Chapter Twenty One

Dangerous Waves

'Hae.'

'I'm fine.'

Kangin sighed.

'See?' Donghae smiled widely.

Kangin grabbed Hae's chin. 'Don't you ever give me a fake smile like that ever again!' He growled.

Hae looked down and nodded.

'What's going on here?' Wook asked as her returned with some beverages with Jin, Top and Gd.

'Not much, let's just dance.' Hae mumbled.

 

Yesung shoved a double shot of tequila Hyuk's way. Hyuk looked up and saw the understanding in his hyung's eyes. He grabbed the glass and finished it in one go. 'Thanks.' He muttered.

'Do you feel straighter?' Yesung inquired.

Junsu started coughing as some of the rum went down the wrong way.

'What?' Hyuk frowned.

'Well I can only hope you strayed just once.' Yesung said.

'Do you have a problem with gays?' Minho barked.

'Nope, but...'Yesung started.

'I'm not gay!' Hyuk yelled.

'You kind of slept with a guy.' Boa said while she tilted her head in confusion.

'And liked it.' IU added.

'One guy, one frigging guy, that means nothing! Min probably slept with dozens.'

'Well...' Minho grinned.

 

'How is work going?' Top asked Hae after they had danced some.

'Oh it's fine. My injuries are all healed now.'

'I'm happy for you. I thought I was close to my target but nope.' Gd sighed.

'Your target?' Hae inquired.

'Oh, he's a journalist. You didn't know?' Jin wondered.

'You work for a tabloid?' Wook asked eagerly.

Gd seemed offended. 'Hell no, I have some class. My life is devoted to the arts.'

Top rolled his eyes. 'He's after that painter, Minsu.'

Hae's eyes became absent.

'Donghae loves him.' Kangin smiled.

'Really?' Gd asked.

Hae nodded. 'I would love to meet such a genius. He must be so.....wonderful.'

'Well there is a rumour going around that he is in love.' Gd whispered.

'No one knows who he is, then how....' Jin frowned.

'Apparently he gave one of his paintings away. He never has done that before.' Gd stated.

Blood left Hae's face fast as he snapped his head up. 'What?'

'He rarely even sells his paintings anymore. The guy is filthy rich anyway. For him to part with one of his works just like that is suspicious.'

'D-d-do you know which painting it is?' Hae stuttered.

'Oh it's one of his latest, really a good one. It shows a retreating out stretched hand and...Hae? Are you okay?' Gd asked as he saw the lifeguard close his eyes and grab his temples.

'No worries.' Hae choked out. 'Must be the after burn from the booze.'

'So what is your next plan?' Jin asked the journalist.

'Oh I have bait ready. I knew Minsu was interested in a certain actress. I contacted her and let Minsu's manager know she would partake.' Gd smiled.

'You know his manager?' Top said in awe.

'Of course. Choi Minho does all the public relations for the painter.'

'Minho....isn't that one of those surfers?' Kangin frowned.

Hae wasn't even listening anymore as he couldn't tear his eyes away from a person approaching their table.)

'Hi guys.' Hyuk smiled.

Hae saw the unsteady gaze and bit his lip. The surfer clearly had too much to drink. He felt Kangin tense up and quickly placed his hand on the other's biceps to signal that this was okay.

'Hae, let's dance.' Hyuk slurred.

Minho and Yesung appeared next to their tipsy friend. 'Sorry if he's bothering you, we will take him with us.' Yesung said as he tried to drag Hyuk away.

'I-I'll be right back.' Hae stuttered as he ran for the bathroom. He entered it but was quickly dragged into one of the cubicles.

'Wha..'

'Shut up and listen, you punk.' Junsu's eyes never had looked that threatening. 'You hurt my best friend. You'll pay for that!'

A bitter chuckle escaped Hae's mouth. 'I did?'

Junsu locked his hand tightly around the lifeguard's neck. 'I have the knowledge to kill and revive you over and over again, don't play with me.'

A loud noise came from outside the door. Both were startled.

'Hae?' Hyuk's weak voice sounded.

Junsu opened the door and found Hyuk sitting on the floor. Hyuk only had eyes for Hae.

'Are you okay?' Junsu asked worriedly.

'Leave us alone, I need Hae.' Hyuk slurred.

'But.'

'Su...'

Junsu gritted his teeth, gave Donghae one more glare and left.

Hyuk lifted himself up and entered the cubicle. He locked it. The sound echoed within the empty bathroom.

'I'm glad we had .' Hyuk said bluntly.

Hae blushed furiously.

'But there is one problem.'

'Hmmm?'

'I'm not done with you yet.' Hyuk said huskily as he pushed Hae against the wall.

'W-wait, n-no.' Hae said faintly as he felt those soft lips along his neck.

'I'll teach you everything I know.' Hyuk said. He seemed serious, no hint of his previous drunkness.

Hae closed his eyes as he allowed the other to touch him for a few seconds. As soon as he felt a hand on his behind he snapped his eyes open. 'W-why?'

'Cause we are ing hot together.' Hyuk hissed.

'This isn't a good idea.' Hae said, close to tears.

'I don't care if you lo...like someone else, damn it. I don't care! You hear me!' Hyuk yelled. He slammed his lips onto Hae's, taking the boy by surprise. As soon as their lips met, Hyuk became desperate. He pushed Hae's lips open and his tongue slipped in between them. Shivers ran through Hae's body as pleasure took over. His hands went from trying to push the elder away to grabbing his shirt and pulling him even closer. They kissed ferociously, hungrily. Hyuk tasted salt and frowned. He pulled away and his heart clenched as he saw tears trickling down the younger's face. They both were panting harshly, staring at each other.

'We shouldn't do this.' Hae whispered and broke the eye contact.

'Why? Why you???? Damn it!' Hyuk screamed as he punched his fist right next to Hae's head against the wall.

Hae inhaled and looked up again. 'You really should just stay in your comfort zone and girls.'

'I whoever I want!' Hyuk yelled.

A cynical laugh left Hae's lips. 'Obviously.'

'What do you mean?'

'I'm no expert in all of this, as you know since you took my ity.' Hae said while blushing. 'But I've been told that is something empty. Good for the body but too much meaningless will eat at your soul!'

'Meaningless .' Hyuk choked out.

Hae fisted his hands, his nails dug into his palms. 'Yeah, what we had.'

Disbelief painted Hyuk's face. He harshly grabbed Hae by the shirt.

'Why are you so angry?' Hae cried some more.

'Why do you as a frigging newbie comment on like this? Meaningless? So it meant nothing when you were ing screaming my name from the top of your lungs? Everytime we kissed? When I was...deeply inside of you?'

Suddenly Hae felt he was getting really pissed off. Why was he being accused of being the cold one. He built up some courage and smiled through his tears. 'Well I can't compare yet, I'll let you know as soon as I let someone else me.'

The silence was overwhelming. Hyuk felt like bursting out of his skin. Everything hurt so much. 'Get out.' He whispered after a couple of seconds.

Hae frowned.

'Get...the......out of my sight.' Hyuk yelled as he pushed Hae out of the cubicle.