Chapter Two

Dangerous Waves

Hyuk quickly got up and ran after the lifeguard. He pulled the guy to a stop.

'Seriously, I'll make you lose your job!' Hyuk screamed.

Siwon came running. 'Is there a problem, sir?'

'There sure is! This dimwit here hit me!' Hyukjae shouted.

Hae bit his lip. He didn't dare to look up at Siwon.

'I see...well...I didn't see it happening, sir and my colleague here is a very calm and collected human being.' Siwon smiled sweetly.

Hae's face shot up. He couldn't believe Siwon was covering for him.

'WHAT? My nose is frigging bleeding! That is proof enough!' Hyuk was beyond himself. He looked around and spotted Kyu and Sungmin. 'Hey you two, you must have seen it!'

'I saw nothing.' Kyu winked at Hae.

Sungmin rolled his eyes. Screw subtlety I guess. He smirked. 'I saw it.' He said calmly. Oh the faces of the other's were priceless. Hae looked guilty, Siwon grumpy, Kyu was clearly panicking and Hyuk hopeful.

'Will you testify to the police?' Hyuk asked greedily.

'Sure, but why the police?' Sungmin faked surprise.

'Cause I'm reporting him of course. A guy with his flawed personality shouldn't be a lifeguard! Violence has no place here!'

Sungmin acted very confused. 'Violence? What are you talking about, sir? I saw him save your life!' He bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from snorting out.

All eight eyes widened.

'I guess that is settled then.' Siwon was the first to find his cool again.

Hyuk growled and stormed off.

Hae bowed to the two men. 'Thank you so much, I really need this job.'

'You are welcome.' Sungmin smiled.

'If I can repay you, just call on me.' Hae said and turned around.

'You walking around is a big enough reward.' Kyu whispered. He turned red as he heard Sungmin chuckle.

'I'm Cho Kyuhyun, Sungmin, was it?'

The guy nodded. 'Nice to meet you Kyu!'

 

Hyuk couldn't believe the corruption of people nowadays. They all clearly had seen what happened yet they lied! But above all Hyuk was persistent and he would make that lifeguard pay. He etched the name Lee Donghae in his memory.

 

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Hae was closing down the lifeguard stand. Siwon already had left an hour before with a 'hot date'. Hae smiled. He loved this time of day. He would meet up with Kangin and Wookie at their favourite bar.

'Ahhh my little fish, give me a hug I already got you a cocktail.' Kangin shouted. Hae hugged both his friends.

'Wookie was just telling me about his now ex-girlfriend.' Kangin laughed.

'Hey Wook, how much did you drink?' Hae smiled. He loved his easy going friends.

'Not enough, not enough my friend.'

'Oh come on Wook, one lousy date didn't make her a gf anyway!' Kangin said. 'Let's just get wasted together!'

'I can't.' Hae said. 'I have to work tomorrow.'

'You and work work work.' Wook pouted.

'But you guys go ahead, I'll drive you guys home in your car, Kangin.' Hae said.

And so the two others started their drinking spree. 

'Hae baby, let's dance!' Kangin pulled his friend to the dance floor.

'Ooooohhh shake it, YEAH!' Wook screamed and bumped into a dancer behind him. 'Oops, sorry!'

The guy was holding a beer in his hand and turned around to apologise as well but his eyes met Hae's. 'You!' Hyuk yelled.

Hae paled. 'Guys, let's go.'

'Oh, you are cute!'  Wookie pinched Hyuk's cheeks to Hae's horror.

'Let's go!' Hae tried again.

Kangin slammed his hand a bit too hard on Hae's back, making him crash into Hyuk. The beer spat over both of them as Hyuk fell on the floor with the unfortunate lifeguard on top.

Wookie started laughing hysterically.

'Ha, fish, this is the first time I see you top!' Kangin blurted out sending another wave of laughter through Wookie.

Hyuk quickly made them switch positions and pinned Hae to the floor.

'Gotcha.' Hyuk said, an evil smirk appearing on his handsome face.