The Meeting #1

That Girl, Which Boy?

A person's tipping point is like their final straw. Everyone had their own individual fuse and it would have been hard to not see Huiling as weak. A fearful Suho watched over her that night, tucking her under the covers as she slept on an empty sofa out in the living area. Had you been angry with her? Of course. Did you think she was stupid? Definitely. But was it your place to say anything? Never.

It was sad that for Huiling, the build up of not feeling wanted around the dorm as well as the regret for not doing anything to help Lay when he needed it most had built up. Together, with the fact that Lay didn't like her and had more or less, in a less cruel sense, been playing her along, Huiling felt little more than worthless. And she wasn't the only one feeling shaken up. Lay had been furious and frantic when Suho called him to calmly explain what had happened. When Lay said he'd come down to the pool, his elder had stopped him.

'Not a good idea, Lay.'

It made him feel like it was all his fault. That his heartlessness could have killed someone. So he sought out the only way he knew he'd be able to calm himself down with, grabbing his now slightly dusty guitar, climbing out of his window and disappearing into the night.

 

Chanyeol and Chen sat awake on the balcony and watched their friend escape, sighing.

'He's still running away like this?'

'Old habits die hard.'

They were reminiscent as the following day was D-day. Luhan had asked Ah Ri if she was willing to pose as Chanyeol's girlfriend and not let you know what she was up to. She oblidged willingly, having come to like Luhan a little and wanting to do him a favour.

Chanyeol's suit hung up in his wardrobe, cleaned and pressed under Jiyoung's orders. Chen's suit had also been steam pressed and Jiyoung had been so worried that together with Chihiro, she bought them new dress shirts. Then of course, Sehun got jealous and Chihiro then pointed out that Sehun had given you a cherry blossom hair clip when you were in Japan and although he quickly shut up about it, he grinned at the thought that even back then, Chihiro had been watched him.

'What if-'

'Chen, there aren't any what ifs.'

'But what if-'

'No.' Chanyeol was stubborn, 'this is going to work.'

Chen shook his head as he ran his fingers through his hair. 'Chan... I really like her.'

'I know you do.'

'Like I love her. I ing love her.'

'I know.'

'So what if-'

Chanyeol gripped Chen's hand and it was the first time he had seen his friend so serious.

'Either way, I'm not marrying Seohee. I'm not going to let that happen.'

'Chanyeol, what if this doesn't work? Just what if?'

'Then it's over- for both you and me.'

'You? With Haneul, you mean?'

It didn't surprise Chanyeol that Chen knew about his feelings and he nodded, shrugging.

'I've decided I'm not going down without a fair fight.'

Chen laughed, 'it's good to see you've finally pulled your finger out of your arse, Park Chanyeol,' and Chanyeol chuckled knowing it was true. 

 

***

 

The next morning as you slept, Chanyeol and Chen woke up early to get suited and booted. Luhan had been sleeping in your room and hearing the quiet knock, he leant over and opened the door. 

'Hyung, we're ready,' Chen said, gulping and adjusting his collar. 

Walking out of the building, Jiyoung was waiting in a car and everyone clambered in. They drove to the condo block where Ah Ri and Maddie were staying and as promised, Ah Ri was sitting outside on a bench in an outfit that Luhan had picked for her. It was a co-ordinated set he had seen on a mannequin in a store down in Hongdae and as he passed it, he knew he had to get it. Admittedly he'd had a bit of trouble deciding which size to buy but the Medium size fit wonderfully on Ah Ri's slender physique. For her outerwear, he had managed to steal a loose white blazer from the drama department's closet. 

She was making it obvious that she was nervous as she kept patting her hair and clothes to make sure there weren't any creases and she furiously checked the mirror she held in her shaking hands. As she sat in the car squished between Luhan and Chanyeol, Chen who sat in the front seat beside Jiyoung smiled at her.

'Don't be nervous. It'll be okay.'

'What if I mess up?'

Luhan rubbed her shoulder gently and pushed her hair behind her ear to show off the earrings Jiyoung had given her to wear. 

'With this outfit, I don't think you'll mess up.'

'But I might-'

Chanyeol also turned to her and smiled kindly to try and calm her nerves. 

'I really appreciate you doing this for us. And don't worry, we'll do well.'

Jiyoung looked at her through the rear view mirror of the car.

'If all else fails, squeeze Chanyeol's hand. Our parents know you're bound to be nervous but try to look them in the eye. If you can't, look at Chanyeol. It'll be more convincing if you keep using him as your sort of safe home.' 

Ah Ri chuckled, 'I'm pretty sure I'll be looking at Chanyeol the entire time.' 

For the duration of the rest of the car journey, no one spoke. The only noise came from Chen's phone as he texted his girlfriend who had already arrived and was waiting in the lobby of the office building. Pulling up outside, Jiyoung put on her sunglasses, turned off the engine and got out. Chanyeol followed and she adjusted his collar a little, smiling proudly at her younger brother. Once Chanyeol had climbed out of the car, Luhan held Ah Ri's shoulders and looked at her in the eyes.

'You'll be fine, trust me. You can do this.'

'I don't want to let you all down.' 

'You won't.'

 

 

 


Part one of the marriage meeting. I know it came round fast but hey, we wanna keep this story interesting! Part one is short since part two is going to be full of speech etc. I hope you're looking forward to how it goes! 

Last chapter was a surprise to you guys, I know, and I apologise for the complete lack of Chanyeol x Haneul fluff. Gonna have to make it up to you, right? Also, can I just say how lovely it was to read all your comments. The long ones written by you guys talking about your thoughts on Huiling's actions were really interesting to read. It's just so cool to see how you guys are reacting to what is probably one of the most frustrating and confusing characters ever. I mean, can you hate someone who's has a rough time? Okay, I'm rambling but yeah, all I wanted to say was that it was amazing to see what you guys thought and what your reactions were ^^