Presents (Part 2)

That Girl, Which Boy?

The next present was wrapped in a fancy box.

'Oooh! That looks expensive! Who's it for?' said Xiumin

'Mianhae, it's not for you...'  you said, feeling slightly guilty. 'But I think you'll like your actual present anyway so don't worry about it' 

You untied the ribbon on the box letting it fall to the floor and you carefully lifted the lid to reveal a winter acessory set. The set included a hat, scarf and a pair of gloves. You picked up the scarf and nuzzled it to your chest. 

'It's so warm!' 

'Who's it for?' Lay asked

'The scarf's for Kai,' you smiled 'I didn't want him to get ill now that it's getting a lot colder in Seoul and because oppa doesn't have a scarf, I thought this would be a good idea' 

Kai wrapped the scarf around his neck. 'Thank you Haneul. It's beautiful. I'll treasure it dearly' 

Luhan pulled out the hat from the box. It was a navy beanie with a rim made from the same plaid pattern as the scarf.

'What about this one?'

You took it and placed it on Luhan's head. 'It's for you!'

'For me?! Yah, how did you know I love hats?'

'Maybe because I've been living with you for almost a year now?' you replied, smirking.

'Does it look good on me?' Luhan asked

You shook your head.

'It doesn't?! Hey!'

You laughed and slapped his arm. 'I'm only joking, of course it looks good on you, Luhan!'

'So who are the gloves for?' said Sehun. He partially hoped they were for him.

'They're for Haneul' said Jiyoung, rubbing your hands. 'The cold is affecting her skin so I figured we should give her these, right?' 

Everyone else nodded in agreement including Sehun.

For Haneul, I'm willing to give up those matching gloves.

 

The next two presents were from the same place- the electronics store.  

'Wow, I wonder who got those!' Suho said excitedly. He had plugged in his lamp beside him and even you felt that the atmosphere had livened up and relaxed a little. Maybe it was just the placebo effect but the warm glow coming from the light made you smile just looking at it.

Jiyoung brought out two wrapped parcels and shook the first one.

'This one's for my lovely Chen baby!' she exclaimed.

Chen went bright red. 'Noona... I may like lots of girls but you're my noona! Don't call me baby! I like being called Chen!'

Jiyoung winked. 'Araso, araso Mr Ladies Man...' 

'Noona!' 

Jiyoung laughed and threw the present at Chen who expertly caught it in one hand. 'Score!!' 

Whilst he was unwrapping it, you passed the other parcel to Baekhyun.

'For me?' he said.

You nodded. 'Ah, I hope you like it' 

You had conveniently overheard Baekhyun complain to Chanyeol about his fear of constantly breaking his phone as he tended to drop it often one night when you were the last one out of the shower. Knowing that it was a problem replacing phones as phones cost a lot of money and money was something the 13 of you were short of, you decided that a phone case would be the best thing for Baekhyun. He wouldn't have to worry about burdening the family with a bill for a new phone.

'Haneul! How did you know I needed these?! And that these are my favorite brand?!' Chen shouted, visibly excited by his present.

He had his new shiny white headphones draped around his neck.

'I noticed you lingering in the music section a little too long when we went to the supermarket together the other day' you said, 'And Jiyoung-unnie told me that these were your favorites'

'You would only ever buy these when I lived with you all' said Jiyoung, nodding her head.

Chen pulled the both of you for a hug. 'Gomawo' 

Jiyoung pretended to tear up. 'Oh Chenny baby, I missed you!' 

Chen nudged her. 'Noona.' he said, sternly. Jiyoung laughed again, obviously amused by Chen's reactions.

'Okay, okay. I'm stopping now. I'll stop... Baek? How do you like your present?'

Baekhyun had just slotted his phone into the case and he shut it with a click.

'Asa! It fits!' 

'Do you like it?' you whispered.

Baekhyun nodded, placing an arm around you.

'It's just what I needed. Haneul, you really do pay attention to us, don't you? It was a good idea of hyung's to let you stay here last year!'

'Funny how you only say that when I buy you a present, Baekhyun' you said, side eyeing him.

Baekhyun's jaw dropped. 'Ani ani ani! That's not what I meant-' 

'Hmph'

'Wait, Haneul! I didn't mean-' 

Sehun patted Baekhyun on the back. 'Hyung, she's just teasing you. Don't worry so much!'

You smiled to yourself. Knowing how much everyone cared for you made you feel like you were part of a family again. After losing your real family and going through numerous other difficulties when you first moved to Korea, you were glad to have found hope with the 12 good looking boys who were supposedly living in their own world dubbed EXO Planet, away from everyone else in the school, never interacting with anyone else but themselves and staying together no matter what. Knowing that you were the first girl into their dorm and allowed to live on the so called 'prestigious EXO floor' in your dormhouse last year made you feel special and knowing the boys were there for you no matter what, gave you the feeling of being invincable.

 

'Haneul...' Sehun quietly whined.

You could tell that the boy who had previously been the maknae (until you arrived) was starting to get impatient with his present. You took out a bag that was inside another bag and passed it to him.

