Chapter One

Dangerous Waves

Hae was riding his bike like every morning. He loved the wind in his hair and the sound of the sea. He smiled as he was speeding up, enjoying the sense of freedom. Suddenly a car turned right in front of Hae. He had to slam down on his brakes. His bike stopped an inch away from the car that just drove on. Hae's heart was beating fast as he watched a redhead, oblivious of what he almost caused, speeding away in his open top mercedes. Hae noticed the surfboard on the backseat. It was covered with  pictures of monkeys.

 

'Hey Siwon!' Hae greeted his coworker.

Siwon lifted three fingers and waved. He was quite the snob but Hae knew deep down he was a good guy. They worked together this entire summer and it went well so far.

'What do we have today?' Hae asked to start a conversation.

'Ugh, the usual.' Siwon sighed.

'No hot babes huh.' Hae smiled.

'No hot guys for you either, fish, at least you got me to look at.' Siwon lifted his eyebrows a couple of times.

Hae giggled. Siwon knew he was gay and after an awkward couple of hours he had accepted it and sometimes even joked about it.

 

Kyu hated everything. The sun, the sand, the sea, everything! His boss had forced him to take a vacation and wanted proof (timestamped pictures). That's why Cho Kyuhyun, genius computer expert was struggling with a chair, two bags and a special umbrella. Right before he was at his desired location he tripped over a toy bucket and fell flat on his face.

Siwon started laughing at the sight while Hae came running.

'Sir are you okay?' He tried to help the coughing man up.

'Do I *cough* look okay *cough* to you?' Kyu choked out. His eyes landed on some delicious abs and they slowly went up to the soft, smiling face of the lifeguard. He was speechless.

'I'll help you and then I'll clean that wound for you, sir.' Hae said and started lifting Kyu's stuff.

Kyu quickly gave direction while walking behind the boy, his eyes glued to his .

Hae quickly set up the umbrella and the chair. 'Wait here, I'll get the first aid kit.' And off he went.

Kyu finally was able to breathe normally. Maybe this vacation was just what he needed. He his lips.

'You look like a shark that just smelled fresh blood.' A voice came from his right. Kyu quickly tore his eyes away from Hae's jogging back and turned his head. He blinked a couple of times, wondering if he had hit his head earlier. Next to him sat a guy in a pink hawaiian shirt and orange swimming trunks. His hat was a vile looking green.

'Hi, I'm Sungmin.'

'And I'm not interested.'

Sungmin chuckled. 'Ok, ok, I'll talk to you after the hot guy leaves.' He leaned back.

Hae came running back and kneeled in front of Kyu. Softly he desinfected the wound. Kyu's eyes were all over the gorgeous body of the boy in front of him, he was glad he could hide behind his sunglasses. Hae finished his work with a bandaid. Kyu's eyebrow cocked up as he noticed the little Nemo on it.

'Sorry, we usually treat children.' Hae shyly rubbed the nape of his neck.

Kyu heard someone cackling next to him and shot the fashion disaster a death glare.

Hae bowed and left a drooling Kyu behind.

'He's here everyday from 10 till 5.' Sungmin declared.

'Shut up.'

Another chuckle.

Kyu ignored his neighbour and started to pour massive amounts of lotion on his face.

 

Hyukjae pulled his shirt over his head and grinned as he felt the sun caressing his skin. The waves looked promising. He tossed his sunglasses in his car and grabbed his board. He ran up to the sea and inhaled deeply. He immediately jumped in and started peddling deeper and deeper inwards the sea. He waited for the right wave and jumped up on his board. With perfect balance and lots of skill he rode the wave.

'Whoa! Cool surfer at one o'clock.' Siwon yelled to Donghae.

Hae turned his head and saw a guy moving gracefully over the waves. He then turned his attention back to a group of kids that were playing in the water.

Hyuk was waiting for another wave, he was doing pull ups on his board. This was life! Glorious weather, not too many people and peace. Hyuk smiled.

Hae's gaze was drawn to his right and he saw the surfer making weird movements. Was he in trouble? He looked back at Siwon who was sternly warning some kids not to go too deep. Another set of weird movements came from the surfer. Hae started running towards him in full speed. He slid through the water and dragged the surfer off his board. He held him against his bare chest and swam quickly to the shore where he was pushed harshly.

'What the hell are you doing, man?' the surfer screamed.

'Saving you?' Hae panted.

'I was not in trouble, you idiot!' Hyuk grabbed his board that was pushed to the shore by a wave.

'Oh, I'm sorry, you were moving weirdly and I panicked.'

'Splendid work, moron.' Hyuk muttered as he shook his head to get most of the water out of his hair.

Hae noticed the red hair and his eyes flew to the board...monkeys. He tensed up and without thinking he hit the guy right on the nose.

'No need to be rude, mister and learn how to drive safely!' Hae yelled, turning around, leaving the surfer with a bloody nose on the ground.

'I'm so suing you!'

'My name is Lee Donghae, remember it correctly.' Hae screamed back.