The Show #1

That Girl, Which Boy?

As you stood in front of the mirror ruffling your hair, you sighed. After having a shower, you had walked out to find that almost everyone had already left to grab the best seats. Consequently, it was only you and Chanyeol left in the dorm and so you had walked to the auditorium together where the show was going to be held.

' I'm just going to the bathroom, Yeol' 

' Do you want me to wait for you? I'm sure the others would have saved us some seats' 

'It's alright, you don't have to. I'll catch up to you in just a moment.' 

And this was where you were now- standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, fixing up your hair. You noticed a few girls, dressed in costume, coming in and fighting over mirror space so you moved away. You guessed they were either dancers or actresses in the show.

'Yah, yah, yah! Did you hear?! Seohee's having a panic attack' 

'Don't exaggerate, Chaerin-ah' 

'It's true, Seulmi-ah, I spoke to her and she said it was because she hasn't performed or sung in Korean for a while' 

'Ah right! Because she's the Berklee transfer student, right?'

'Yeah. She was only in the US for a few years though so she shouldn't be that bad... I mean, she won't have a funny accent. She was from Seoul after all' 

'That's what I told her but... Okay, listen. You didn't head this from me, alright?' 

The girls nodded their heads. Your ears pricked up. It was as if they wanted to listen and so subconciously opened up wider.

'... I heard that tonight, there's going to be a talent scout for an entertainment company!' 

'What?! Really? Omo, do you think it will be someone like YG?' 

'Pabo, YG don't scout often. It'll probably be someone like SM' 

'It might just be a small company... Are you sure there's someone coming?' 

The girl nodded. 'Yeah! Ssaem was talking about it with another professor earlier. She thinks Ahn Taejoon will get taken up on it' 

'Waeyo?' 

'Just think! He's good looking and when I last heard him singing, he was amazing. Plus he can rap in perfect English and play the guitar too. He's exactly what they want for an idol!' 

'He's only half Korean though' 

'And? Tia and Melanie from Chocolat are half Korean and that doesn't stop them from being idols' 

'Mmm... That's true' 

You smiled and left the bathroom. You had heard enough for one night.

 

***

 

You sidled your way into the seat between Chanyeol and D.O. I wonder what Taejoon would do if he was scouted... Would he go? He came to Korea for me but... Would he go? Chanyeol and D.O both passed you their programs and you giggled, taking D.O's. Chanyeol huffed and went back to flicking through his himself. I wonder what he'd do if he was scouted. He would be an idol but it's a hard life and I don't think being a celebrity is very... Taejoon. You turned the cover of the program. 

 

 

Singers:

Im Seohee- Falling in Love

Ahn Taejoon- White Night

Park Jinri- Moves Like Jagger

Kim Miyoung- Gee (acoustic)

The Taxi's- Juliette 

 

Dance Acts:

ABC-Dance Group

HAJIMA

 

Drama Act:

Freshmen Drama Students- Jang Seulmi, Yoon Jaesung, Choi Gaeri, Kwak Chaerin, Ryu Hyun

 

Backstage Team:

Yang Jihoo

Oh Sehun

Park Woohyun

Park Jisun

Kim Yiseul

Dan Byul

 

Please note: last minute singers will be able to perform as long as 30 minutes notice is given before curtain up at 8pm. We will not permit last miute dance or acting groups to perform. 

 

A voiceover was played through the speakers.

'Ladies and gentlemen, the show will commence in 2 minutes. Please take your seats and enjoy the show!' 

You tucked the program underneath your chair. Tao leaned over to you. 

'Do you think I have enough time to buy a drink? I'm thirsty' he whined.

Kris sighed and Xiumin took out a can of Coke and passed it to the whingy boy. 'Here, drink this and be quiet. The show's about to start, pabo!' 

