Chapter Fifteen

Dangerous Waves

'Hello?'

'Donghae? Top here, do you have time to talk?'

Hae dropped himself on his couch and nodded.

'You do realise you actually have to answer me, I bet you just nodded.' Top's voice playfully sounded out of Hae's phone.

Hae coughed. 'Right, yeah, I have time. What's up?'

'Me and some buddies of mine are going out tonight and since it's a saturday, I was wondering if you would like to join us?'

Hae chewed on his lip as he was thinking about it. He really couldn't spend too much money. It was nearing the end of the month and he had to be careful since he had paid Top himself, refusing money from Hyukjae. He was always on a budget but now it was tight.

'Come on!' Top had sensed his hesitation. 'They are really fun guys! It's just to talk and have a drink, nothing fancy!'

'Okay, count me in.' Hae said, figuring it was better than mope all evening about a certain redhead.

 

'Don't you have to flirt with some nurses at the hospital?' Hyuk was cranky as Junsu kept pulling on his blanket.

'I have the weekend off.'

'Go bother someone else.'

'Hyuk...'

'Su, seriously, I just want to go back to sleep.'

Junsu detected the shadows underneath his friend's eyes. 'All nighter?'

Hyuk just looked up.

Junsu bit his lip as he saw vulnerability. He gently shoved Hyuk a bit further and laid himself down next to him. He wrapped his arms around the boy.

'What's eating at you, Hyuk?'

'Nothing.' Hyuk avoided eye contact and he would never admit he loved feeling the warmth. It gave some comfort.

'Do you have a deadline?' Junsu asked.

Hyuk huffed. 'I always have enough, you know that.'

'Are they bugging you again about the publicity thing?'

'No, nothing like that.' Hyuk sighed.

'Is it Donghae?' Junsu suddenly asked.

Hyuk froze.

'I see.' Junsu quickly changed the subject and even was able to get a small smile out of his best friend. Thirty minutes later he was watching Hyuk sleep as he couldn't help but worry.

 

'Guys, this is Donghae!' Top grabbed Hae's arm and pulled him towards a table where two men were sitting.

'Hi, I'm GD!' He stretched out his hand and Hae hesitantly shook it, a bit intimidated by the aura the other was emitting. His eyes went from the intense eyes, to the weird haircut that left one side way longer than the other.

'Don't mind G, everyone always thinks he is some kind of gangster.' Top grinned.

Hae's eyes shifted to the quiet person next to GD. 'Hi, I'm Lee Donghae, nice to meet you, hyung' He said and bowed.

Jin's eyes softened as he watched the polite boy. He stood up and bowed back. ' I'm Choi Jinhyuk, please call me Jin.'

Hae smiled sweetly and nodded.

'Oh boy, aren't you a beam of sunshine.' GD smiled. 'I can see why Top likes you.'

Hae blushed causing the three others to melt.

'Top told us you were in an accident, are you alright?' Jin asked gently.

'Yeah, the bruises are almost all gone!' Hae said cheerfully.

Top grabbed Hae's shirt and lifted it to check.

Hae yelped and quickly pulled it down, feeling embarrassed. He failed to see Jin's intense gaze and slight blush.

'Top!' GD yelled. 'God, you just don't go lifting people's shirts in public!'

'I'm sorry, Donghae! I wasn't thinking!' Top apologised quickly.

'I-i-it's fine.' Hae stuttered.

'You have nothing to be embarrassed about anyway, right Jin?' GD teased as he had seen the latter's reaction.

Jin shyly rubbed the nape of his neck, trying to avoid any eye contact.

'Are you gay?' GD asked Hae as the boy took a sip of the cola he had ordered.

Hae swallowed quickly but still had to cough as some of it went into his windpipe.

'G!!!!!!' Top punched his friend.

'You don't have to answer that.' Jin said softly. 'I am by the way.'

Hae blinked confused at the man next to him.

'I fall for men, I mean.' Jin repeated as his eyes locked onto Hae's.

Hae frowned. 'I've only been on dates with girls.' He said but his mind got flooded with images of plump lips, the taste of strawberry and the manly smell of a certain surfer.

'Have you ever liked a guy?' Jin asked.

Hae's eyes saddened. 'I've been kissed by one but he hates me.'

'Did you enjoy it?' GD inquired.

'Guys, leave him be, you've only just met!' Top intruded.

'It's alright, Top.' Hae smiled. He turned to GD. 'Yeah, I did.'

'Then there is still hope for you.' GD said as he patted Jin on the shoulder.

Hae's eyes went from one to the other.

'He quite likes you.' GD explained. He started laughing as he got softly punched by both Top and Jin.

'You don't even know me.' Donghae said confused.

'Top couldn't shut up about you.' Jin confessed. 'Then I saw you dancing the other night and I had to meet you.'

Hae's cheeks coloured red as he remembered how tipsy he had been that night.

'I would love to take you out for the day tomorrow, if you would allow me.' Jin said softly as he gently grabbed Hae's hand while his thumb caressed it.

'I-I don't know.' Hae said. He got startled as his cell phone started vibrating. 'Excuse me.' He apologised, grabbed his phone and went outside.

 

'Who paid for that nurse?' Hyuk's voice shouted through the phone.

'Good evening to you as well, Hyukjae.' Hae said. He felt his heart rate increase. Hyuk always had that effect on him. Always shoved him out of balance. 'How did you get my number?'

'Don't give me that . Answer me.'

'I paid Top myself.'

'Why the would you do that?' Hyuk screamed.

'Cause I don't want to accept anything from you.' Hae screamed back.

'What is it with you? God, you are worse than a girl!' Hyuk cussed. 'Why the hell are you so difficult to deal with?'

'There is a perfect solution for that, Hyuk.'

'Hmmm?'

'Let's just not cross roads ever again!' Hae said. Suddenly his eyes were filled to the brim with tears.

It remained silent for a bit on the other side of the line then the beeping started indicating the surfer hung up.

Hae quickly wiped away a tear that had escaped his eyelashes, took a deep breath and went back inside.

'Anything important?' Top asked.

Hae shook his head.

'About tomorrow, please don't feel pressured, it's okay to decline.' Jin said.

Hae looked at the quiet and serious boy next to him and smiled. 'I think it's a good idea. Let's spend tomorrow together.'