Finding Kai

That Girl, Which Boy?

Kai whimpered as he walked towards the library holding a bottle of soju in his hand. His head hurt. He wasn't used to drinking such strong alcohol but none the less, he had stopped off at a refreshments stand and had bought it. He winced a little as he took another gulp.

Anything to numb the pain. 

He carried on walking until he reached his destination. He carefully placed the bottle inside his jacket before entering. 

'Kai! I haven't seen you here in a while! How is Suho?'

Kai smiled. 'He's fine. I'll just be at the back, is that okay?'

'Of course it is. You know you're welcome here'

Kai nodded and made his way to the furthest corner to find a good spot to hide. 

 

Back at the dorm, you had just finished eating. 

'I wonder where he is...' said Chanyeol. 'Should we go see him?'

'We've got to go to work now...' said Xiumin.

Chanyeol groaned. 'I'm really in no mood to be a waiter right now'

'Same' 

Sehun threw his hyungs their jackets and they started to put them on. 

'Maybe Kai will go to your workplace?' said Chen

'Should we come?' Baekhyun added.

You shook your head. 'No... If Kai comes back and sees that we're not here, we don't know what'll happen.'

Everyone agreed. Lay stood up. 'Well, I'm going out anyway.'

'Oh no you don't' Kris grumbled. 

'Lay... Really?' said Luhan

Lay nodded and went into his room. Kris sighed and stood up, putting down his textbook. He really didn't have the time to chase after Lay but he knew he was probably the only guy Lay would actually listen to. 

'Wait, Kris. I'll talk to him. You can carry on studying.'

'Sure?'

You nodded. 'Yeah, it can't be that hard. It's not like he can go anywhere if he's in his room.' You walked into Lay and Kris' room, shutting the door behind you. 

'If only she knew the amount of times we tried to lock the windows in our last dorm' said Luhan

'Even during summer, it was so hot and we still had to make sure the windows were locked.' said Chen

Everyone sighed. The day had been long and tiring and things were just going from bad to worse. Just as you had expected. 

 

'Lay? Woah... Woah, hold up. What are you doing?'

You had caught Lay with one foot through the window. 

'Oh my God! What...?! How...?! You'll... What on earth are you doing?!' you shrieked.

Lay quickly put his hand over your mouth. 

'She obviously caught him' said Tao

'Evidently' said D.O, sitting in your seat. 

'Shhh! Look, it's not a big deal. I've done this before' Lay whispered

'What?! You've descended down a window like some... Some superhero?!'

'Shhh!'

'Lay, you'll kill yourself, dear God. I won't let you leave'

'Come on Haneul, it's not a big deal.'

'You can't leave! N-Not now... Please... We- I need you with me, please...' you pleaded.

Lay held your hand. 

'I want to get out of here, I'm sorry' he said

'Please don't go. It's bad enough without Kai and Xiumin and Yeollie... Please'

Lay stopped for a moment. 

'Come with me. I was going to look for Kai anyway.'

You paused. 'C-Come with you? Out? Now?'

Lay nodded and walked over to his wardrobe, passing you one of his smaller jackets and his wooly jumper.

'It's cold so put this on too.' He wrapped a long scarf around your neck till you couldn't see anything but your eyes. He laughed and tapped your forehead. 'Aigoo, so cute!'

He put his foot out of the window and disappeared. You panicked. 'Lay?! Lay?! Wh-Where did you go?'

Lay hauled himself back through the window sill. 'You okay?'

You breathed a sigh of relief. 'I thought you left me...'

'Never.' He stretched out his arms as you sat on the window sill, your legs dangling out.

'Jump and I'll catch you.'

'I'll flatten you!'

'Then lean forwards and I'll carry you down'

You did as you were told, bending forwards so Lay could fully hold you safe in his arms. He lifted you off the window sill as if he was hugging you and carefully lowered you down until you felt the hard ground beneath your feet. 

'You okay?'

You nodded. 'Thanks, Lay'

Lay put his arm around your shoulder. 'Let's go find that kid. Any ideas where he might be? You were pretty clever back there for figuring that stuff out.'

You shrugged. 'Intuition I guess. I'm not as dumb as I was last year.' You side-eyed Lay who coughed to try and break up the heavy atmosphere. 

You sighed. 'He's at the library. It's the only place still open at this time and it's the only other place where Kai feels safe. Surrounded by books and knowledge, it's no wonder he and Suho love it there so much.'

Lay brushed your hair behind your ear. 'My clever clever girl.'

