Haneul's Birthday (Part 2)

That Girl, Which Boy?

As you sat on the balcony with the radio, music blaring out loud, you would never have imagined what else was going on. Apologetic, everyone who hadn't known about your birthday had gone out to find you quick, last minute presents. You had been left in the dormitory with Kai and Baekhyun as Lay had dragged Kris out to buy a proper present, stating 'you can't give her yourself, you egotistical '.

'This isn't any way to celebrate your birthday' Kai said, stepping out onto the balcony with a smile. 'Mind if I join you?'

You nodded and scooted over so that he could sit beside you.

'Wow, it's pretty squished in here. Are you getting suffocated?'

You laughed, 'I'll live'

'Baekhyun's gone out for a bit. He'll be back when the others get back.'

'Where did he go?'

'He said its to pick up your present. I guess he got something that had to be delivered.'

You smiled, 'thank you for the cake, by the way'

'It just that we have to wait until this evening until we can eat it'

'Are you hungry?'

It was around 10.30am, only an hour and a half after breakfast.

'Nah, I'm good for now. Shall I tell you a funny story though?'

'Yes please!' Kai laughed a little to himself, 'well, you know that cake I got you?'

You nodded.

'I got it from that shop we went to'

'I thought so'

'Yeah, well, when I went in, the waiter recognised me. You know, the really annoying one?'

'Oh him! Yeah, he gave me his number' you laughed, 'but I chucked it. Such a creep'

'He asked about you, you know'

'And what did you do?' You grinned

'Oh, not much'

Kai wasn't exactly lying here because indeed, he hadn't said much. But what he had said more or less was lie, or at least implied something that was a lie, and he hoped you wouldn't ask further.

 

Flashback

'Hey, I know you from somewhere... Oh! You're the guy that came in before! Where's your friend? Why hasn't she called me?'

'Look. That girl is my girlfriend so leave her alone'

 

'Did you say something to him?' You asked

/Crap/

'Yeah, I just told him he wasn't your type'

'Oh that's good' you said, 'he really wasn't my type'

'What is your type?' Kai asked suddenly, taking you by surprise

'My type?... Erm, hmmm...' You thought about it for a moment.

'My ideal type is someone that cares about me and is protective- someone that will come after me no matter where I go and will always look for me.'

'Someone like Ahn Taejoon?'

You sighed. 'Not you too... Why don't you guys like him? He's a really nice guy.'

Can you really be that dense...

'I don't have anything against him. I'm just pointing out that you dated him so he must fit your ideal type, right?' 

'Well he did come over here for me.' 

'So you still like him?' 

You shook your head causing Kai to breathe a small sigh of relief.

'But he still fits your ideal type?' 

You tutted, your teeth 'yeah... I suppose so. Hey, what about you? What's your ideal type?'

'Mine?... Someone who is pretty but not conceited, fair and not unjust and clever but not arrogant'

'Sounds like me' you said with a laugh, flicking your hair behind you.

Kai laughed too. It is you.

'But those girls... Do they even exist? Someone like that must be so beautiful and yet... So hard to find. Aren't ideal types just setting us up for disappointment?' You said slowly

'Only if we can't see that any imperfections are beautiful too'

 

---

 

'Hey! Hey! What does this say?!'

'It says... Baggage carousel 4, flight from London Heathrow. Okay! Baggage carousel 4!'

 

***

 

Kai decided it would be nice to buy something to decorate the dorm with- balloons for instance, and you nodded in agreement.

'I'll get some money from Kris' jacket' you said, opening the door to Kris and Lay's room which was now occupied by Huiling and Lay. You ignored Huiling's suitcase in the corner of the room with her pink pajamas neatly folded on top. Instead, your eyes wandered to a small black box on Lay's desk. Quickly, before you could change your mind, you opened it and gasped. 

There was a silver chain with a H initial charm on it.

'H for Haneul...' You breathed, grinning.

No wonder he kept silent this morning despite knowing it was my birthday

You slowly shut it again, replacing it back on the desk. Then walking to the wardrobe, you pulled out one of Kris' jackets and rifled through the pockets.

One thing you should know about Kris: there is always loose change in his pockets.

You accumulated just under 7000 won (6~USD), enough to buy plenty of balloons and probably some party hats too, and walked back out of the room feeling very happy.

 

---

 

'Oh god, that's my suitcase! Quick! Grab it! Grab it!'

'Hey, what the hell have to got in there?! Why is it so damn heavy?!'

'Well I had to bring as much as possible over! May I remind you that we're going to be living here now for at least a couple of months?'

 

***

 

By the time it was late evening and everyone had come home, Seohee had also come over, bearing her gift. The dorm was pasted with brightly colored balloons and there was a line of 7 green and yellow ones, stuck above the door to the balcony that said '생일축하해하늘!'

