuk choked out, his hands searching for his cell phone.

'Shut the hell up and sit down, you idiot.' Junsu snarled. He turned back to Hae. 'Go on.'

'Minsu had a hard life, he hates himself, he's passionate and emotional. He's very, very lonely.' Hae hiccuped.

Hyuk stared at his boyfriend and quickly sat himself down.

'I've loved his work since he started. It just screamed at me. I always wanted to tell him that life will get better. But his paintings got even darker recently.' Hae sniffed.

'Because of you.' Junsu said, ignoring the gasp from Hyuk. 'You tortured him.'

Hae's eyes widened as his gaze went to Hyuk. Hyuk looked down at his hands.

'Minho and I grew up with this pain in the . As you have already noticed, his rough and rude outside is just a cover for the pure heart inside. He's the best friend one can imagine. He has always supported both Minho and myself when we were in trouble. Hell, he's even paying for my studies, which I still don't like. When he lost his parents, he started to paint. His talent was obvious. He never liked that kind of spotlight though so he fabricated a name, combined from Minho's and mine. He is softhearted and cheesy like that.' Junsu's eyes softened as he Hyuk's hair. 'Yes some of his recent paintings are painful but I see a lot of love too and I bet if you would look at his most recent one, you would see immediately what you mean to him.' Junsu grabbed the bottle of soju and got up. 'My work is done, I'll take this as payment.' He just left the room, leaving the two boys alone.

'I'm sorry I fainted.' Hae mumbled.

'It just scared me.' Hyuk answered.

'Can we go there again?'

'What if you faint again?'

'Then you'll catch me.' Hae smiled.

Hyuk smiled back and nodded. The fingers of his hand intertwined with Hae's. They were halfway the stairs when Hae stopped. Hyuk turned around, his eyebrows raised.

'You gave me that painting, didn't you?' Hae suddenly realised.

Hyuk slowly turned red. He pulled at their hands again to get the lifeguard moving.

'Hyukkie?'

Hyuk sighed. 'Yes, I did.'

'Why?'

'Cause I already had fallen for you back then.' He looked in front of him, too ashamed of what he said. Two arms wrapped around his waist and Hae's head rested in between his shoulderblades. 'Hyukkie.' Hae whispered. Hyuk carressed Hae's hands and just stood there, enjoying the other's warmth.