Dance Time!

That Girl, Which Boy?

As the night wore on, more and more happenings took place. Maddie and Baekhyun could hardly keep their eyes off of each other and it took Ah Ri tearing her away to get Maddie to attempt to talk to Chihiro in Japanese. An awfully quiet Sehun stood on the side with Luhan by his side, carefully eyeing the silent Japanese girl. He caught himself looking a little too often and left, slightly freaked out by his own behaviour.

What was he standing around for? Was he really that desperate to hear her voice? Sure she was pretty and enchanting but...

If Sehun had fallen for her just based on that, wouldn't it be shallow? He had no idea what she was like as a person.

She's just a pretty face, stop staring. Don't be a weirdo, Sehun. Stop it. 

D.O repeatedly glanced over at Aaron nervously who was sat talking to Xiumin, Kris and Jaemin. Jinri sat with Seohee and threw a few wary looks over at you and then at Aaron. Chen eventually managed to pull his girlfriend towards him and the two settled down comfortably together on a shared seat. You had taken it upon yourself to talk to Lay first knowing he'd probably be feeling more than a bit guilty.

'Thanks for lunch; where did you disappear to?'

'I had to get a bit of fresh air. I'm really sorry about earlier. I shouldn't make excuses but I just-'

'Apology accepted, Lay. You don't need to explain yourself.'

Just like that?

Lay could hardly believe it. He had mentally prepared himself for a slap and a months worth of the silent treatment. He thought he deserved that at the very least.

'But next time something's on your mind, let it out elsewhere. Don't take it out on the people that love you because you'll end up hurting them.'

Lay nodded. 'How did you know...'

'About you wanting private time? I saw Suho afterwards. He explained your mysterious walks to me a little bit'

'Oh. Right.'

'Don't be so stiff, I've forgiven you already. I think you got what you deserved anyway. Did it hurt when I hit you?'

Lay nodded again.

'My bad' you laughed

'Can I give you a hug?'

'A hug?'

'Yeah... To say sorry...'

You grinned and stretched your arms out wide, allowing Lay to wrap himself around you and rest his chin on your shoulder. By the table, Chen noticed his girlfriends strange behaviour.

'Why are you suddenly smiling, Seohee-ah? I hope you're not planning something'

'Don't you think they look cute?' Seohee said pointing to you

'Well personally I always thought Huiling and Lay were better together...' Chen said slowly, his lips forming a mischievous smile

'Yah! Jongdae! Don't joke!'

'Sorry maam.'

 

Eventually you managed to jump Sehun and surprise him. Baekhyun had started up the karaoke on the television and Jiyoung and Chanyeol were performing a sibling song.

'Caught you staring at someone earlier' you said, choking Sehun in a headlock

'W-What are you talking about?'

You squinted at Sehun who gulped and looked away feeling the pressure.

'Stop staring at me'

'Am I making you nervous?'

'No'

'Yeah she is' Luhan said, sitting beside you. He was holding Chihiro's hand. 'Chihiro, this is Sehun but I'm sure you already knew that. You guys have met before, right?'

'Hyung, we've met more than once before you know. Every time noona is here, Chihiro-ssi is also here. You don't need to introduce us.'

'Aigoo Sehun-ah, why are you still using honorifics? No wonder you're not close to our Chihiro. You're still talking formally! You're her oppa!'

'Okay then, Chihiro, let's talk informally. You can call me oppa from now on'

'Sehun stood up and Luhan grabbed his waist, pulling his jeans down slightly. The top of his navy blue boxers were visible and Sehun scrambled to pull his jeans back up.

'Hyung! What are you doing?!'

Luhan smiled, his eyes forming little crescent moons and winked at you. Sehun scowled when he saw it.

'Sehun, don't be a brat and talk to Chihiro. You're the only one who hasn't here and you actually know some Japanese. Even Haneul's friends have spoken to her! You can talk about the songs everyone is singing since Chihiro might not know them. Come on, Haneul. Let's leave them.'

You stood up much to Sehun's disappointment and fury as he sat back down and Luhan patted Chihiro's shoulder to get her to move closer to him.

How do I talk to someone that doesn't talk back?

There was a moment of silence between the two which Sehun found unbearable. The only way he could relieve the tense atmosphere was to...

'Hyung, are you going to sing?!' he yelled after Luhan

'Me? Well...'

'Oh please do!' Ah Ri said, 'Haneul told me you were a trainee and she also said you sing really well!'

