Chapter Thirty Nine

Dangerous Waves

The couple was sitting nervously together, waiting for the doctor to arrive. When the door opened, they both looked at its direction.

The doctor pulled back his chair and seated himself. 'I assume you have visited your son?'

'No, we first wanted to hear the results.' Donghae's dad answered.

The doctor frowned. 'Well. We will have to stop the treatment, I'm afraid.'

'Is he cured?' Hae's mum asked, hope lacing her voice.

'I'm not sure but right now, he's bordering falling into a coma.'

'What?' His father shouted.

'Seems he's reacting very strongly to the shocks.' The doctor mumbled.

'Why didn't you contact us?'

The doctor felt anger taking over as well. 'Why didn't you visit your own son?'

'Cause as long as he's gay, he isn't my son!' Hae's father shouted.

'I want to see him.' His wife said softly.

'I have to warn you, it's not a pretty sight.' The doctor sighed.

 

Donghae was still moving in and out of consciousness. He didn't notice the visitors. He didn't even hear the scream of his mother and the cussing of his father, threatening the doctor with a law suit. His body felt heavy, his mind very very light.

 

'Hyuk, you have to eat.' Jin said, trying to shove a spoonful of rice into the surfer's mouth. Top had informed him of the situation and he felt like all he could do for Hae was taking care of Hyuk.

Hyuk didn't even react. It had been nine days. They were closing in on Hae's parents, who left a trail of doctor visits all over the country. Hyuk was currently studying the map that pinpointed every visit. Suddenly there was loud knocking on his front door. Kangin went to open it and was almost trampled by a fuming Heechul, followed by a seriously worried Siwon.

'What did you do to my Hae?' Heechul screamed into Hyuk's face.

'Heechul, hyung, wait a second.' Wook tried to intervene.

'As I will. Hae didn't come to pick up his last payment the day before yesterday. I know how much he needs the money and he's not picking up his phone, so what the hell is going on?' Heechul yelled.

'His parents took him.' Hyuk mumbled. 'I don't know where he is. He's been missing for nine days. And I know he's in danger. We are trying to find him but it seems they've got him hidden quite well. I can only hope they aren't administering that shock therapy they were talking about' Hyuk's voice caved.

Heechul paled and Siwon had to step in to support him. 'My Hae? Shock therapy?' He whispered, clinging onto Siwon. He swallowed and forced himself to man up. He quickly grabbed his cell and speed dialed a number.

'Hey, it's me. No, shut up and listen. A friend of mine is in danger. Assemble your team. I'll let someone contact you within half an hour. You better do this for me!' He ended the call and turned to Hyuk. 'Who is in charge of the operation?'

'Minho, my friend, he's a highly ranked police officer.'

'Good. Give me his details. I've got some friends that will help out.' Heechul ordered.

Hyuk teared up.

'Don't give me that look, you damn monkey. I know Hae is hanging in with all he's got, you better do the same!' Heechul screamed contradicting it with a tight hug.

 

Minho felt a bit intimidated by the four black ops in his office.

'Hi, I'm Hangeng, leader of this squad, this is Henry, Kyuhyun and Taemin.' The tallest introduced them.

Minho frowned as he watched the last one, they all seemed so young.

'Don't let his looks fool you, he could kill you in a blink of an eye.' Hangeng bragged, causing Taemin to smirk. Minho blinked and nodded. His eyes went back to Kyuhyun. 'Haven't I seen you before?'

'Yeah on the beach. I was on a forced vacation.' Kyu huffed, giving his leader a dirty look. 'Now move aside so I can set up a proper working station.' He showed his disgust for the outdated computers of the police force and got out his laptop. He quickly cracked their code and accessed the info they had gathered. His frown deepened when he recognised the lifeguard as their goal.

'What's wrong?' Hangeng inquired.

'I know the guy.' Kyu answered briefly.

'Good, then I don't have to motivate you with more gadgets.' Hangeng smiled.

'Just get ready for the mission.' Kyu snarled, punching the keyboard frantically.

 

'How are his vitals?' The doctor asked.

'Still unstable.' The nurse answered. She looked up at her superior. 'I'm afraid we might lose this one.'

'No, he's stronger than he looks. With parents like that....' The doctor ruffled his hair. 'They forced him and I allowed it, just for money. Even if it's the last thing I'll do, I'll save this boy.' Determination strong within his voice.

The boy stirred in his slumber. A faint smile lacing his dry lips.

'That's it, Donghae. I hope you are having a nice dream. We'll get you back to the way you were, I'm sorry.' The doctor said before he quickly left the room, leaving an emotional nurse behind.