★ Am I Smart?

A Dose of Exo

 

Author: joreune Plot: NIL | Characters: Exo Luhan as Luhan / exo as themselves / the reader Song Recommendation: NIL | Special Purpose: 4/7 of the R:C one shot challenge mentioned in earlier chapters.Author's Note: Sorry for reporting late! Was chatting with shinee on line and my grandma forced me to eat dinner before updating LOL.

 


 

 
 
You were reading a story book alone in the canteen when the soccer boys were taking a break from their practice session. One of your friend spotted you and went over to you.
 
"_____! Why are you still in school?"
You looked up and saw Minseok. You gave him a smile and said, "I'm waiting for Junmyeon. Wufan got into some robbery case and Junmyeon had to stand up for him. He believes that Wufan is innocent."
"I see. What book are you reading?"
He then took a seat on the hence across the table.
"Some random novel Junmyeon recommended me. I personally prefer to study than spend time reading these fictions."
 
You then saw Luhan, another person from soccer, creeping up on Minseok with a bottle of mineral water. He placed his finger on his lips, signalling you to keep quiet. 
"Minseok," you said, completely ignoring Luhan's request, "Luhan's going to pour water on you."
Minseok turned around and Luhan slightly jumped back.
"Dang it!" Luhan said.
 
You picked up your book again and said, "childish boys."
"Hey! What childish?!" Luhan then gave a pout.
"Don't deny your childishness. To think you say you're manly."
Luhan frowned and said, "I am. Don't deny me of my manliness."
"Fine, I can see from the amount of time you spend on playing soccer."
Luhan smiled a bit before you added, "you play so much that your results are all so average. You either fail or just pass. You should do something about it. If only you were as smart as Junmyeon."
Minseok laughed and said, "look at the time. We need to get back to the field now. Bye!"
You waved to them without taking your eyes off the book. 
 
Your eyes were on the book but you were thinking about Luhan. Sometimes he tries so hard to be your friend. It's not that you don't like him so you guys don't go well as friends, it's just that you like him too much to be just friends. You like him for his childishness, his weird determination to be manly, and his naivety. The only flaw that you could find in him is his laziness. Sometimes you wish he could be less lazy and maybe study slightly more so that he could be promoted to a better class, which is your class. And you don't really like talking to shallow people. Saying Luhan's shallow is a bit mean but you honestly haven't seen a deeper or smarter side of him before.
 
You then heard someone calling your name from afar. You looked up and saw Junmyeon with Wufan, smiling and waving at you. You guess Junmyeon managed to save that guy. You quickly gathered all your things and ran over to your neighbour so you guys could go home together.
 
 
 
The following day, you and Junmyeon went down for recess together. The first thing that caught the both of your attention was the crowd that was gathered at the first table in the canteen. 
"What's going on?" 
"Hmm, I don't know. Let's go check it out," Junmyeon said.
 
The both of you went over and saw Luhan and Sehun sitting on the bench side by side with everyone staring at Luhan solve a Rubik's cube. When Luhan was done, a few of them applauded and requested him to do it again within 30 seconds.
Luhan shook his head and said, "I've already solved it twice, I'm too lazy to do it again."
"Luhan, we really didn't know you could solve a Rubik's cube," Jongin said.
"I thought Sehun would go around boasting about it," Luhan said and looked at Sehun.
Sehun smiled and said, "it's not me who knows, why would I go around boasting?"
You then said, "Luhan! You can play the Rubik's cube?!"
Luhan turned to you and smiled. He nodded modestly and passed the cube to Sehun.
"Want to see him do it again?" Sehun asked and started messing up the cube.
 
Sehun passed Luhan the messed up cube and Luhan sighed but still carried a smile on his face. 
Chanyeol used his phone's stopwatch to time Luhan as Luhan solved the cube at ease.
"Woah Luhan! 23 seconds! Not bad!"
"Gosh Luhan, you're amazing!"
"It's really nothing," said Luhan, "you guys can pick it up too. Go and search online!"
"I tried to pick it up once from learning online," you said, "and I failed."
Wufan patted your back, "I know how you feel."
 
Everyone laughed. After the laughter died, Luhan looked at you and ask, "if you don't mind, I can teach you."
"Really?!"
Luhan nodded. You're more than happy to have Luhan teaching you.
"Yes, please!"
Sehun clapped and said, "I didn't know knowing how to solve a Rubik's cube is smart to you, _____. So is Luhan smart now?"
You were a bit shocked at how Sehun knew you thought Luhan wasn't smart, but you nodded since Luhan did impressed you.
Their whole clique laughed and clapped. 
 
They seem to be hiding something from you, so the confused you could only look at all of them. Minseok noticed your lost expression and decided to drag you away to get some chow.
 
After you left, Yixing said, "Luhan, good job on impressing her."
"Thanks. But I wouldn't have known she had been interested in the Rubik's cube if it wasn't for Junmyeon."
"And you wouldn't have known she thinks that you're stupid if it wasn't for me," Wufan said.
Junmyeon elbowed Wufan, "Luhan isn't stupid. And she didn't say Luhan is either. She just didn't find Luhan smart."
Baekhyun then added, "well, we can see that Luhan is smart from the way he planned this to be incidental."
 
But to be honest, that wouldn't really impress you if you hadn't liked Luhan LOL. 
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg
 

 

Author's Note: 

So many of you guys like this new title and layout! 

This fic will officially be called "A Dose of Exo" then! Paksoo! :D

As for the concept thing, 

the new concept is, every chapter is now what I call a dose.

So reading a chapter is the same as taking a dose of exo.

I like to think of exo as a medication to our fangirl feels ^^

Thank you all so much for being patient! :D

The Luhan shimeji is duplicating as I type...

 

Anything else to tell me? Leave a comment or talk to me on twitter, me2day, my blog