 

 

Kai was sitting alone in a corner when a figure approached him. He rubbed his jaw.

'I thought you'd be here, little brother'

Kai stood up, ready to face Jongjae, only to fall back down again.

'Woah, look at you! The loser Kim Jongin is a drunkard!'

Kai threw the soju bottle at Jongjae who expertly caught it and drank it himself. 

'Soju? Really? Couldn't you afford something better? I mean, I know you're a student and everything but you come from a wealthy family, Jongin...' 

Jongjae smirked. 'Oh wait... What family?'

Kai clenched his fists so hard they turned a white color. His brother took note. 

'I see your anger issues got worse over these years. Mom should have sent you to a physco ward'

'What anger issues? What are you talking about? Shut up, hyung!'

Jongjae was suprised. He called me... Hyung?

'What did you call me?'

'I- I...'

Jongjae laughed. 'You called me hyung, didn't you? Wow. I didn't realise you had held onto us so much. I bet I really kicked some sense into you today.'

'Shut up!'

Jongjae tutted. 'Still got the attitude too. No wonder mom and dad didn't care when you left-'

Slaaap.

 

Jongjae turned around, holding his cheek. Your right hand was shaking. 

'Who the hell are you?!'

You raised your eyebrow. 'I think you know who I am.' As you began to unwind Lay's scarf, Jongjae's eyes widened.

'You're the university student! What... Why the hell did you slap me?!' he shouted

'Why the hell are you picking on your own brother?!' you screamed back.

If Jongjae wanted to play immature, you could too. You weren't classed as 'scary' back in London for no reason. Guys knew not to mess with you when you had lived in England and it was about time you reinstated some of that power here in Korea. 

'You. Me. Outside. Now.' You said simply

Kai stared at you.

'Are you crazy?! Yah, Jongin. Who's this girl you've found yourself? Where did you find her?' said Jongjae. He howled with laughter. 'She must be someone you met on the streets when you ran away!'

This time, Lay, who had been hiding behind a bookcase, stepped forwards and punched Jongjae in the jaw. A bruise was already starting to form and Jongjae cursed out loud. 

'! Yah! Who the are you?!'

Kai's eyes lit up. 'Hyung!'

'Hyung?!' said Jongjae, disgusted. 'How is this guy your hyung?! Your only hyung is me!'

Kai stood up. You and Lay noticed he was drunk and you both held him up. Kai spat at his brother. 

'Kim Jongjae, you're dead to me. You don't know what family is'

'And you do? I bet none of you know what family is. You!' 

Jongjae pointed to you. 'You don't have any parents, do you?! I bet they were happy to get rid of you!' He started to point his fingers at you and jab them in your face. Lay held you behind him protectively. You started to cry. 

'God, must be true then. Look at you, crying your eyes out. You look ugly when you cry'

'Yah!' 

 

Another punch flew in Jongjae's direction. Kai had aimed for the jaw but being drunk and disorientated, it landed on his nose with a satisfying crack. Jongjae was infuriated and tackled Kai, the two of them falling to the floor in a heap. 

'Kai!' you shouted

Jongjae laughed. 'Is that your new name now? Kai? Ha!' He punched Kai in the stomach and Kai doubled over, wincing in pain. 

'Oppa!' 

'Kai!'

Lay grabbed hold of Jongjae and tried to get him off Kai, only getting thrown aside in the process. His back hit the sharp edge of the bookcase and he grunted in pain. You didn't know what to do. Kai was punched a second time, a third time, a fourth time- until he couldn't breathe any more. He gasped and Jongjae stopped and stood up. You rushed over to Kai and hugged him.

'K-Kai! Are you okay?!' you managed to stutter out.

Jongjae laughed. 'You're both as pathetic as each other.' He turned to Lay. 'You too. Call yourself a man and you can't even get up! I barely touched you.'

'Just... Get... Out' Kai panted

'Oh believe me, I'm going. I sure hope I don't ever see you again. You're pathetic'

Jongjae turned and left the library without looking back. 

 

 

 


LE UPDATEU!~ Jerkwad Jongjae strikes again. At least he'd gone for good now. Poor Lay and Kai 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

How are the shipping feels going? Am I killing you yet? Lay Or Kai? (for this chapter)

Please beware: I am adding in another definite love line next chapter. You can probably guess who hopefully.

So far we have: 

  1. Lay
  2. Kai
  3. D.O

I'll give you a clue. There are two more. Any guesses? I'd love to know your reasons too ^^