Chapter Nineteen

Dangerous Waves

Hyuk woke up in the middle of the night. The first thing he saw was Hae's sleeping face lit up by the full moon. He felt his body react immediately but ignored it. He turned around, opened the drawer of the night stand and grabbed his sketch book and a pencil. His eyes scanned the innocent face in front of him and he started drawing. Those long eyelashes, the eyebrows, the cheeks and that sinful mouth. Hyuk's eyes made love to the sleeping features in front of him as his pencil softly brushed the paper in search of copying this perfection.

Hae sighed in his sleep and moved in closer. His head nuzzled against Hyuk's leg. Hae frowned and his eyes were fluttering. Hyuk quickly dropped the sketch book and lied down. Hae's eyes opened.

'Hyuk?'

'Hmmm?'

'Are you awake?' Hae closed his eyes again, his head still drowsy.

'No this is my answering machine, please leave a message after the beep. BEEP.' Hyuk smirked.

Hae frowned and sighed. 'I hate answering machines. But I think I really like you. Please call me back when you hear this.' Hae mumbled.

Hyuk stared at the boy in shock. Not because the idiot was still half asleep, but because of the warmth that his words had caused. He swallowed and took the boy into his arms. 'I kinda like you too.' He whispered. 'Now go back to sleep.' He kissed Hae's nose and couldn't help but grin widely.

 

Hae woke up as the sunlight got brighter. He smiled as he noticed he was all draped over Hyuk and that the surfer was holding his waist tightly. He felt so protected. Maybe it's normal to feel this way towards the one that is your first. Hae sighed and started to untangle himself from Hyuk. He'll probably hurt me and make fun of me but...Hae Hyuk's face...I can't hold back when it comes to him. He smiled to himself and quickly got up to make them some breakfast. His eyes widened as he felt a dull pain in his lower back. He grimaced and bit on his lip as he slowly dressed himself and went to the kitchen.

The eggs were making that delicious sound while they were getting ready in the pan, the toaster signaled the bread to be done and the juice was freshly squeezed. Suddenly the phone rang but Hae figured Hyuk would pick it up or it would go to voicemail.

'Hyukjae? Minho here, bet you are still lazing around. I got the number of that girl you so desperately wanted. And even I have to admit that she's quite hot. I expect to be rewarded since I pulled this off within a day! I'll see you later today, buddy.'

Hae almost dropped the plates as he was listening. His jaw tensed. All of a sudden he felt really dirty. He gently put one of the plates down on the table and threw the content of the other in the trash. He cleaned the kitchen and wrote a note. He grabbed his jacket and left.

 

Hyuk stretched himself and yawned. He turned around with a smile that changed into a frown as he realised Hae was out of his bed. And the spot was already cold. He grabbed his boxers and quickly inspected his house. On the kitchen table he found his cold breakfast. The frown deepened. Then something caught his eye. A note and an envelope. He opened the note:

Hyukjae,

Thanks for the . I feel I can chase after the man I want now.

My gratitude is expressed within the envelope.

Lee Donghae.

 

Hyuk stared at the note for a while. A bitter taste filled his mouth. He didn't realise he had bitten down his lip so harshly he had cut skin. His fingers were trembling when he opened the envelope. It was filled with money. The exact same amount that he had thrown at Hae after the bicycle incident. Hyuk fell to his knees and had a hard time breathing. He grabbed his phone and speed dialed Junsu.

'Hyuk?'

'Su...help.' He breathed as he grabbed his chest and his world turned black.

 

Hyuk slowly opened his eyes. He recognised his ceiling.

'Glad you finally are back.' Junsu spoke softly.

'What happened?'

'You tell me. You gave me a heart attack calling me with such a weak voice and begging for help. Then I arrive here to find you collapsed on the kitchen floor. Clenching onto a piece of paper I couldn't get out of your hand.'

Hyuk closed his eyes as he still felt the note. He made himself breath out slowly.

'As far as I can tell, you had a severe panic attack, Hyuk.' Junsu continued.

'Will I be fine?'

'You tell me. What caused this, what is on the note?'

Hyuk turned his head away from his friend to hide the sudden tears that threatened to fall as he handed over the note. He heard Junsu opening it and waited.

'Donghae.' Junsu whispered. 'He used you?' Disbelief lacing his voice.

Hyuk felt a tear run down and quickly swallowed. 'I guess so.' He said as cold as he could manage.

He felt his bed dipping and then there were warm, comforting arms around him as he cried his heart out.

When the sobbing died down, Hyuk finally was able to speak again. 'I-I think I m-might of have had a crush on h-him.' He hicupped.

'I know, sweety.' Junsu said as he wiped the tears away. 'I know.'

'I'm sorry I'm being such a crybaby.' Hyuk whispered.

Junsu lifted his chin. 'Hyuk, he was the first boy you were ever attracted to and slept with. It's a big deal, I get it.'

'It felt so good, Su. So damn perfect.'

'I never would have thought Donghae was this kind of guy.'

'Maybe I deserve it, I haven't actually been treating him good.' Hyuk choked out.

'But you were always honest, you never used him! I want to punch his lights out!' Junsu got up.

'Please, just stay with me for today.'  Hyuk was clinging onto his best friend and he still was when he finally fell asleep again.

 

'Min?'

'Junsu?'

'Hyuk collapsed. That lifeguard used him for .'

'What? No way.'

'Yeah. Can you drop everything and come over? He needs us. And you can provide some insight that I can't since I'm not into guys.'

'I'll be on my way...and Su?'

'Hmmm?'

'We'll get him passed this as well, don't worry.'

'Thanks, Min.'