★ It All Started In the Library

A Dose of Exo

Author: joreune Plot Description: Oh no. Tomorrow's the last day of your school holidays and your homework is still undone! It's time to trap yourself in the library and get some work done! The closest library happens to be the one in a mall and you decided to spend your whole day there doing your homework. | Characters: Exo D.O. / exo-k / you  Song Recommendation: NIL Special Purpose: NIL | Author's Note: NIL

 
 

 

 
You placed your pen down and shook your hand hard, it was tired from all that writing. You looked at your watch and saw the time.
"5.30pm! How long have I been here! And I still have mountains of undone homework! Okay, I'm just exaggerating. I only have a few past year papers left."
 
You looked up and looked at the table in front of yours. You saw a couple seated there reading a book together. Unsure of what that book was, but the couple sure looked cute anyways. You sighed and wished that you had a boyfriend like the girl too. You relaxed your tired eyes by closing them, and rested your head on the table.
 
 
Bom!
 
 
You raised your head and saw a stack of books piled beside yours. You looked up and saw D.O., D.O. of exo.
 
"Sorry," D.O. said, "I didn't meant to wake you up. All the seats are taken, may I sit here?" 
".... Sure! Sure!" You said happily.
"Omoooooooooo it's D.O. of exo! Exo-k!"
 
You picked up your phone and wanted to tweet about it, but there was no Internet connection here. You wanted to text your friend about it, but for some reasons, your phone didn't had her number. 
 
"That's odd..." You blurted.
"What?" D.O. asked, looking up to look at you.
"Oh, nothing." You replied and smiled.
You lifted your head to take a look at the couple in front, but they were no longer there. 
 
D.O. placed the book he was reading down and picked up another one . You stared at him as he did that and he sort of felt it.
He looked up at you and you quickly said while turning away, "sorry, didn't meant to stare."
"It's alright. I can't seem to find a nice book to read, any recommendations?" He asked.
"Recommendations? Erm... How about The Sweetness of Salt? By Cecilia Galante..." You suggested, "I read it not long ago and I liked it."
"The Sweetness of Salt? Sounds interesting, but slightly kiddish." D.O. replied.
"It's not. It's a nice novel. If you want something more mature you can always read Fifty Shades of Grey," you said unconsciously.
"Crap why did I just say that?!"
"Fifty Shades of Grey? I read that already. I'll go find The Sweetness of Salt. Be right back." D.O. said and left.
 
"Did he just said he read that novel before...?"
 
After a while (like really just a while), D.O. returned with that book and gave you a smile. He sat down and started reading it.
"That was fast. Hmmm, weirdly, no one seems to be noticing him. Are they blind or something? Oh yes, back to doing my work."
You scribbled a few words on a blank although you knew that that wasn't the answer and you had no idea why didn't you change it.
Before you could read the next question, D.O. asked you, "what are you doing?"
You looked at him and saw that he wasn't even looking at you, but you answered him, "homework. School's starting soon and I'm not done with my homework yet."
"I see," D.O. said and looked at you, "need my help?"
"Help? Ahh, no need," you said and tried to go back to doing your work.
 
But D.O. didn't rest, he pulled your book and said, "I'm really free anyways."
"No, it's okay. Really." You then fought for your book. 
"Give it to me!" D.O. said and pulled hard.
Then, a page of your book got torn out of your book. You opened your mouth in shock and looked at D.O.. His eyes were bulging (as usual) in shock.
 
"I'm.... Sorry.. I really am... I'm sorry...." D.O. apologised. 
"It's okay... I'll just tape it back it." You said.
"I'll help you do it." D.O. volunteered.
"It's okay," you said.
"Don't let history repeat itself. Come, give it to me." He said, "go do other work first."
"How did he knew I had other work?"
".... Okay." You passed D.O. your book and the torn out piece.
 
He opened your pencil case and took out a pair of scissors and a roll of tape. Strangely, you didn't had any of these in there from what you remembered. You pulled out a past year paper and started reading the first question. Suddenly, D.O. let out a soft cry. 
 
