Reminiscence

That Girl, Which Boy?

'You know D.O-ssi, it really is nice of you to offer to make us lunch for tomorrow. Really, I'm so thankful. We weren't sure how we'd buy lunch with all the highschoolers coming to the campus.'

D.O smiled.

'It's alright, Jenny-ssi. We're friends so of course we'd help you out'

Minwoo and Jenny were at your dorm for dinner and they were also planning on staying the night. Kai had invited Minwoo over knowing that he wouldn't remember to wake up early enough in the morning and as the two of them were a campus couple and you were friends with them both anyway, it was obvious that both of them would come. 

'Mmmm, oppa? Is that kimchi jigae I can smell?...' you said, walking into the kitchen and taking a huge whiff of the aromas lingering around.

'It is indeed, Haneul. You happy with today's menu?'

'When am I ever not happy?! I love your food!'

D.O smiled. 'I know you do, I'm just teasing you'

He carried on stirring round the pot and after resting the ladle down, he breathed in deeply. You yanked Jenny out of the kitchen.

'Come on, let's get out of here before-'

'Sehun-ah! Tao! Get over here and help lay out the table! Ppalli!' D.O yelled

Jenny covered her ears.

'Haneul, how on earth are you not deaf?'

You giggled, 'I really don't know'

 

As everyone sat around the dinner table feeling rather squished with the addition of 2 guests, memories of the past started to surface- both good and bad.

'I heard Daehyun and Shinyeong are out now' said Suho

'Yeah, they've served their time' Minwoo replied

'How is she?...' D.O asked quietly. Kai patted his knee under the table. You could only look at D.O.

He's still upset about it... and rightly so too.

'She's moving to Busan' said Jenny, 'Her mom wants her away from Seoul' 

D.O didn't say anything. He just sat there motionless.

'And Daehyun is...?' Kris asked

Luhan quickly glanced over to make sure you weren't uncomfortable. 

I hope she's alright with this being brought up again.

You didn't really want to know anything about Daehyun or Shinyeong. They were part of the past that you were trying to erase and you thanked the heavens when the laptop began to blare and you knew what it was. You quickly excused yourself from the table and ran to the laptop which was placed on Kai's tiny desk in the corner of the room, as always. A message flashed up on the screen. 

Incoming call.

 

Grabbing your headphones, you plugged them in and found the two familiar faces of your old best friends come up on the screen. They were wearing lanyards around their necks with their university ID cards attatched to them and you yelled out with happiness when you saw them beaming at you. 

'Haneul!' 

'Ah Ri! Maddie! Oh God, you guys!' you paused, 'Wait... Mads, what did you do to your hair?!'

You saw Maddie quickly trying to tie it up and Ah Ri pulling on her ear so her hair fell loose around her shoulders.

'It's... It's... It's long! And light brown! It's so long!' you squealed.

'You act like you've never seen me with long hair before' 

'You swore you'd never have long hair though! Since you got that gum stuck in it, you were always Miss Long-Hair-Is-Evil...'

'Gee, thanks Haneul' 

'Anytime, Mads'

You carried on talking to them, finding out about their chosen degrees and the hot Spanish boy who sits next to Ah Ri and the crazy proffessor  that runs around their campus like a lunatic. It was just like old times and at one point, Baekhyun and Lay came over to talk to them too. Baekhyun was extremely happy to see them and Lay managed to laugh along too. When they left, it was beginning to get late for you and you knew you'd have to end the call soon enough. 

'By the way Haneul, is everything okay over there?' said Ah Ri

'What do you mean?' 

'Well, is there anything interesting happening that you want to share with us?' 

You thought about it a little. 'No...?' 

Maddie nudged Ah Ri and they said their goodbyes, telling you to forget they had ever mentioned anything but you swore that before the call was cut, you had managed to lip-read what Maddie had frantically been mouthing to her.

'She hasn't seen him yet! Shut up!'

 

 

 


JennyxMinwoo couple are going to be in this story as will Maddie and Ah Ri. I'll link back to chapters from 'That Girl, That Boy' where the characters were mentioned just to bring back some sort of memory but I'll only be doing that for characters that weren't insanely large roles. For instance, Aoi and Aki from Chapter 40 will be featuring in the next chapter ^^

Mmmm, I'm currently going through a few problems hence the lack of updates and lack of interest in AFF at the moment. I'm just generally having a ty time at the moment. Pretty much everything bad that could happen, has happened. I'm falling back into chronic depression again and I just don't have the heart to write right now. I feel so damn awful about this because I really do want to write. I have so many ideas in my head and I get excited just thinking about how you guys will react to them when you read them but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to get on the computer and type this all up. Maybe it's just because I haven't gotten to the part in the story where everything will change (I'm nearing that part though so don't worry). I think that I should start getting better once I go back to getting help for my depression and suicidal tendencies but till then, I'm so sorry if I seem disinterested or far off. I feel like the worst unnie in the world to piggaboo because I haven't updated the fanfic I'm co-authoring with her since what, 3 months ago? Or even longer? Now just isn't a good time for me and I can feel myself slowly spiralling down and it's scaring me and just, eurgh. Someone shut me up please.