Music Solves Everything

That Girl, Which Boy?

You squirmed in your seat. The atmosphere was dense. Luhan couldn't bear it and hit the volume of the radio up higher and higher as if he was trying to drown out the silence. This irritated the usually rational Suho who abruptly hit the mute button of the car stereo and the two had a stare down, earning sighs from D.O who was sat in between you and Kai.

Kai was quiet- almost deathly quiet. His hands shook and he had lost the gorgeous glow of his. His collarbones stuck out too far and his shirt clung to him, highlighting his ribs. He looked thin. He looked like he was about to crack. 

Lay was better. He sat next to you and when the drama over the car radio was over, he handed you an earphone and you listened to his iPod with him. He hadn't chosen any particular song and just let his music run on shuffle. There was the odd Chinese song, piano concerto and acoustic covers of famous songs. At one point, the music turned off and Lay frantically tried to turn his iPod on. It said that the battery was drained and that it needed to be connected to a charger. Lay sighed and mouthed a quick 'mianhae'. You shook your head to tell him it was okay and handed back the earphone. After that, the aura was awkward again. 

You couldn't wait to get out of the car. 

 

As you pulled up in front of the university, Kris was the first to jump out. He noticed you get out moodily and cupped your face. 

'Cheer up, ne? It'll be okay'

You nodded. 'If you say so'

'Don't you trust me?'

'I do... But-'

'No buts. Be positive and Kai will be too.'

You opened your mouth to say something but your words failed you. You simply nodded again and ran up the stairs to the dorm, two at a time. You let yourself in and ran to your room.

'Haneul!'

'Hey!'

'Hey, Haneul!'

'Princess Hana Banana! Where are y-... What's wrong with her?'

Kris walked in after you followed by Kai, Lay, D.O, Luhan and Suho. Kai fled to his room and when D.O tried to open the door, he found that the entrance had been barred by a chair from the inside. He gave up and sat down beside Baekhyun. 

'Can I borrow a jumper for now?' he sighed sadly.

Baekhyun nodded. 'Come and pick one'

Kris took Lay to their room to check on his bandages and Luhan went off to his room too. Xiumin followed him. Suho also went to his respected room and Sehun found himself following his hyung too. The only people left outside were Chanyeol, Chen and Tao. Chen groaned. 

'I guess nothing's going to go right today... I'm going to pop out and get some food for us all'

Tao bit his lip. 'I'm going to check on Kris and Lay'

Chanyeol didn't bat an eyelid. He was far too busy thinking about other things. The two other boys got up from the sofa and left. Once the coast was clear, Chanyeol stood up and walked towards your room door. He placed a cup on the wall, trying to listen in. Are you crying? He put the cup down on the table and gently opened the door. You were lying on the floor with your eyes closed and your feet resting up on your bed. Your shirt had ridden up and little showing off a little flash of your toned stomach. Chanyeol averted his eyes and instead lay down beside you, making sure to shut the door behind him. Respect, Chanyeol. This is Haneul. Respect her. You had your earphones in so you hadn't heard him settle beside you but as you felt Chanyeol's fingers brush against your palm, you turned and found him lying next to you, eyes closed too. You wanted to smile but instead you placed one of your headphones into his ear, taking care when you pushed it into place. Your favorite song was playing and you wanted to share that with him.

Chanyeol smiled and opened his eyes, turning his head to face you. He took a deep breath in and exhaled. He wanted to savour this moment. He wanted to take photos with his mind, remember every little feeling he felt as he lay there, beside you. Beside you is where I should always be. Your thick eyelashes rested on your skin and your chest lifted and fell with every breath you took. Chanyeol was still looking at you when the song ended. You flicked your eyes open to see him looking at you. He smiled but all you could do was look. No emotion crossed your face. Your eyes were glassy and Chanyeol frowned. A new song began to play, also by Jerry K. You shut your eyes again, turning your head once more to face the ceiling. Chanyeol reached forwards, wanting to turn your face to him again but he couldn't bring himself to touch you. He wanted to but he couldn't. There was just something about that made you so untouchable when you were sharing an intimate moment together. Sacred. That's what you are. Pure. Beautiful. You.

Instead, Chanyeol moved himself up and stretched his arm out so it was above your head. He wanted to look open and inviting so you would know and hopefully realise that you held a place in Chanyeol's heart. He shut his eyes and you turned your head to take a look at him. You saw his outstretched arm and moved closer, unsure of whether or not to accept this. What if you were wrong? What if Chanyeol was really just stretching and not trying to tell you that you could move closer towards him? 

Chanyeol opened his eye slightly and saw you pouting, taking unsure and quick glances from him to his arm and then back to him again. He had to stop himself from stifling a laugh and instead began to curl his arm, guiding you closer. He manouvred his foot to kick the duvet from your bed onto the floor on top of the two of you and he pulled you in close, your head resting on his arm. He knew he'd end up with pins and needles in that arm but at that moment, he couldn't care less. He wrapped the blanket around you better and curled his arm even more, pulling you closer and closer. You found yourself tucked up right next to Chanyeol and only then did you notice the smell of his cologne- the one you loved. Chanyeol opened his eyes just in time to see you smile for the first time in days.

 

 

 



some much needed fluff to make up for my inactivity. This chapted is short... I aplogise. I've been drowning in my Chanyeol feels so it was a very yeollie based chapter. Sorry if you didn't like it :( Did you like the music? I got a lot of messages from you guys saying you liked the 'Loving You' by Heenain so I'm glad you enjoy my music taste ^^ 

NOW who do you ship eh? comment comment comment!

 

and happy belated thanksgiving! Here in the UK, we don't have it but since I know that a lot of my subbies are from the US, I just want to voice my gratitude to you all for subcribing and supporting and just being lovely lovely lovely people!