Chapter Thirty Seven

Dangerous Waves

Hyuk had started packing cause he figured Hae could use the extra sleep. He wrote a note for every piece of clothing or item he put in the suitcase. Little lovely words, straight from his heart. Some he had to write all over again cause a tear had stained the ink. Overnight he had drawn a short story, he put it in there as well. He made an extra bag with the snacks Hae loved the most and his laptop with instructions on what to do if he messed the poor device up again. He went to the living room and grabbed a portable dvd player and Hae's favourite movies. He had to bite his lip when he saw Finding Nemo. He quickly stuck a note on it: 'Just like Nemo's dad, I'll never stop trying to have you by my side again.'

When he had gathered everything he put it near the front door and went back to his bedroom. Hae was all spread out on the bed, still knocked out. Hyuk seated himself next to him and began to rub his back.

Hae's nose wiggled.

Hyuk blew softly against it, making Hae open his eyes. 'Hyukkie...' He mumbled as he pulled his lover in for a kiss. It quickly became passionate. Hyuk had to grab both of Hae's hands to stop him before they went out of control.

'Baby, your taxi will be here in an hour.'

Hae frowned, still dazed from sleep and lust. Then it dawned on him. A tear rolled down. 'I don't want to leave.'

'I don't want you to leave either. I already packed your things, let's shower and have breakfast on the roof so we can watch the sunrise.' Hyuk said softly.

Hae bit his lip and could only nod.

 

They were hugging each other while the sky turned all kinds of colours.

'Don't you need to call Wookie and Kangin?' Hyuk asked.

'I'll call them during the cab ride.'

'Why can't I take you to the airport?' Hyuk pouted.

'Cause that would be too painful.' Hae mumbled while he rested his head against his boyfriend's shoulder.

Hyuk huffed. 'I don't think there is another level of painful out there.'

 

Time went too fast, soon the cab had arrived and Hae was clinging onto his Hyukkie.

Hyuk rubbed his back. 'As soon as you land, message me that you are alright. And send me the address of that Uni, I want to write you as well.'

'You have my email though.'

'Call me old fashioned. I'll use any channel available. If you see a pigeon, make sure to check if there isn't a message attached.' Hyuk started to tear up as well now.

They shared one more lingering kiss. Their eyes telling each other deeper things than words ever could.

 

The minute Hae got in the cab he texted Junsu and Minho to tell them to go to Hyuk's. He didn't trust his voice so he texted Wook and Kangin as well, telling them the same lies he had told Hyuk and that it would take a while before he could contact them. Then he took out the battery, he knew his parents would confiscate his phone anyway.

 

Kangin knocked hard on Hyuk's door. Junsu opened it.

'What the hell is going on?' Kangin yelled.

'We don't know.' Junsu said, nodding to Kangin and Wook to come in.

Kangin immediately toned down when he eyed the mess that was Hyuk.

'Hae has been weird since he met up with that teacher yesterday.' Wook said softly.

'Why did you let him go?' Junsu asked.

'How could I not. It's what he wants.' Hyuk sounded so defeated.

'I don't get that strict policy.' Kangin said.

'Probably so they could focus on their studies.' Junsu said.

Wook shook his head as he eyed Kangin. 'This is not like Hae at all.'

'I agree. He refused to move away to have some cheap evening classes cause he didn't want to be too far away from us.' Kangin said. 'Something is wrong.'

'Why would he move so far away when he has Hyuk?' Minho wondered.

'And for five years.' Junsu sighed.

'WHAT?!' Both Kangin and Wook yelled. They were really panicking now.

'He didn't tell you guys that?' Hyuk frowned.

'Hyuk, something is going on, Hae would never and I mean NEVER do this out of his own free will.' Kangin said worriedly.

'I bet it's his parents.' Wook whispered.

Hyuk's eyes bulged out. '! I should have known something was wrong.' He grabbed Junsu. 'What if they got to him and went for that shock therapy thing!' He screamed.

'I'll pull all my connections to find out who that doctor is.' Junsu said, his eyes filled with disgust.

'I'll put a couple of men on this as well.' Minho said while he got up and pulled out his phone.

'I'm such an idiot.' Hyuk scolded himself. 'All the signs were there damn it. He said he wanted freedom to tell me a minute later that he loved me. Oh my god.' Hyuk exclaimed.