'I'd rather not, if that's okay. Lay? Do you want to?' Luhan asked

Lay shook his head, 'I'm alright, thanks. Kris, how about you? Sing with Chanyeol.'

'Oh this I have to see!' You said excitedly

'Never.' Kris replied sternly

'Get Jinri-noona and Taejoon-hyung to sing! Or Chen-hyung and Seohee-noona!' Said Tao

'Jongdae?' Seohee said to her boyfriend, 'do you want to?'

'Let's wait until someone makes a fool out of themselves first' Chen replied

'Good idea... We'll go later!'

'Then Jinri and Aaron?' You said

'Shall we?' Jinri asked

Aaron shrugged, 'sure, why not? Korean? Or English?'

'Obviously Korean! You know how hideous my English is, oppa!'

'It's really not that bad, Jinri-ah... Can't we try an English song?'

'Maybe another time, oppa... I don't feel comfortable enough'

Aaron gave Jinri a quick squeeze of support, 'then let's sing in Korean.'

'Ooh sing this one!' Jiyoung squealed, pressing a song on the television.

'Urban Zakapa... Nice choice, noona' Kai said, settling down beside her

 

Jinri and Aaron began singing and everyone was quiet, listening to their soothing duet. They harmonised with each other and Jinri wowed at the end with her ad libs. You could feel yourself tearing up a little and Jinri stared at you slightly horrified.

'What's wrong?' she asked

Maddie chuckled and threw a pillow at you.

'She gets emotional listening to songs. Aaron, you know that.'

'Aigoo, our Haneul is an emotional tea pot. Look at those tears sprouting out!' Jaemin joked

Everyone laughed as you blushed, wiping your eyes dry.

'Does someone else want to sing something? Preferably not acoustic...' You asked, catching D.O's eye

'I'll sing with someone?' he said quietly, 'there's this song I quite like.'

'I'll sing with him!' Baekhyun shouted from across the room, 'D.O, I'll go with you!'

'What song do you want to sing then?' Jiyoung asked, holding the remote in her hand

'It's this pop song this girl was playing on her phone in class today. It's called 3.6.5- it's this rookie group's debut song I think. They're from SM entertainment.'

Luhan whistled in bemusement.

'Oppa's song?...'

Everyone turned to look at Ah Ri who had her head cocked to one side.

'Oppa?! You know someone in SM's new boy group?'

Ah Ri nodded, 'My oppa... 3.6.5, right? Yeah, my brother's in the group as the main rapper. It's their showcase in a couple of days. This is their prologue single, whatever that means. That's why I'm here in Korea- to see my brother. Well... And to Maddie to see her boyf-'

Maddie grabbed Ah Ri and covered before she could say anymore. She couldn't understand everything she had said but she knew the words 'Maddie' and 'namja-chingu'.

'My God...'

'Haneul, you never told us you had a friend with a brother who's a trainee!' Xiumin said

'It was supposed to be a secret since he's in SM...' you said, 'so I never mentioned it'

'He's not one of your friends, is he, hyung?' Chen asked Luhan

Luhan shook his head, 'I didn't know anyone from SM. He might be friends with my friend though since my friend's been training for a really long time'

'What's your oppa's name?'

'Song Minhyuk. He's been training for 4 years now'

'How old is he?'

'20 in English years, 22 in Korean age.'

'You must miss him... He left when you were still so young,' D.O said, 'is it alright to sing his song?'

'Of course! I'd love to hear it!'

'If I ever meet your oppa, I'll make sure to mention you' Jiyoung said, pressing the 'start button' on the television screen

 

3.6.5 caught you by surprise. It was slightly similar to a Western One Direction song but it was injected with these hints of K-pop everywhere. It was as if SM had purposely released a 'western style' pop song to garner interest and support from international fans. Within seconds, everyone was dancing as D.O and Baekhyun sung their hearts out, eyes focused as the lyrics flashed up on screen.

Kai shimmied your way and took your hands, jumping up and down with you whilst Aaron looked on forlornly. In an attempt to get his attention, Jinri took his arm and they began performing a kkab dance. At this point everyone was falling about in laughter, prancing around all over the place. Sehun stood up from his seat wanting to join in on the fun but knowing he couldn't leave Chihiro alone (and also not wanting to leave her alone), he stretched out his hand.

'Want to dance together?'

They say that music and dance can touch the soul.

And that's exactly how Chihiro felt as she danced with Sehun.