'This is the bag from the bookstore...' Sehun said

'So what? You should read more anyway!' Suho said to his dongseng. 'I keep telling you to read more!' 

'Hyung! Stop at me! It's bad enough that I have to share a room with you and you tell me to read all the time there too!'

Kris chuckled to himself. Boy am I glad to have Lay in my room. 'What book is it?'

Sehun reached in and took out the book, taking care not to scuff the edges.

'Aish, it's thick. Yah, Haneul-ah, did you team up with Suho-hyung to buy me this?...' 

You swatted him. 'No I didn't, actually. Now hurry and look at it, slow poke. Aish, you're killing me, Sehunnie!' 

'It looks like a textbook...'

Sehun took the book out of the wrapping and everyone craned their necks to see what it was.

The idiot's guide to Conversational Japanese

You had remembered Sehun casually mention to you in Japan that he wished he could understand what everyone was saying. His drama class was now studying a Japanese play in class so you decided that a book teaching conversational Japaese would be very useful for Sehun.

'Idiot? I'm not an idiot!' Sehun yelled

Everyone laughed. 'Oh really? Are you really not an idiot, Sehun-ah?' said Luhan grinning away.

'Hyung! How dare you say that! You know I'm not an idiot!'

'Pabo Sehun-ah!'

'Hyung!' 

They chased each other around the room for a few seconds until Kris grabbed hold of Luhan's collar, pulling him back and Chanyeol stepped out of his room, crashing straight into Sehun who wasn't looking in front of him.

 

'Ouch! Yah, Sehun-ah! Why are you running?'

'Luhan-hyung chased me!'

'Hyung, how old are you?' Chanyeol said, sighing.

Luhan mimicked him. 'Hyung, how old are you?' 

'Stop that'

'Stop that'

'Seriously, stop that'

'Seriously, stop that'

'Aish, jinja!'

'Aish, jinja!'

'I love Haneul Shin'

'I love Han-... Yah!'

You fell to the floor laughing. Even Luhan himself cracked a smile. Jiyoung stood up, her arms folded across her waist.

 

'What do you want, Park Chanyeol?'

'N-Nothing...'

'Nothing? You sure?'

'Yeah... Well...'

'Well?' 

'I'd love to know what Haneul and noona bought me'

'Who says we bought you anything?' Jiyoung said. 'Surely seeing noona is a present in itself?'

Chanyeol bit his lip.

'Noona...'

'Yah, Park Chanyeol! I flew all the way to Korea to see you and this is all I get?! You only care about a present and not about your blood sister?! Haish! You make me so sad!'

'Noona, I'm sorry...'

Jiyoung didn't say anything. She caught your eye and sneakily winked at you.

Unnie, you bad woman!

'Oh, how pitiful. My own baby brother doesn't love me. How will I ever find a husband?!'

Lay quickly caught on to what Jiyoung was doing. 'Chanyeol, how could you do this to your sister?... Noona, it's okay. You have us!'

Xiumin joined in. 'That's right. Even if Chanyeol doesn't appreciate you, we do!'

'And we love you!' said Tao rushing over and giving her a hug.

Chanyeol watched on. 'N-Noona... I'm really sorry. Please don't be mad... Noona?'

Jiyoung began to quietly laugh.

'Noona?' 

Suddenly, she erupted into a howling laughter- the kind when you're out of breath and you start to laugh and then you end up not being able to stop laughing for the next 10 minutes because if you stopped laughing, you'd stop breathing and die from lack of oxygen.

'Noona!'

Chanyeol stomped over to his sister, ready to playfully punch her but you tugged on his shirt.

'Haneul?'

'Yeollie, don't be mad at unnie. She's only winding you up... Here's your present' 

Chanyeol sighed, slightly calmed by your words.

'My present? So you did buy me one!'

Jiyoung hooted with laughter again, this time collapsing on the floor in a heap of giggles.

'Noona!'

'Unnie!'

She gave you a thumbs up to show she was okay but stayed on the floor in a fit of laughter. Chanyeol shook his head, tutting.

'What is it?' he said, shaking the small flat box.

'Open and see'

Chanyeol took off the lid and inside was a bracelet which had been plaited using 3 thin leather strips. You gently unclasped the hook and fastened it around his wrist. It fit perfectly on him- not too loose, not too tight.

'It's beautiful...' 

'It's really leather too, Chan Chan! Jiyoung managed to stutter out.

'Th-This... Ah, noona, you shouldn't have!' Chanyeol said, ignoring the 'Chan Chan' comment. 'It's lovely! Best bracelet ever!'

You shrugged and smiled, happy that everyone else was so content with their presents. Chanyeol lowered his head and whispered into your ear.

'Thank you Haneul-ah...'

You found yourself slightly blushing at the sound of his deep voice. You could feel his breath tickling the hairs on the back of your neck and you had to stop yourself from shivering.

'H-Hehe, it's... it's okay, Chanyeollie'

 

Xiumin sighed.

No one heard him,

He sighed again, louder.

No one paid attention to him. 

He started to grow impatient and coughed loudly. 

