Chapter Forty Two

Dangerous Waves

'Why live? For crying out loud. Do you want me dead?' Minho whined.

Hyuk just grinned.

'Are you sure?' Hae whispered. His hand on Hyuk's knee. Hyuk just pecked his lips, earning protests from the stylist.

 

'As we have promised you, we have an exclusive interview here in our see-through studio in the middle of Seoul.' A famous MC exclaimed. 'The one conducting the interview will be Kwon Jiyong.'

'Thank you for the introduction.' Gd bowed. 'Some of you might remember I interviewed Choi Minho a couple of months ago, the manager of Minsu. Well today, I present to you; Minsu!'

Hyukjae appeared all stylish. Hae was in the room next door, drooling all over the tv screen as his boyfriend looked to die for. Cheers from the streets could be heard.

'Hi everybody, I'm Lee Hyukjae, better known as Minsu.' Hyuk spoke lazily, his deep voice vibrating into the mic.

'I think the first question in everybody's mind is: why lift the mystery?' Gd asked.

Hyuk smiled. 'I'll be honest. I planned on keeping Minsu hidden for life. He was the perfect cover to keep my freedom and peace of mind. My paintings show my all, I feel quite right now.' Hyuk rubbed his nape shyly, causing the audience to melt.

'You are so young, yet so talented, where do you get your inspiration from?'

'I've led a difficult life. Painting is my outlet, it kept me sane, sorta.' Hyuk grinned.

'I heard there is a cute story behind the choice of your artist's name.' Gd inquired.

'Well Choi Minho and Kim Junsu are my best friends, I just put their names together.'

Again the audience awwww'ed at that statement.

'You have refused every interview so far. Yet today you are here.' Gd stated.

'Yes. Something more important came into my life. More important than my freedom or my peace of mind.'

'Oh?' Gd said.

'I'm in love.' Hyuk confessed.

'How does that interfere with your professional life?'

'My love was threatened. He was taken away from me and he went along to protect me and my reputation.'

'He?' Gd emphasised.

The audience had become quiet.

'Yes, he. I'm in love with a guy. His parents have known he was gay for years. Last month they forced him to undergo shock therapy to cure him. He was given four shocks and barely got through it. He gave his consent because his parents had said they would otherwise alert the media and reveal me and my relationship with their son.' Hyuk spoke with passion. He faced the camera head on. 'Even if all of you, that are watching or listening, are against my love for this perfect boy, even if you start to hit me with sticks and stones, nothing will ever convince me that what I feel deep inside for that man, is wrong.'

Even Gd was speechless.

'Everyone that knows my art, knows my feelings, they have seen how I fought against it, struggled with m-myself and fell d-deeply when I thought it was one s-sided. And then I went through hell for ten days when he w-went m-missing.' All kinds of emotions flashed over Hyuk's face. He swallowed as he remembered what he had been through. Suddenly the audience gasped and he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder. He looked up and met the warm loving eyes of Hae.

'What are you doing here?' Hyuk panicked.

'Why should you be the only one risking everything?' Hae said softly then he looked straight into the camera. 'Hi everyone, I'm Lee Donghae and I love this stuttering fool.' He smiled.

 

Hangeng and his team had to both of them safely out the building. The streets surrounding the studio were filled with chaos. Hyuk and Hae were in their own world though, holding hands and following a cussing Kyu.

'I hate field work.' Kyu mumbled. 'And now I have to make it up to Minnie, again.'

'If the police would do their jobs properly, we wouldn't be needed.' Taemin sneered loud enough for Minho to hear.

'I surely need a holiday.' Henry sighed.

 

 

Minho looked completely flustered as he entered Hyuk's house. He shielded his eyes and shrieked as he caught the two lovers in a heavy make out session. 'Jesus, give it a break, will you?'

'Oh, hi Min, what's up?' Hyuk said, his eyes still on Hae's swollen lips.

'As predicted we lost some of our Korean fans.' Minho said.

Hyuk just shrugged and pecked Hae's lips again.

'But apparently lots of girls are infatuated with your story and foreigners are going crazy. Your worth has increased with more than 500%'

'Thanks for that boring information, Min. Please leave now so I can make love to my soon to be husband.'

Hae frowned. 'What?'

Hyuk pouted. 'You don't want to?'

Hae slapped him playfully. 'What kind of proposal is this? Can you get more unromantic?'

'So it's a no?' Hyuk looked fake hurt and grabbed his chest. 'Min, please end my misery, right here and now. Shoot me.'

Min just chuckled but quickly fled the house as he saw the passion in Hae's eyes.

Hae quickly had turned them around and pinned his lover to the wall. 'The only one that will make you reach heaven, is me.' He whispered seductively.

'Hae...' Hyuk breathed. 'My personal angel.'

'Yes.' Hae said.

'What?'

'Yes, let's surf through life together. We've mastered some killer waves together.' His love for the painter radiated from every pore.

'Hmmmm, talking about waves...' Hyuk took control again and made sure Hae screamed out his name several times that night.