It was as if she was in her own bubble and the only person in it was Sehun. As Sehun laced his fingers with hers and grooved to the music, she began singing along with the chorus, suddenly comfortable with her voice. It caught Sehun by surprise seeing her sing so fluently in Korean and at that moment, he wished more than anything that D.O and Baekhyun would stop singing so he could hear Chihiro's voice fully and properly. They side stepped together and clapped in time with the song, performing a simple dance routine but completely in sync.

Luhan took it a step further, showing off the complex moves he had picked up during his month or so as a trainee. He popped and locked and when Chanyeol stole you away from Kai, Kai joined in with him. Luhan began performing a part of his audition routine, pirouetting here and there and Kai freestyled, taking note and copying a few of Luhan's already choreographed moves.

Ah Ri hooted and cheered as Maddie stood with Baekhyun, eyes on the screen, trying to read the hangul. Baekhyun smiled and handed her the mike which she threw back in disgust, attempting to run away. Grabbing hold of her forearm, Baekhyun pulled her back and he linked arms with her. He was feeling daring tonight after the pep talk from you. Like a fangirl, Maddie turned around and let out a silent scream. Ah Ri laughed her head off, falling to the floor. She pointed you to look at Maddie who was pulling the most hideous face at the two of you, arm entwined with Baekhyun's and you found yourself smiling like an idiot.

'You have no idea how long he's been waiting to do that' Chanyeol said over the music to you, 'he's been talking about her every night ever since she arrived'

Baekhyun was pointing at the screen so that Maddie could stay in time with the words. She read them a little too slow and could only really come in during the chorus that mainly consisted of 'Three! Six! Five!' and a lot of 'woah!' and 'oh!' but Baekhyun thought it the cutest thing ever. D.O turned around and you gave him a thumbs up, smiling at him.

'Oppa! You're so good! The best!!'

The song eventually came to an end and everyone was in high spirits perhaps with the exception of Sehun. Jiyoung had to leave and he didn't manage to properly talk to Chihiro after the song. She simply bowed her head and quickly left, as if her fear of talking had suddenly reappeared and she was desperate not to make eye contact with him. Maddie and Baekhyun spent some time on the balcony alone and they emerged holding hands as cheers erupted around the small dormitory. 

By the time everyone had left, it was past midnight. Despite Baekhyun saying he was okay, Xiumin deemed him too lovestruck and too alcohol intoxicated (Baekhyun only had one beer to get rid of his nerves) to drive Maddie and Ah Ri home so he took them himself. 

'So tomorrow? I'll call you when I'm outside, okay?' Baekhyun cooed as Maddie was escorted down the corridor

'See you tomorrow, Baekhyun' Maddie said

'Call me oppa!!!' Baekhyun screeched back

 

Once everything had settled down, everyone returned to their rooms. You jumped into bed, exhausted from jumping around and dancing all night. Your mind was racing.

So Maddie and Baekhyun are a thing now I suppose and it seems like Luhan wants Sehun and Chihiro to be together.

'Everyone's getting paired up.'

You didn't want to say it but you felt lonely. Knowing that everyone knew who they liked and was actually doing something about it made you anxious to give D.O an answer. 

As you pondered over your thoughts, your mind gave up and you drifted off to sleep, landing in a deep slumber. In the room on the entire opposite end of the dorm were Kai and D.O, still awake and having a DMC- a deep, meaningful chat.

'Hyung... Can I tell you something?'

'Sure you can, Kai. What is it?'

'I don't know if you've noticed at all but... I'm slightly jealous of you.'

'Me? Why?'

'You're always with Haneul and she's so comfortable around you.'

'Hey, she's pretty comfortable around you too Kai'

'Not as comfortable as I'd like though...'

'What do you mean?'

'Hyung... I like her.'

 

 


                                              tumblr_m6rwtuXJKw1rrdf6ao1_500.jpg

That's how I envisage Luhan laughing behind Sehun's back when he was playing around with him BWAHAHAHA

GUESS WHO'S FINISHED HER EXAMS AND IS NO LONGER ON HIATUS?! (it's the same girl who's been sobbing tears over D.O's voice and was feeling bad about neglecting her hubby until she heard him singing Billionaire with D.O on Sukira and ALL THE FEELS CAME FLOODING BACK.)

SO

Cute chapter with a bit of a twist at the end I suppose? BAM BAM BAM. (as you can tell, I've gone crazy because EXAMS ARE OVER AWOOOOO)