Figures From The Past

That Girl, Which Boy?

You arrived back at the dorm early in the morning. Hyun-Ki had paid for a taxi and you were shuffling around in your room looking for photo frames to put your new photos in. After trying and failing, you went into Kai's desk and took out a lump of blue tack. 

'Guess I'm gonna have to use you...' 

You began to carefully stick the photos on the wall. Some of them made you laugh, others smile and a few rarer ones made you tear up. Some were photos you had never seen before and there were quite a few of your brother and your cousin's crazy party hard weekends out together at university. You chuckled at those. There was one of your brother with pen on his forehead saying '#singlepringle'. You're such a bad role model but at least you had fun.

You found more hidden gems, like letters and pictures that you had drawn with Hyun-Ki as a kid. There were old sweet wrapper that you remembered as being your ultimate treat when you were younger and there was a collection of scented stickers that you distinctly remembered collecting with Hyun-Ki. You'd go into every 7-Eleven, hoping that your parents would buy something and you would get your free sticker. You lifted the plastic protector on the stickers and smelt them, breathing in the cotton candy and cherry perfume from them. 

'I'll just stick the photos up and keep the rest in the box' you murmered to yourself.

You carried on tacking the backs of photos until you heard a creak and someone shuffling outside, obviously trying to be quiet. You put down the box onto your bed and carefully tiptoed to the door. Peering out, you saw someone with their back turned away from you in the kitchen, drinking a glass a water. You silently moved towards them. He put the glass down inside the sink, put on a pair of gloves and oh so slowly and quietly, began to wash it. By the time he had finished, you were standing right behind him. You looked at his shirt and knew exactly who it was.

 

'Lay?'

'Hiya Haneul'

'Where did you go?...'

'Just... Out...'

'Out at 6 in the morning? Wait... Did you not sleep here?'

Lay shook his head slowly. 'I left this morning'

'It's 6... What time did you leave?'

Lay didn't reply.

'Where did you go then?' you said, crossing your arms and narrowing your eyes. 'Hmm?'

'Don't tell the others, please'

'What exactly were you doing?'

'I... I got in a fight...'

'A what?! At this ludicrous hour?!' you shrieked

'Shhhh!' Lay ran to you and placed his hand over your mouth. 'I'll explain in here'

You were dragged into your bedroom and Lay didn't let go of you until the door was firmly closed. 

 

'You. Spill. Now' you said through gritted teeth.

Lay sat on the floor and you sat on your bed, glaring down at him. 

'Haneul, you look scary like that. Show me a pretty face, come on.'

'Lay...' you said sternly, waiting for him to begin.

'Fine, fine.... How can I say it in a way you'd understand?'

'Just talk. I'll get it eventually' you replied.

Lay lowered his voice. 

 

'You know what's happened to me before, right?'

'Yeah...' you said uncertainly

'The guys? The ones from my school before Park Sunsengnim's?'

'...Yeah...'

'They're at our university'

Lay started to shake a little. 

'Haneul-ah, I'm scared'

You moved to sit on the floor in front of him, letting the box of photos topple onto the floor. The photo of you and Aaron faced upwards. You quickly grabbed it to make sure Lay didn't see it.

'They came after me yesterday when we finished playing football outside and they told me to come out this morning'

'And you did?'

Lay nodded.

'Why would you do that?'

'They said they'd hurt you guys as well'

'Surely everyone can fend for themselves though, Lay. That's not a reason for you to volunteer yourself as a punchbag to those idiots'

Lay sighed, taking your hand in his. 

'It's not the guys I'm worried for.'

'It's me?'

He nodded. Come on Haneul, can't you see how much you mean to me? Holding his hand, you smiled.

'Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine'

 

 

 


Wow, you lot are all so pessimistic! You keep thinking Hyun-Ki will turn bad! HAHAHA, did I really make him seem so horrible in the last story? XD What are your thoughts on this chapter? ^^ It's for all you Lay shippers teehee <3

OH and now you've got one DEFINITE love interest!! The others should become more obvious later ^^ (Oh and they've changed from the prequel...)