'Noona said she's super sorry but she's in the US at the moment. She's got Chihiro working already, how fantastic is that?!' Chanyeol said

'Well she is really pretty' Chen replied, 'but not as pretty as my Seohee'

'Yaah who says I'm yours,Jongdae? I'm an independent woman thank you very much'

'I still say you should marry her,Chen'

Your presents were placed in front of the television, waiting to be opened after the meal. There were still a few more people who were going to arrive. There was a knock at the door and Sehun jumped up to open it.

'Hyung!'

It was Aaron and he was with Jinri too. She smiled and waved, quickly taking off her shoes and running in and hugging you.

'Haneul! Haneul! Happy birthday! Happy birthday!'

She was holding carrying some bottles of soju.

'Oppa said he's sorry he can't come but he gave me this to make up for it'

'Are we the last ones?' Aaron asked

'Nope' Kris said, shaking his head.

'We're still waiting for Baekhyun to arrive.' 

'He's been out since morning... Where on earth did he go? Timbuktu?' Said D.O

'He mentioned Haneul's birthday present and going to get it' Kai said, 'but I didn't ask where he was picking it up from'

'I'll ring hyung' said Tao, whipping out his mobile phone and punching in the number

Everyone was silent, sitting with their party hats on.

'Hello' Baekhyun's voice echoed around the room. Tao had naturally put the call on speaker mode.

'Hey hyung? Where are you?'

'I'm just downstairs but um... Could use some help actually'

'Help? What on earth did you get as her present?!' Kai shouted

'It's... Look, just come and help okay? You'll see in just a moment.'

The line went dead and everyone looked at Tao.

'Well I suppose you all want me to go, right?'

'I'll come too' said Lay, standing up The pair left the dorm and the party resumed.

 

'So what are we having tonight, chef?' You asked, cosying up to D.O who put his arm around you. You could see Aaron's disappointed look but decided not to worry too much about it. 

'Tacos and fajitas'

'Mexican? I didn't think you'd cook Mexican food'

'It's just good party food since you only need a ton of tacos, a ton of wraps, a ton of chicken and mince and then cheese and salad. Pretty simple really'

'Oppa, I swear you make even the simplest jam sandwich sound like a culinary delight. Thank you for doing all of this. Is it ready?'

'Pretty much. The tacos take 2 minutes to heat in the oven so I'll do that once everyone's arrived... Oh and the chicken is with red peppers and tomato because I know you like that'

'How did you know?!'

'I asked Taejoon-ssi what food you used to eat back in England and he said chicken wraps but only the ones with tomato and pepper.'

'You're the best, oppa'

 

Baekhyun burst through the door suddenly. 'I'm here!'

'What the heck took you so long?!'

'And where's Tao and Lay?'

'Where's your present?'

'Hang on, hang on. Just a second. My present is right here but Haneul? I need you to come over here.'

Everyone gathered around the front door.

'Dear God, you didn't hire a stripper or something, did you?' said Seohee

'What! No! Who do you think I am?!'

'It's because we know who you are that we say that' said Chanyeol with an evil smirk on his face, 'Byuntae Baekhyun'

'Yah! I'm not a byuntae!! Oh okay fine, hey, you two, come out now!' Baekhyun called down the corridor

'He really did hire a stripper...' Chanyeol muttered, 'unbe-bloody-lievable.'

Everyone waited in anticipation. There were two sets of footsteps approaching and your curiosity was killing you. Just as you were about to burst, two figures appeared before you.

Your jaw dropped.

Aaron's jaw dropped.

Baekhyun grinned.

Kris smiled.

'M-Maddie?! Ah Ri?! Wh-aat...'

You were lost for words at the sight of your two friends. Lay and Tao were holding their suitcases, standing just behind them.

'Happy birthday Han!'

'We're going to be in Korea for a little while!'

 

 

 



I HAVE BEEN DYING TO GET THIS OUT. Even though I'm supposed to be studying... Shh! Hope you enjoy this! 

When I said drama, I didn't necessarily mean bad drama. There's going to be PLENTY of good points. Starting with Maddie and Ah Ri's sudden arrival and Luhan's comeback!

OH YEAH

As for the Luhan twist, it was interesting to know whether or not you had expected it ^^ especially since I had planned for him to return from WAY WAY WAY ago. Remember: every characters past will come back! Some more than once, mind you. 

For anyone who didn't know, I have written the foreword and description to a new SHORT fic that will begin in June. It's a MyungsooxYou fic so if you'd like, check it out here!

Um... what else can I say... AH! Here's a little spoiler. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first confession is coming up REAL soon. WHO DO YOU WANT IT TO BE?!