Chapter Forty

Dangerous Waves

'I know Chullie insisted on dragging both of you along, but if you slow us down, I'll shoot you myself.' Hangeng threatened, eyeing Minho and Hyukjae who were being provided with earpieces by Kyuhyun.

'And if you mess my toys up, I'll do worse.' Kyu glared. Suddenly his phone rang and he quickly picked up. 'Minnie! No, I still have work to do. I'm sorry I won't be able to be with you today. Yeah, I miss you too, my bunny. I'll make it up to you.' Kyu was silent for a bit, gasped and turned slightly pink. 'Minnie, please, I-I'm not a-alone. I'll c-call you later on.' Kyu quickly turned his back to everyone and whispered 'Love you too.' before he ended the call, straightened his back and turned back around. His face was blank again. 'Where was I? Right, my toys, break them and I'll break you.' He hissed.

Henry got caught up in his wires and whined. 'I'm trapped again.'

Taemin rolled his eyes and quickly helped his team member untangle himself.

'Check 1 4 3' Henry said.

'All clear.' Hangeng confirmed.

'You sure they are professionals?' Hyuk whispered to Minho, wincing as they all send him a death glare.

'We can all hear you through your mic, you idiot.' Kyu snarled.

 

'I pinpointed the most probable private practice. The most suspicious fact is that there seems to be bodyguards all over the place.' Kyu's voice sounded through the earpieces.

'Be prepared for anything.' Hangeng whispered to his team. 'Taemin, protect Minho and Hyuk.'

'Hey, I had some training as well.' Minho protested.

Taemin's leg moved so fast, Minho had no time to blink before his back hit the ground. 'Great training, hyung.' Taemin smirked.

'Tae, stop fooling around.' Hangeng ordered.

'Shouldn't we have brought Junsu with us?' Hyuk asked.

'Why? Who is he?' Kyu asked.

'He's a med student. Actually we should have brought a doctor at least.'

'Oh don't worry, Henry had extensive medical training.' Hangeng said.

'What?' He looks fourteen damn it!' Hyuk growled.

Henry smiled gently.

 

They were ordered to stay back with a restless Taemin while they watched Hangeng going stealth together with Henry. Slowly they approached two of the four bodyguards they had spotted. The two men had no chance as they never saw it coming. A second later they were unconscious on the ground, Hangeng and Henry already moving to the other two guards. The process repeated itself. Hangeng signaled that the area was clear and Taemin dragged Hyuk and Minho with him. They entered the building. Minho stared with astonishment and admiration at the perfect teamwork. Kyu was leading them through the endless hallways while Hangeng and Henry checked every corner diligently.

They heard yelling further ahead and quickly hid.

'I don't care what the costs are, damn it. Do you realise who I am.' A man shouted.

'Sure, Mr. Lee. But I refuse to give the boy more shocks.' The doctor said calmly.

'But what if he isn't cured yet?' Mr. Lee continued.

'You'd rather have a plant as a son?' The doctor said angrily.

'I'm going to sue you for mal practice!'

'Go right ahead. You are completely inhumane! He's your flesh and blood. And you can keep your damn money!'

'I already lost my father to this illness, I'm not going to lose a son to it as well!' Mr. Lee screamed.

Hyuk had recognised the voice and had run up to the office. He heard Hangeng cuss but he had already entered the room.

Mr. Lee turned around and came eye to eye with an infuriated Hyukjae.

'You!' Mr. Lee shouted.

Hyuk just punched him hard in the face. 'What have you done to Hae? Where is he?' He yelled.

Mr. Lee grabbed his broken nose. 'You better leave right this instant or I'll reveal to everyone who and what you are!'

'What is that even supposed to mean?' Hyuk said.

'I'll tell the nation that you are their precious famous painter and that you are gay.' Mr. Lee smirked.

Hyuk widened his eyes. 'Oh my god.'

'I knew you would tone down after that, now leave, you filthy queer. And stay away from Donghae.'

'This is what you used against him, isn't it? This is why he left?? To protect me?' Hyuk couldn't help it, tears ran down his cheeks. 'Minho, get your over here.'

Minho appeared quickly.

'Give me that reporter's number. What's his name? Gd?.'

'Hyuk?'

'Do it!' Hyuk snarled.

Minho handed his phone to his best friend and watched him dial the number.

'Gd? This is Minsu. I'm using my manager's phone. I want to give you a full exclusive interview. You can reveal my identity and the fact that I'm utterly and completely in love with a guy. I'll contact you later on with the details to set it up.' Hyuk said, ending the call, leaving a shell shocked Gd behind.

'But...your career...' Mr. Lee uttered.

'What about it? You think I care about that? Do you realise how precious your son is? How hard working, how kind? He can reach the sky in whatever he chooses to do. And I will help him. I will be with him even if things get tough, if we get outcasted. I don't give a damn about my image. I'd rather live on the streets with him than in my villa without him. You dickhead! Stop clipping his wings!' Hyuk screamed. Then he turned to the doctor. 'Where is my Hae?'

'Sir...'

'Show me to him!' Hyuk yelled.

'Wow, he's kinda cool when he really gets fired up.' Kyu whispered through the earpieces.

The doctor quickly guided them to Donghae's room. He hesitated at the door though.

'What now?' Hyuk snarled.

'His condition...is not good.