You glanced at D.O who smiled at you and laughed a little. The lights dimmed and you sat up in your chair a little. D.O placed his hand on your  shoulder and gently whispered into your ear. 'Don't go too far. The people behind will get angry if you block their view' 

You nodded slowly and shrank down a little. You could see D.O smiling slightly beside you from the corner of your eye. His eyes were focused on the stage and as the lights flashed, his eyes sparkled. Ah, I remember when I fell for you. The mysterious boy I was scared of displeasing. Distant but not cold. It took us time to get closer but now look at us. We've dropped the honorifics. You blushed slightly and took your palms to your cheeks to calm down the redness. Chanyeol glanced at you but someone came out on stage. It was a girl in a short dress and heels.

 

'Welcome everyone! Han Jaekyung imnida and I'll be your MC for tonight's show!' 

Everyone clapped. 'She has the same name as Jenny, doesn't she?' Chanyeol said to you

'Yeollie, there's more than 1 person in the world called Jaekyung...' 

'We've had a few extra applicants and they will be performing after the interval and so, without further ado, let's get the show on the road!' 

The curtains opened and everyone clapped furiously. You hooted when you saw it was Jinri on stage. 'Jinri-ah! Fighting! Aja aja fighting!' 

D.O looked at you cheering and quickly made a loud whistle noise. Jinri looked into the crowd and smiled. 

'Annyeonghaseyo, Park Jinri imnida. I have a few new friends from England so I was inspired to sing a song in English. I hope you enjoy my performance' 

Jinri closed her eyes and began to whistle. You felt yourself sway to the rhythm and bob your head. You noticed everyone around you bobbing their heads too and then she began to sing. Her English had improved even more since you had helped her that morning and you could see people in front and behind you, dancing away and rocking out. 

Kris leaned over to you. 'She's got a great voice, doesn't she?' 

You nodded. 'It's really different... Very contemporary and indie, right?' 

'Yeah, you're right. Well, I'm a fan of hers'

You looked over and saw Kai smiling as he watched Jinri giving her all on stage. You were glad he was enjoying himself. Perhaps a night out like this was beneficial. 

Once Jinri had finished, she stood up to a loud round of applause. She beamed and caught sight of you in the audience, giving you a thumbs up. She bowed and quickly ran off stage, her long hair flailing behind her. You looked around and saw Jaemin standing at the back of the hall with his arms crossed looking affirmative. You smiled from the thought that he was watching his little sister perform. Joon had used to do that for you. You couldn't help but feel a little sad that you had lost him. 

The curtains opened again and there was a girl on stage with a guitar. She began to sing her own rendition of Gee. You guessed this was Kim Miyoung. Chen sat up as he saw her perform and you turned your head to face him.

'Took her out for a date, did you?' 

'Why would you make those assumptions, Haneul?' 

'It's not an assumption though, is it, Chen?' you replied winking

Chen stuck his tongue out at you and you laughed. The MC came out again.

'Daebak, right? Ah, Park Jinri really is amazing, ne?' 

The audience chorused, 'ne!' 

'And Kim Miyoung is also amazing, ne?' 

'Ne!' 

'Ah, we have so many talented first years here! And now, we have a dance performance by... The ABC-Dance Group!'

 

Time passed and the acts were all incredible, recieving loud applauses and cheers after their performances. Soon enough though, it was time for Taejoon to come out. You sat at the edge of your seat as the curtains opened and he was standing on stage with his guitar and a band behind him.

'Hello everybody. Ahn Taejoon imnida... I'm here with some of the members from The Taxi's too who are going to play my track with me... I wrote this myself and it's...' 

You froze. He was stuttering and he never stuttered on stage. He was charismatic and confident. You slowly began to shake your head. 

'This song... It's for the girl I love'

You looked up and saw him staring right at you. The hall was quiet, waiting for him to begin. The music started. 

'Taejoon-ah...' you said quietly

The boys all turned to face you. Kai's heart dropped into his stomach and Chanyeol and D.O stared from you to the stage in disbelief.

'Haneul-ah... This one's for you' 

 

 



*DRAMATIC MUSIC PLEASE*

BABADADUUM