♥ Roses, Sunflowers, Tulips

A Dose of Exo

 

★ Tao, Sehun and Kai || 1538 Words || For Mothers' Day

 


 

I've been working as a florist for quite some time now. The customers had also been really nice and patient with me; I constantly make mistakes and I often mess up the flower species. Of course there were some customers who got angry at me, but I still try me best. Then there were customers who fought among themselves, like the boys who left the deepest impression on me. 




It was only just yesterday when I served them. My boss was out with her boyfriend for lunch, and buying takeaway for me, so I was left to tend to the store alone. 

 

Despite that it was a Saturday, the amount of customers weren't a lot, so I just repacked some flowers, making sure all of them were able to show off their beauty for whoever might buy them. People who patronise flower shops usually gets flowers for others, seldom do people come in to get something for themselves. Everyone who comes in enters in hope of finding that flower which will bring a smile to someone's face, and those three boys weren't exceptions.

 

The bell behind the door rang as it opened to a crack. I turned over to see a tanned boy peeping in. I could see him through the glass door, so I had no idea why was he hiding behind the door.

"Welcome to xxx flower shop!"

He then opened the door wider, but barely enough for him to go through. A person behind him boldly pushed it opened and then pushed the tanned one in. The tanned one stumbled a few steps and turned back to look at the one who pushed him. The one who pushed him then walked in while grabbing onto another boy.

 

All of them were around my age; maybe older slightly. Amusingly, all of them were in similar t-shirts and jeans.

The one who came in first was the darkest (I can't really tell if it was tan or his natural skin tone), and the biggest in size, though he was still skinny.

The second who came in was the tallest, even though he had muscles, he looked skinner than the first one. He wasn't smiling at all, in fact, he looked unimpressed, just like the last boy.

The last boy had milky white skin, a little too white if you ask me. And he's extremely skinny, weak looking. 

They whispered to each other while looking around the flowers. I thought to myself that they were just some boys getting flowers for their girlfriends. I went back to do my things to not stress the three nervous boys. 

 

Finally, the milky skin one came up to me and asked, "how much is a sunflower?"

"It depends on which stalk you want."

"May I see them?"

"Sure, it's right over there." I pointed to his right.

He thanked me politely and went over there by himself. He behaved different from what I thought he would. I thought he would be really rude. 

 

Before I even had time to do something else, the tallest boy then came over to me.

"Does your shop have light purple roses?"

I went over to the area near the counter. We just stocked roses and they were unwrapped and grouped by colours. This was for people who wants customised wrapping and not those already done in the fridge.

 

I pointed at a bunch of roses.

"Will this shade do?"

"That's light blue! I want light purple."

I then looked around the purple roses area and pointed at the lightest coloured bunch.

"How about this?"

"That's too dark."

He looked around all the roses for a while and said, "there isn't the shade she likes..."

"I'm really sorry, these are all we have."

"I'll just make do with another colour then. I want nine—"

 

The milky skin one then came over and interrupted his friend.

"Do you think a handful of sunflowers is nicer than just a stalk?"

His friend looked at him and said, "Sehun, can't you see I'm talking to her?"

"But this is important!"

"What I'm doing is important too!"

 

The boy looking at flowers on his own then came over and said, "Tao hyung and Sehun, now isn't the time to be quarrelling."

"But Kai," Tao said, "Sehun was being rude."

"Hyung, you know Sehun's a brat, just give in to him, since he's the maknae."

 

Sehun gave the triumph face and turned to me.

"So what do you think?"

I thought for a while and said, "it depends. Does whoever you're getting flowers for likes flowers a lot?"

"Not really, but this is her favourite."

"Then maybe 1 to 3 stalks will do?"

"I'll get 3 then."

 

I turned back to Tao and asked, "and you?"

"9 blue roses, please."

"9?" Kai asked him.

"Why? What about 9?"

"People usually get 12 or 99 or something. Why 9?"

"Why can't I get 9? Is it your business?"

"Hyung, why are you so fierce?"

"I'm not fierce, I'm just curious why do you want to question me?"

 

I was saved from the awkwardness when Sehun came and asked me to help him wrap his sunflowers together in some simple wrapping paper. I took the sunflowers from him and went over to the counter. 

I didn't even get to put the sunflowers down when Kai said, "aren't you tending to Tao? Why did you walk away?"

I was a bit stumped and just stared blankly at him.

"Kai hyung, I asked her for help. And you two were squabbling."

"But still, she shouldn't—"

"Hyung, stop being unreasonable. I need her help now."

Seeing them quarrel with each other, I said, "why not I get all the flowers you all want before I wrap any? Fair?"

 

The three of them nodded and I walked out from behind the counter. I then asked Kai, "what flowers would you like?"

"Tulips. Red ones. 5 of them."

"Why 5?" Tao asked him.

"Can we not go through this again..."

I cut them by asking Tao, "what about you? 9 or?"

"Still 9."

 

I went to take all the flowers they want and wrapped them up carefully. As I wrapped, the three of them looked at the flowers worriedly, as if I would hurt the flowers. To divert their attention, I passed them three small cards and some coloured pens that people usually put with the flowers. 

"What is this?" Asked Tao.

"Cards. Do you want to write anything to put together with the flowers? It's free. Just a simple "from your love" or something will do."

The three of them picked up the pens and paper and started to write immediately. It was a really cute scene actually.

 

I was wrapping the tulips halfway when one of the boy asked me, "there's a Mother's Day discount right?"

I looked up to see Kai staring at me. I replied, "only for carnations."

"Oh. It's alright then. And here's my card."

I took the card from Kai and Tao passed me his too at the same time. I quickly taped the paper on a long stick thing and tied it together with their flowers. I passed Kai and Tao their flowers after that and they took it happily. 

"I'll pay first," Tao said.

 

"Sehun, are you done?" Kai asked.

"I'm done, but I'm afraid that she'll laugh at what I wrote."

I laughed a bit and said, "I promise I won't read, okay?"

Sehun then passed me his card and I quickly did everything before passing to him his sunflowers. He was about to take it when Kai took it and read the card. 

"Happy Mother's Day! I love you mummy~ please love me a lot too," Kai read out and laughed a bit.

"Kai!" Sehun was blushing slightly.

 

It then occurred to me that the following day's Mother's Day! I totally forgot about it, I thought it was still far. I even had to be reminded by three boys whom I thought were getting flowers for their girlfriends.

Kai then passed Sehun his sunflowers. At the same time, Tao paid for the flowers. I returned him his change and Kai and Sehun walked towards the door.

 

Tao was keeping his change when I asked him, "may I ask, are you guys getting flowers for your mothers?"

Tao nodded and I asked again, "I thought people get carnations for mothers on Mother's Day?"

"Our mums don't really like carnations. My mum likes roses."

"I see. Sorry for probing."

Tao then gave me a smile, one that made my heart skip a beat. He's really good looking. "It's alright. We'll be going now."

They then walked out of the shop together. My eyes never left them as they left. They were chatting happily and talking about each other's flowers.

 

They walked out of my sight soon. It then reminded me that I need to get something for my mother too. I smiled to myself and looked around the flower store. I didn't expect boys of our age would get flowers for their mothers. I hoped that their mothers liked the flowers. And I hoped that my mum would like what I was planning to get for her too.

 

End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg

 


 

P.s. Just wanted to say that in Korea, they actually celebrate Parent's Day, and not Mother's Day.