You at him and noticed that he cut himself by accident. 
"Pabo." You said and went to his side. Pulling out a plaster, you sat beside that cute boy and tended to him. You felt him staring at you but you ignored him.
"Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands." He said.
"What are you saying?" You asked him.
"A quote by E.E. s. I thought you said you read this book?" D.O. asked.
"I did, but why the randomness?" You asked, "and you managed to read so far within such a short time."
"Never mind. It's okay. Thanks," D.O. said and gave you his cute smile. 
 
You went back to your seat and looked at him. He was back to reading The Sweetness of Salt and looked completely absorbed. You smiled to yourself as you thought about just now when he said that line to you.
"Nobody, not even the rain, had such small hands... Does he even know what does that line means? s was portraying himself as a flower, and raindrops can do magic like opening a flower petal. For that line, he was saying that raindrops have larger hands than his beloved, meaning that his beloved can do much more than just using hands to open him up. I don't really know how to put it in words, but once you get the meaning, you just know that D.O. shouldn't be using this phrase on me."
 
You closed your eyes and took a deep breath.
"I'm so tired that I wish I'm home sleeping instead.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hello? Wake up Miss..." 
 
"Whaaat..?"
 
"It's time to wake up." A grumbly voice said. 
 
You opened your eyes and saw the librarian standing beside you. 
"It's closing time. It's time to leave." She said.
"Oh." You looked at the seat D.O. was sitting at.
"Quit dilly dallying and make it snappy! It's already 9 and I want to go home!" She snapped and walked off.
"9pm?!"
 
You quickly packed up your things into your backpack and left the library. You also called home to tell your mother what happened.
"Oh my silly girl. And I thought you were out with your friends having dinner."
"So you didn't cook for me?"
"Nope, sorry."
"It's okay eomma, I'll go buy McDonald's home." 
 
You sighed and walked into McDonald's. While queuing up, you started to think about just now.
"How can I be so stupid? Falling asleep in the library... And how is it possible that I'll see D.O.? Wishful thinking..."
 
Suddenly, you felt something push you from behind. You snapped back to reality and turned around . 
You saw D.O.'s shocked face as he looked at you.
"I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to spill coke on your bag!" D.O. said.
"Huh?" You said and tried to look at your bag.
"I pushed D.O. and he accidentally spilled his coke on your bag." Chanyeol said, who was beside him.
"Really?!" You took your bag off to check. 
He was right, your bag was soaked wet and sticky because of the sweet drink. 
"No! My homework!" You said and tried to save your bag's contents.
 
D.O. squeezed his tray to Chanyeol and went over to you.
"Let me help you!" D.O. said and held your bag for you as you dug out everything. 
"My phone! It's wet!" You said as you took out your iPhone, which is known to be water-irresistant.
"Omo!" D.O. said, "I'm so so so so so so sorry!"
 
After getting everything out, D.O. looked at you and said, "I'm so sorry. Is your phone still working?" 
"I don't think so..." you said and pressed the home button.
"I'm sorry... I'll get you another one!" D.O. said. 
Just then, Suho came.
"What's the matter here?" He asked.
"I spoiled her phone..." D.O. admitted.
"Really?!"
"Yea... And caused her bag to be wet and sticky...." D.O. said.
"This is bad." Suho said.
 
You stood there and looked at them as they brainstormed for something. You then realised that they were all dressed so discreetly that if people didn't payed attention they wouldn't know it's exo-k. 
"I know what, why not you take D.O.'s phone and bag first?" Suho suggested.
"What?!" You and D.O. said in unison. 
"Then we'll take your spoilt phone. We'll go purchase another iPhone for you as soon as possible and we'll call you." Suho said.
"Then?" You asked.
"Then we'll meet up and exchange back what belongs to us, alright?" Suho said.
"I guess so..."
"Great. Just ignore all calls unless it's from someone you know, or your own number," Suho said, "and remember to never pick up calls from our manager. I don't want him to know."
"Oh okay..." you said.
 
D.O. then passed you his bag and his phone. He cleared his bag and left his things with Kai. He then took your phone and kept it in his pocket and threw your bag away for you. 
"Bye, hope we'll meet again soon," you said as was about to leave.
"Wait!" D.O. said and grabbed your wrist. 
You turned around almost immediately and looked at him. 
"Why not, stay a while?" D.O. said, "and join us for dinner?"
You wanted to reject but D.O. gave you his puppy eyes and you smiled and agreed.
 
He smiled and pulled you over to their table.
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg