Kai's News

That Girl, Which Boy?

You bumped into Kris as you made your way through the front doors. 

'Oppa!'

'Hyung!'

'Kris!'

'Hey!'

Kris smiled and hugged Luhan. 'How are you guys?' he asked.

'We're good. Baekhyun told us about the English change' Suho replied

'Oh he did, did he? That's good. How did you take it?' he said, looking at you.

'Me? I'm fine with it.'

'You are?'

You nodded slowly. 'Yes... Wait. Why wouldn't I be?'

Kris shrugged. 'No, nothing.' He obviously didn't tell them why he wanted to change then.

'He said you told him to ask us and Aaron for help'

'Taejoon? Ah yeah, I did. Why? Is that a problem?'

'They aren't being very forthcoming about interacting with him' said Luhan

'Say's you' you replied sarkily

Luhan simply raised his eyebrows and held up his hands. Kris smirked. 'Shall we go and see those two?' said D.O

Kris nodded. 'I'll take you there.'

 

You entered a room on a familiar ward and saw Kai and Lay both sitting in their beds. Lay was humming to himself and Kai was busy engrossed in the newspaper of the day. They both looked up as the door swung open.

'Haneul! Luhan-hyung!'

'D.O! Suho-hyung!'

'Lay! Kai!'

You took a look at the two of them. They both looked alright injury wise. Kai had a few bruises and cuts on his lip but nothing major. He seemed tired and still had an IV drip into his arm. You looked at it and saw Suho doing the same. 

'It's for dehydration' said Kai

You nodded. 'Are you okay?'

'Perfectly fine. Thank you, by the way...' Kai looked at Lay. 'Both of you'

'For what?' you asked

'For coming' Kai looked at Lay again. 'I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean for you to get caught up in all this too. It's the last thing I would have ever wanted'

Lay shook his head. 'Kai, I care about you. Of course I had to defend you. Brothers, right?'

'Always'

You walked over to Lay's bed where Luhan was standing. Lay had a thick bandage wrapped around his waist, like the one he had in Japan. You touched it. 

'It's pretty gross, Haneul. It needs to be changed everyday because it's that disgusting' said Lay, pulling a face

'I'm so sorry Lay...'

'What on earth are you sorry for, Haneul? I should be sorry'

'Why would you be sorry?'

'I... I couldn't protect you from that jerk's words and how he hurt you. None of it's true by the way, Haneul. I hope you know that'

You nodded. 'Don't worry, Lay. Yeollie comforted me when he came by later'

Lay felt a pang of jealousy. It stabbed him a little and he felt mad that it wasn't him who had been able to be the one to hold you and tell you it would be alright in the end. 

'Chanyeol?'

You nodded again. 'Yeah, he was so nice and I just really needed that. Enough about me though, how long will you two be here for?'

'I get let out in a few hours once they've checked my bandage and it looks okay. Kai's got to finish off the drip but he should be let out in a few hours too.' Lay paused. 'Haneul... I just want to get out of here'

You held his hand and his back. 'I know. I know... You'll be out soon. Just endure it and get better'

'Haneul...' 

Lay looked around him and checked that everyone was out of earshot. 

'Yeah?'

'I don't know how to say this...'

'Just say it. Whatever it is, say it. Get it off your chest'

'Fine...'

You waited patiently for him. 

'You promise never to leave me, right?'

You were thrown by the question. 'What? Of course I won't leave you. How could I? I owe you so much'

'It's just... I feel so much stronger and capable when you're with me. Now that you're in my life, I don't know what I'd do without you. It's like you're my rock and my comfort and I-'

'I feel the same way about you too.'

'You do?' Lay's heart lept. Does this mean she likes me too?! 

You nodded. 'I always come to you guys for support. Seriously, I have no idea what I'd be doing if I hadn't met you all. You're all my shoulder to cry on. You don't judge me. I love you all'

Lay sighed and painfully smiled. Love us all. She loves us all. Not just me. It's all of us.

'No!' You heard an anguised shout from Kai's bed and rushed over to him. 

'Kai?'

Kai was clenching the thin bedsheets and furiously cursing. Luhan took a step back and held his mobile phone to his ear. Suho also stepped away and moved to talk to Lay. D.O was the only one that stood by Kai's side, knowing that no matter how angry and upset he was, Kai would never take his emotions out on him. 

'Kai...' D.O said softly.

You nudged Luhan who was still on the phone. 'What's going on?' you mouthed to him.

Luhan held up a finger to tell you to wait a moment and then ended the call. 'Come out with me for a second, Haneul'

You followed him out, turning back to see Kai furiously lashing out and D.O standing by his side serenely. 

 

'Explain now.' you said to Luhan as you sat down on some seats in the corridor

'He's off the comittee'

'Off?'

'Kicked off. For his behaviour'

'Like Park-ssaem wanted'

Luhan nodded. 'Just like he wanted.'

You cocked your head to one side. 'So...? What's bad about that?'

'Did you see his reaction to the decision?'

You both stopped and listened. You could hear a loud crying and howling coming from the room. You winced. It was painful to hear him like that. 

'Kai...' you breathed. 'He's so hurt by it, Luhan...'

Luhan put his arm around you. 'What should we do then?'

'I don't know... What can we do?'

'What would make him happy?'

D.O opened the door and stepped out, collapsing in the seat next to you. 

'How's it going in there?'

'He won't stop crying oceans. Honestly, I don't know how he hasn't managed to drown himself in tears yet.'

'And Lay?' said Luhan

'He's fine. Suho and Kris will be out in a minute because they're going to change Lay's bandages. Once Kai's stopped crying, we can all go back.'

'Isn't everyone coming here?' you asked

D.O shook his head. 'Park-ssaem told them to stay and make the dorm as homey as possible. Suho-hyung also rang and told them we'd be coming back in an hour or so so there's really no point in coming all this way.'

'I suppose...'

D.O held your hand and turned your head to face his. 

'Haneul-ah, don't worry about it. Just be happy and those two will too.'

Luhan nodded. 'Do what you do best'

'And what do I do best?'

'You make us happy'

 

 


Wow. Its been a week... I cannot even describe how bad I feel... Ah shucks. Mianhae. Really. I'm really sorry for such a long wait and then recieving some short crappy update. ARGH. I'M SORRY :( forgive me? ^^ 

Next chapter will be better, I promise :)