Chapter Twenty Two

Dangerous Waves

Hae stumbled out of the bathroom. He ran passed Junsu and into the main room of the club.

Junsu quickly went inside and found Hyuk hurling in the cubicle.

'Oh my god, what did he do to you?' Su mumbled as he kneeled next to his friend and rubbed his back.

'I'm alright.' Hyuk said, still panting.

'Yeah I can see that, tough guy. You are on the verge of throwing up.'

'The source of my nausea just left the room.' Hyuk stated.

'I see.'

Hyuk got up, walked up to the huge mirror and splashed some water on his face. His eyes met Su's through the mirror. Hyuk halfsmiled. 'I'm not going to let him ruin my evening.'

'That's my boy.' Junsu smiled.

 

As soon as Hyuk went back into the club, he went for the dancefloor. Within five seconds he unconsciously knew where Donghae was located within the place, at which table. Girls were dancing close to him. Their eyes all flirty. Hyuk smirked. He looked over his shoulder and met the lifeguard's intense stare. He pulled a girl flush against him, turned them both around and kissed her while his eyes stayed on Hae's face.

Hae felt like fainting. Somehow he wanted to be in the room he grew up in. In bed. With all of his plushies and his mother singing softly and his hair. He saw the surfer intensify the kiss. Hae tore his stare away and looked down.

'I need some air.' He mumbled to no one in particular as he got up and forced himself not to run out but slowly walk outside.

As soon as Hyuk saw Hae leave, he pushed the girl away. He had the urge to wipe his lips, to get rid of the taste and feeling of her. He knew that what he did was childish but something about the lifeguard brought out the worst in him.

In the meantime Minho had cornered Jin.

'What is Donghae to you?'

'That is private.' Jin answered Minho.

'Seriously, you don't want to piss me off right now.'

Jin sighed. 'Look, I'm interested in the boy, very interested.'

Minho tightened the hold on Jin's shirt.

'But right now we are just friends. Hae is vulnerable, I'm not going to take advantage of that.'

Minho narrowed his eyes, trying to see if the other spoke the truth or not.

'What is going on here?' Gd inquired.

The two man said nothing.

'O.....kay, well I'm G-dragon and you are?'

'Minho, Choi Minho.'

Gd's eyes widenend. 'No way!'

Minho let go of Jin and frowned.

'You are Minsu's manager, I'm Kwon Jiyong, G-dragon is just my nickname.'

Minho's eyes widened. 'The art critique?'

'Yeah, can I please interview Minsu?'

Minho sighed and shook his head.

Gd bit his lip. 'Can I interview you then?'

'Huh?'

'You can speak with your client and you can completely control the content.' Gd was desperate.

Jin smiled as he saw his friend's excitement. 'You can trust him on that.'

Minho looked from one to the other. 'I'll ask my client.'

 

'This is sooooo exciting!' Top exclaimed before he pushed a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

'Gd, are you coming out of there and will you watch it with us?' Jin yelled through the door that seperated them.

'No, I'm too nervous.'

'I'm sure you did great!' Donghae said, his eyes on the television, waiting for the interview to be broadcasted.

The commercials were done and then it started.

Both men looked calm and collected. Gd's questions were serious and interesting. They discussed the different periods of Minsu. How the famous painter went through various fases.

'The rumour is that Minsu is in love.' Gd stated.

Minho smiled. 'What makes people think that?'

'His latest work shows even more passion and desire.' Gd said.

Minho nodded. 'I have to agree with that. But I'll show you a couple of his most recent canvases.'

Hae leaned in. His breath was taken away as the painting showed a person wrapped up in sheets, various parts of the body uncovered. The face was not recognisable because of the person's hair falling in front of his eyes. It was so pure and emitted so much tenderness.

'Well I guess he went from passion to love.' Gd commented.

'Hmmm, guess again.' Minho said as he showed the second and last canvas. It was dark and made you feel torn. So much desperation. Tears welled up in Hae's eyes.

'Hey, are you okay?' Jin asked softly.

'Th-that is how I feel.' Hae whispered, his eyes still locked on the picture.

The interview was coming to an end. 'I have one more question.' Gd said. 'Is it true he gave one of his paintings away for free.'

Minho smiled professionly. 'His works are worth millions. Why would he do that?'

Gd nodded, well aware that the question wasn't really answered.

 

Hyuk was doing some grocery shopping as he bumped into someone. 'Oh, I'm so...' His words were caught in his throat when he saw it was Donghae, accompanied by Jin.

Hae froze up completely.

Jin bowed and apologised. He grabbed Hae's arm and dragged his further.

Just friends? My . Hyuk dropped what he had gathered and walked out of the store. He suddenly didn't feel like food anymore.

'Hae, are you ok?' Jin inquired.

Hae still didn't move and looked pale.

Jin sighed. 'Have you tried confessing?'

That woke the boy up out of his slumber. 'WHAT?'

'To that guy, have you tried telling him how you feel?' Jin repeated softly.

A healthy blush appeared on Donghae's face.

'Wh-why would I do that?' He stuttered.

'Because, my dear, as much as it hurts me, I have to admit that you are crazy, head over heels in love with that one.' Jin said in a friendly tone.