'Hyung hasn't had a present!' Chen quickly said.

You gasped. 'Oh God, I completely forgot! Ah, mianhae Xiumin. Your's is here'

You passed the present to Xiumin who carefully unwrapped it. 

What is this? It's soft as well as hard. It's rectangular shaped. It's bendable but still stiff... 

'What is it?' Xiumin asked.

Jiyoung shook her head. 'Open and you'll see!'

Whilst biting his lower lip, Xiumin dutifully began to unfold the paper.

'Hyung! You're too slow! We haven't even eaten dinner yet!' Tao whined.

'Ppalli! Come on!' said Sehun, also joining in.

'Yah! Don't rush me!'

'What is it?! What is it?!' Tao cried out

'What does it matter to you? It's my present, not yours!' 

'But we want to see hyung's present too! Pleaase?' said Sehun

'Sehun, don't try your aegyo on me-'

'Hyung! Please open it to make them shut up!' Kris yelled.

'Aish, araso araso. I can't have gigantasaurus here yelling at me...' Xiumin said.

'Gi-Gigantasaurus?! Hey, hyung! Did you just call me that?!' said Kris

You laughed, 'Well what are you if you aren't a gigantasaurus?'

'What about Chanyeol? He's a giant too!'

'Not as gigantic as you, oppa' 

'Cheh. At least I'm not small like you, Haneul!' Kris retorted, his ego hurt slightly.

'Hyung, don't be mean to Haneul!' 

'Yeah hyung! Pick on someone your own size!'

'Kris can't pick on anyone his own size. He's a gigantasaurus, remember?'

'Oh yeah! Ah Kris, I'm sorry' said D.O, bowing 90 degrees

'Don't joke around, D.O!'

'Mianhae bro' D.O replied, smirking.

The friendly argument could have gone on for ages but it was temporarily halted by Xiumin screeching at the top of his lungs.

 

'Why is there an almond in here?!'

Everyone looked over towards him and you sidled up to him, taking the wallet which was your present to him. Taking the almond out of the coin compartment, everyone looked baffled.

'Haneul, did you put the almond in there?' said Jiyoung

You nodded. 'Ne, unnie. I bought one whilst you were looking for the scarf and hat set for Luhan-oppa and Kai-oppa.'

'Why did you buy it?' said Lay, clearly interested.

You shrugged. 'It's something I've done for a while. When I was in 8th or 9th grade, there was a new student in my class who always kept an almond in her purse and for my birthday one year, she gave me one too.'

'An almond? What would you want an almond for?'

'Well old witchcraft stories say that an almond in your wallet or purse or pocket or just wherever you keep money, can bring you money and basically make you richer'

'Ey, does that even work?...' said Chanyeol 

'Not sure. But I did find a ten pound note the next day on the floor so I think it's pretty good' you replied

'I don't believe it'

'Well I'm willing to try. The idea of more money sounds like something we need' said Xiumin, giving you a one armed hug whilst still admiring the leather wallet.

 

'Are you boys all happy with your presents?' said Jiyoung

'Yes!' everyone cried out.

'Will you all relax and chill out a little now?' 

'Yes!'

You saw Kai stiffen and your heart ached a little for him. 

'Oppa?' you said

'Yeah?'

'Will you relax a little? Please?'

Everyone turned to look at him. They all knew Kai. 

'I-I...'

'Kai, you should take a break now and then. It won't kill you' said Kris 

'You don't even see your brother anymore, Kai so it doesn't matter about beating him' said Lay

Kai looked at you and you could see him pleading with you.

'Oppa?'

He sighed. 'Araso, I'll calm it down a little'

You smiled and he smiled too to reassure you.

Haneul, I'm sorry but I have to lie to you. Working constantly is like an obsession. Being better than my brother is like an obsession. I just wished you would understand.

 

 

 


AND THE PRESENTS ARE DONE! ^^ 

Okay, EXO related news! Have you all seen the videos of the Maxstep MV featuring Kai, Luhan, Hyoyeon, Taemin, Eunhyuk and Henry? ^^ Ahhh, I'm so happy Henry is there! I was wondering though... Isn't Lay the main dancer in M? Surely he should have been in the MV since they used the mains from each group? I assume they put Henry as the dancer for Suju M since Eunhyuk is already there ^^ HENRY LAU FEELS <3 oh I've missed you mochi cheeks!

Aside from EXO, WHO IS EXCITED FOR B.A.P COMEBACK?! Ah, Daehyun, can I please have you back on my screen juseyo?... AND BLOCK B's COMEBACK IS MAKING ME GO CRAZY! Have you heard '닐리리맘보'? It's just so... Block B? Hahaha does that even make any sense? ARGH, I've been listening to their entire new album on Youtube and dear God, can I please just give props to Zico? Best composer ever! I've only been into Block B since Nanrina but ah, their music is just L-O-V-E.

Waah, tomorrow is a scary day... I have to stand up and give a speech about why I'd like to be a prefect... I'm so bad at speeches, I always go bright red and if thats not embarassing enough, I always mess up. Well, wish me luck? <3