Chapter Thirty Four

Dangerous Waves

'I hate math.' Donghae mumbled for the tenth time as he threw his pencil through Hyuk's living room.

Hyuk hid his smile and continued to set the table. 'When does your next class start?'

Hae looked at the clock and sighed. 'In an hour and a half.'

'Ok, let's eat first, then I'll take a look at your assignment and I'll drive you there.'

Hae's eyes sparkled as he nodded, jumped up from his desk and ran to his boyfriend to give him a tight hug.

Hyuk chuckled. 'Two more months and you'll be going to the university.'

Hae beamed. He was looking forward to it. In a little more than a month he would be done with his evening classes and he would get his high school graduation. He had saved enough money for the entrance fee at the university and had managed to get a scholar ship so most of his expenses would be taken care of. Hyuk had grumbled a bit about it but understood and adored his lover's integrity. He did still manage to shower him with lots of, in Hae's eyes, needless gifts like a laptop and a smartphone.

'When can we visit your new exhibition?' Hae suddenly asked after swallowing down a spoon full of rice.

'You are quite eager to see it, aren't you?' Hyuk smiled.

'Well yeah, since you won't let me see any of your new work.' Hae pouted.

Hyuk bit his lip. 'What if you don't like it?'

Hae snorted, forgetting he had some kimchi in his mouth and started coughing loudly, trying to get some air.

Hyuk jumped up and started patting his back until Hae's face returned to its normal colour. 'Are you ok?' He asked concerned, wiping a tear from Hae's cheek.

'Y-yeah, that went the wrong way. But seriously, even if you would only paint circles, I'd probably still love it.'

Hyuk stared at his lover. He had to swallow the lump in his throat. He felt so blessed. He still felt bad for the way he had treated Hae in the past, how he had assumed the worst each time while the boy was simply so pure.

'What's wrong?' Hae frowned.

Hyuk smiled gently. 'I just realised I love you more and more each day.'

The blush that conquered Hae's cheeks was very rewarding. Hyuk carressed it and leaned in for a peck.

The front door opened and Junsu and Minho walked in. Minho whistled as he eyes the kissing couple, causing Hae to pull back.

'Can't you guys ring the bell, like normal visitors?' Hyuk growled. 'What if you were five minutes later?'

Minho frowned. 'What do you mean?'

Junsu laughed. 'Hyuk, Hyuk, you wanted to seduce Hae at the dinner table? Tsk, bad for digestion.'

'I wouldn't mind walking in on that.' Minho shrugged.

Hyuk eyed Hae's obvious shyness and sent a glare to his best friends. 'Why are you guys here anyway?'

Junsu looked fake hurt as he grabbed his chest. 'Can't believe you forgot!'

'What?'

'It's our 20th anniversary!' Minho exclaimed in joy.

Hyuk rolled his eyes and earned himself a soft punch from Hae. 'Oh please, they would use any excuse to just barge in here.'

'Hyukkie!' Hae's voice was stern.

Hyuk sighed. 'Fine, fine. Min let's do the dishes, Su you help Hae with his math, afterwards we'll drive him to class and go for a drink, how does that sound?'

'Can't you ditch your class?' Minho wondered.

Hae bit his lip. 'It's really tempting but...'

Hyuk interrupted. 'I'll pick you up after class and we will rejoin these two morons for the rest of the evening.'

'Yayyyyy!!!' Minho cheered. 'Hyuk is so boring if you are not around.' He hugged Hae tightly.

'Excuse me?' Hyuk snarled.

'It's true though, you are way more entertaining when Hae is around.' Junsu chuckled. 'We love to see you stumble and turn into a love sick fool around our fish.'

'He's not your fish!' Hyuk mumbled.

'And oh the possessiveness, how I love it.' Minho was laughing hard now.

'Guys, stop teasing Hyukkie.' Hae said softly.

'You are way too nice, Hae. That crude boy needs to be toned down a bit now and then.' Junsu smiled.

'Oh, I have my ways.' Hae said.

The two visitors went from Hae's knowing face to Hyuk's. The latter turning more crimson by the second.

'I'm going to the kitchen and do the dishes before I get any more cavities watching you two.' Minho mumbled.

Junsu dragged Hae to his desk, breaking the intense eye contact between the lovers.

 

'I don't think I ever saw you this happy.' Junsu said to Hyuk before he took another sip of his beer.

Hyuk smiled softly as he checked the time again.

Minho grinned at Junsu, agreeing.

'He's just so...Hae.' Hyuk said as if that explained it.

'And you clearly are good for him too. He's even more radiant than before.' Minho said.

'Keep your filthy eyes to yourself.' Hyuk grunted.

Junsu chuckled.

Hyuk got up. 'I'll be back in thirty minutes, I need to pick him up. Order another juice for me and a cocktail for Hae, ok?' He didn't wait for the response and walked quickly towards the exit.

'Who knew Hyuk would look this attractive being whipped?' Minho grinned.

Junsu's eyes softened. 'It's great seeing him like this again, isn't it?'

Minho nodded. 'He deserves it. They both do.'