♥ Four Seasons Later

A Dose of Exo

Author: joreune Plot Description: NIL | Characters: Exo Tao / reader  Song Recommendation: NIL Special Purpose: NIL | Author's Note: This is actually my compo entry! But the guy in the one I submitted to my teacher was Kwangmin from Boyfriend

 


 
 
Tao, you and I got together for less than a year, but those months were some of the sweetest moments in my life.
We lost contact immediately after that day, the day which the both of us decided to go our own ways, and I miss you dearly.
Sometimes, I really wonder if you ever think about me...
 
 
 
 
Seagulls lined up along the shore as I stepped onto the soft sand, it was like as if the seagulls were welcoming me back to this familiar beach. I sat at the spot where you and I used to have picnics together with our families, friends or just the two of us. This beach didn't change much even after a year we broke up; there were still fishermen at work and airplanes were constantly flying by. Especially now that it's summer again, the beach was once again filled with people.
 
I looked around and noticed a couple strolling. Tao, do you remember the times we walked together like that, side by side, with my hand in yours, along the shore? I still remember, last summer before we broke up, you told me I was the first girl you ever walked along the beach with.
 
I tried not to think about the past by observing the diligent fishermen working instead. I felt that I distracted myself well, but I ended up sinking deeper into our memories. Remember that time when I wanted to go over to help the poor fisherman who was tangled among the fishing lines? Spring time is probably the season with most fishes, that's why the fishermen were all over the place. Thankfully you stopped me, otherwise I would have gone there, caused more trouble and made a fool out of myself.
 
I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up. The sky was dyed orange by the setting sun. An airplane cut through my range of vision and memories of you and I flooded my mind again. There was one night, an airplane was flying lower than usual, causing an unbearable loud noise. You, knowing that I hated loud noises, clasped your hands over my ears, and blocked me off of those horrible noises. Though I could still hear the loud noises, I enjoyed how sweet you were being. We were out till late that cold winter night because I wanted some seashells, and coincidentally, that couple happened to do the same.
 
Boats were cruising out into the ocean, causing waves to crash onto the shore and scaring the seagulls away. The couple settled down on the place where the seagulls were and started chatting about their lives. I then thought of the day when you confessed to me at that very spot. It was Chen's birthday and he had a barbecue party in this park. You and I were strolling on this beach when you suddenly confessed. I found it cute how you got Sehun to deliver a bouquet of flowers to you so that you could make the confession look like a movie scene. It did looked like, but it was even better. Although I didn't accept you on the spot that autumn, now that you weren't by my side anymore, that day felt like a lie.
 
Tao, why did you choose to break up with me on that summer which was so close to our first year anniversary?
Why did I agree? 
And do you know that even after a year of our breakup, I still remember all these?
Today is exactly a year after our breakup on this exact same beach which you confessed to me. I don't know what brought me back here, but I still don't see what do you see in walking along the beach alone.
Especially on this beach, the one that is filled with memories of us...
 
Ughh. Why can't my thoughts just leave me alone?!
 
I shed a few tears and rested my head on my knees. For that few minutes, I was too upset to even breathe properly, let alone move.
 
After composing myself, I stood up and walked around. A group of children who were experiencing troubles building their sandcastle caught my attention. I went over to help them keep their castle in shape as they continued piling more sand around to make it more stable. The children seemed really thankful.
 
After a while, I realised I lost the children's attention to something behind me. Curiosity kills the cat, I turned back and there you were, running towards me from afar with a handful of pink balloons.
 
"Tao?" I asked myself as I stood up to face you.
 
You stopped right in front of me and smiled apologetically while still panting. I looked at you in shock as the children giggled behind me.
"I knew you'll be here. I knew you'll come back to this beach." Tao panted.
 
Before I could reply, you offered the balloons to me as you came closer to me and whispered, "I'm sorry. I don't know since when did we drift away, and from where did things went wrong, but I promise you, I'll change. For you and for us."
 
I looked away and smiled shyly. Back at the same beach, you surprised me once again, the beach where you confessed, broke up and patched up with me. You hugged me tight and from our side, I heard the couple said, "just like us before we were married."
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg