Chanyeol to The Rescue

That Girl, Which Boy?
This beautiful poster was made by the lovely Hatsu_ ^^ She created me this as a practice for her newly opened postershop (hence why her username isn't on the poster) so if you like her work and are looking for a poster, check out her shop and use her services! :)

'Omo!'

You looked up and saw the figure of the kind librarian standing above you.

'Omo, omo, omo! My dear, are you okay? Kai-ssi! What happened to you and your friends?'

She helped support Kai as he stumbled over into the back room. Lay managed to walk but as soon as he lay on the floor, he instantly passed out.

The lady put on the kettle and a lamp, settling beside the three of you so she could examine the injuries. She took out a couple of ice packs, wrapped them in a cloth and gently placed them on Kai's jaw, asking you to hold them for her. 

'What happened?' she asked, turning to look at Lay's still body and then back to the swollen mess called Kai.

You looked at Kai who nodded. 'Ahjumma is an old friend of mine'

'He came here and met Suho-ssi...' the lady said quietly. She was testing the water to see how much you knew about Kai.

'Oh! You're the librarian that let Kai stay here?'

The lady smiled and nodded. 'Was that... Kai-ssi's brother? The one in the suit? He looks like Kai...'

'Yeah, that's him' Kai said, though he could barely make out the words. You glared at him.

'Kai... Stop talking and go to sleep.' you snapped.

He did as he was told and shut his eyes. The lady smiled as she passed you a mug of tea, obviously amused that Kai listened to you.

'Take it. It's ginseng- good for renewing energy. Very healthy for you too.'

'Thank you'

'You obviously know Kai well. Are you old friends? A couple?'

'Aniyo... I met Kai last year' 

'Only last year?'

You nodded. 'I used to live in London but I guess... Things happen...'

The librarian understood what you meant. She had seen Suho slave away, reading book after book relentlessly for as long as she could remember and when Kai came in, she knew to mention him to Suho straight away. She assumed that you were with Kai and Suho for the same or similar reasons. 

She held your hand. 'Are you okay? Would you like me to file a report for you? There'll be security camera footage...'

You shook your head. 'I think Kai should just move on from this as painlessly as possible. Going after Jongjae would just make things worse.'

The lady nodded and stood up. 'I'm just going to go out and finish a few things. We're closing in half an hour so maybe you'd like to get someone to pick you up? Do you live with them?' she said, pointing at Kai and Lay.

'Yeah, there's quite a few of us. I'll call one of them to come but I'm not sure how fast they'll be able to get here...'

'I'd love to let you stay the night but I'm afraid it's not my shift in the morning and my boss would fire me-'

'Oh no, I totally understand. Once I call someone, we'll move outside and wait for them. Please don't worry about us... And thank you, ahjumma. You've been so lovely'

'Anyone that Kai feels safe around is obviously a good person. You must have really struck a chord with him, and the others too, to have been let into their world. They're the kindest kids I know but there's something dark there and they don't just let anyone into their lives.'

The lady took your mug and placed it in the sink. You tried to wash it for her but she refused your help and told you it wasn't a bother and that she didn't mind it. You took out your phone. Who's nearby?... You searched through your contact list and called. The noise in the background was loud and busy. 

 

 

'Yoboseyo? Haneul-ah? What's up?' said a deep voice, full of concern and panic. 

You felt yourself well up.

'Yeollie...' was the only thing you could say.

Chanyeol's voice heightened. 'Hey! Haneul! What's wrong?! Did something happen to you? Where are the others? Are you okay?!'

'It's Kai and Lay-'

'You found Kai!? Hey, hyung! They found Kai!'

You heard Xiumin in the background. 'Thank God.'

'Chanyeollie...'

'Wait... Why are you crying Haneul?'

'Jongjae was with him...'

Chanyeol gasped and dropped the phone. You heard the line rustle and crash. You panicked and looked at your phone screen. It was still connected.

'Chanyeol?! Yeollie?! Chanyeol?! Are you there?! Hello?!' you shrieked

You heard Chanyeol pick up the phone and dust it off. 'I'm here, I'm here. It's okay, it's okay. Where are you? Are you hurt? Did that do anything to you?!'

'I'm okay. It's Kai and Lay. Kai drank a bit...'

'Kai drank?! Aish... Hey, hyung! I'm leaving early okay? Haneul needs me to pick her up!... Is that okay, boss?! There's a problem at home!'

Xiumin sighed in the background. 'I'll see you at home then, Yeol. Good work tonight'

Chanyeol picked up his jacket and tore off his apron, the phone still attatched to his ear. 'I'm coming for you, Haneul. Where are you?'

'The library... I'll be outside since it's going to shut really soon. B-But Yeollie?...' your voice cracked

'Yeah?'

'P-Please come quickly... P-P-Please...' you whispered, wiping your eyes with the backs of your hands. They burned and you felt more tears form, stinging your face as they rolled down it. Chanyeol's chest tighted as he tapped his bus pass on the beeper, positioning himself by the exit doors to burst out and run to you.

'I'm coming Haneul. Just stay right there. Oppa will be there in just a moment.'

 

***

 

Chanyeol ran to the library from the bus stop at a speed that even he was surprised by. You had managed to wake up both Kai and Lay and together, they had walked outside and sat on a bench out front. First Chanyeol checked you were okay and then Kai. As you held up Kai, Chanyeol managed to pull Lay onto his feet. 

'I'll hold onto Lay since I'm taller. Can you manage with Kai?'

You nodded. 'I'll be fine'

Chanyeol patted Lay's back. 'How did you get into this situation?...' Lay winced. 

'Yeollie... I think his wounds might have opened...' You whispered.

