Chapter Twenty

Dangerous Waves

Donghae arrived at the beach, his sunglasses firmly pressed upon his nose.

'Good morning!' Siwon yelled.

'Morning.' Hae answered.

Heechul took one look at his favourite lifeguard and frowned. 'Hae, inside, now.'

Donghae obeyed.

'Remove the glasses.' Heechul ordered.

'Hyung.'

'Now.'

Donghae removed them and looked to the ground.

Heechul grabbed his chin and sighed as he saw the red and puffy eyes. 'What happened? Who made you cry?'

Donghae buried his head against his friend's chest.

'Give me a name, I'll kill him.' Heechul hissed.

'N-no, it's my o-own fault. I begged him to sleep with me.' Hae confessed.

Heechul had to blink his surprise away. 'Hmmm?'

'And he did and it was...magical.' Hae whispered.

Heechul softly rubbed his back, encouraging the boy to continue.

'B-but in the morning I found out he had wanted to hook up with some girl.'

Heechul opened his mouth.

Hae lifted his head and tears were rolling down his cheeks. 'But hyung, I have no right to feel hurt, do I? I begged him, I threw myself at him. So why do I feel so dirty, used and betrayed?'

Heechul couldn't answer he just tried to comfort the boy.

 

'Hyuk, eat something.' Minho pleaded at the lump of sheets in the bed.

No answer.

'You need to eat, man. Don't make me call Junsu.'

Hyuk just kept staring out of the window, blocking all the rest out.

Minho placed the plate on the nightstand and crawled behind Hyuk in bed, he wrapped his arms around him. 'Tell me what you are thinking.'

'No one wants me.' Hyuk whispered.

'You know Su, Yeye, the girls and I love you to death.' Minho answered.

'My own parents ran away from me and they usually have to love their kids.'

'Your parents were in an awful accident, Hyuk, they didn't mean to die on you.' Minho sighed.

'I still hate them for leaving me.' Hyuk confessed softly.

'You were eight, it's normal to feel that way. But don't compare them to Donghae.'

'Hae...' Hyuk choked out. Tears welled up again and he wrapped himself even more in between the sheets.

 

'How is he?' Junsu asked.

Minho sighed into the phone. 'As expected, he talked about his parents.'

'I knew it, I knew he would fall into that hole again.' Junsu gritted his teeth.

'When is your shift over?' Minho asked.

'In an hour or two, when does yours start?'

'In three hours. They keep me updated on my cases through email and phone calls. But I think I have to show my face now and then before they take my badge away.'

'You are the best damn police investigator they have, they won't let you go.' Junsu snorted.

'Wow a compliment!'

'Yeah, remember it well, I only deal them out once in a decade.' Junsu smiled.

 

Donghae grabbed the drinks at the bar and brought them to his table.

'You'll have to tell us what is up at some point.' Kangin said before he took a big sip of his beer.

'Oh please, I know Heechul hyung has informed both of you right after I told him everything.'

Wook looked down and smiled weakly. 'We'd like to hear it from you though.'

'I-I can't say it again now. I just want to forget about everything.' Hae pleaded.

His friends looked at each other before they turned back to Hae and nodded.

'Donghae?' A voice came from behind them.

Hae turned around. 'Jin!'

Jin frowned as he scanned the pale face. 'Are you ok?'

'Not really.' Hae smiled softly.

'Wook, let's go to the bathroom.' Kangin said bluntly.

Wook rolled his eyes but obeyed, leaving the two men alone.

'Want to talk about it?' Jin asked as he sat himself down next to the boy.

'N-no.'

Jin looked at the other's slumped body and pulled him in a hug. 'He hurt you didn't he?'

'W-what do you mean?'

'That one guy.' Jin said.

Hae avoided eye contact.

'Hey.' Jin said softly as he grabbed Hae's chin. 'I won't harrass you with my advances until you are ready for them. Right now you just need a good friend. Can I be that?'

Hae looked up in surprise. 'You are amazing.' He whispered.

Jin's features softened. 'I can be anything you need, Donghae. I'm happy as long as you allow me near you.' He pulled him in another hug.