You sat Kai and Lay back down on the bench and Chanyeol carefully pulled up the back of Lay's jacket. His shirt was seeping with blood. You gasped. 

'The impact of that hit must have opened them up again... I thought they healed...' you said

'Hyung's had these for a while now. I don't know if they'll ever heal' said Chanyeol

He took out a bottle of water from his bag and passed it to you. 'Give it to Kai. Since he's been drinking, we need to keep him hydrated.'

You nodded and unscrewed the lid, gently placing the bottle opening to Kai's lips letting him sip the water. 

'I'm going to call Tao. He's the only one muscular enough to help carry these two'

You nodded again and yawned. 'I'll call Kris-hyung too.' Chanyeol added.

'What for?'

'Someone needs to carry Kai if I'm going to be carrying you'

You stared at Chanyeol. 'Why would you carry me? I'm not even injured'

'Yeah but you're tired. Just look at you. God, you look a mess. Where did the beautiful Hana Banana go?'

Chanyeol beamed. You playfully hit him and let out a loud sigh. 

'He didn't say anything... Did he?' Chanyeol asked warily.

You nodded. 'He...He said that my parents were probably happy to get rid of me.' you said quietly.

Chanyeol stared at you. Haneul... He hugged you and kissed you on the forehead as you started to cry again. This was the most you had ever cried since the day you discovered your parents dead. 

'Oh Haneul...'

You sobbed into Chanyeol's chest. 'Yeollie...'

'Don't listen to that jerk. Of course your parents love you. No matter where they are, they love you. We love you. I love you.'

You nodded and buried your face further into Chanyeol's chest. 

'I mean that Haneul...' You're so precious to me, you just don't see it '...I really do love you and I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you from that peabrain Jongjae.'

'I love you too, Yeollie' you replied. Chanyeol's grip around you tightened.

'You'll be safe with me, okay Haneul? I promise nothing bad will ever happen to you when I'm around'

You nodded, nestling further into Chanyeol's thick coat. He wound his scarf around your neck and held your head close to his chest.

I'll wait until you see me the way I see you. I'll wait forever. 

 

***

 

You had sat next to Chanyeol and fallen asleep. It had been a long and tiring day. Kris and Tao had arrived and taken both Kai and Lay to the hospital. Chanyeol didn't want to move you and so he sat on the bench with you resting your head on his shoulder, gently breathing, your chest rising up and down. It started to get cold as it got later and Chanyeol shook you to wake you. He had given you his scarf and despite unwinding it and rewinding around the both of you, his hands were starting to numb and he couldn't contain his shivers any longer.

'Mmm?' You mumbled 

'Climb on, I'll take you home' 

You looked around. 'Where's Kai and Lay?' 

Chanyeol smiled. 'Kris and Tao already came and took them to the hospital. Here, I'll give you a piggy back. Do you want to go and visit them?' 

You nodded. Chanyeol stooped down low and you climbed onto him. He grabbed your thighs and you put your arms around his neck, smelling his cologne. Chanyeol always put on cologne for work. His boss told him and Xiumin to use it as a technique for gaining female customers as girls are ers for nice cologne. 

'Yeollie, you smell nice' you said

Chanyeol felt his heart flutter. 'I-I do?... You like it?' Damn, boss-hyung was right. 

'Yeah. It's musky and... y. I really like it'

'I'll wear it more often then if you like it so much'

You nodded happily. 'I'd like that'

You soon fell asleep again and upon arriving at the hospital, Kris instructed Chanyeol to take both you and Tao home. A hospital nurse who claimed to be a friend of Mr Park's offered to drive you home and although Kris kindly declined the offer, she insisted that she at least pay for a taxi as it was late and referring to you, she didn't want the 'poor little lamb to be out and catch a cold'. Kris said no more. He cared about your health. He cared about Tao's health. He cared about Chanyeol's health. He spotted Chanyeol's scarf around your neck and gave his own to Chanyeol. 

'Hyung... Don't you need it? Hospital's get cold at night'

'I'll be fine. I already requested a portable heater and extra blankets when I arrived with Tao so they should be coming along soon. Don't worry about me and those two. If I'm not back by the time she wakes up, you can let her come and visit them. She'll probably want to anyway seeing as she ran off with Lay to come and find Kai...'

Chanyeol was shocked. 'She ran off with Lay?!' He almost dropped you. 

'Yeah, the two of them jumped out of the window. She went into hyung's room to stop him but obviously ended up being persuaded to go with him.' said Tao, half laughing, half yawning. His dark under-eye bags were starting to look swollen and puffy. 

'It's okay. We can yell at her tomorrow' said Kris, 'The main thing now is to just get home and let her sleep. Today's been tough...'

'I can't imagine how Kai's feeling' said Tao

'I guess we'll see tomorrow'

 

 

 



HEY ALL! So I told you in the last chapter that there would be 2 more love lines and I guess the 4th has been revealed!

It's our beautiful, lazy, younger brother of the sassy Jiyoung... CHANYEOL! Hurrah!

And I had a look at the suggestions and the 2 main love line guesses (other than Chanyeol) were Kris and Luhan. There's only one more spot left so who's it going to be?! Who's it gonna be?!?! You shall see soon ohohoho ^o^

 

I don't I've said this yet but really... Thank you all so much for subscribing to the sequel of 'That Girl, That Boy'. It really means a lot to me that you guys are actually interested in finding out what's going to happen next. I love it when you tell me that you've reread the prequel and that you've enjoyed it. It makes me feel happy beyond belief ^^ So yes, thank you for supporting me and sticking by me. I may not be here forever but even after I leave, I will never ever forget the brilliant subscribers and supporters and friends I've made on here<3