★ I Ordered Company

A Dose of Exo

Author: joreune / jocheril

Plot: On a certain day, things weren't that nice as usual. Your friends betrayed you and you were left alone at home to cry as your parents were overseas. Then, you got so desperate for attention that you actually decided to call for the nearest shop's delivery and you'll attack the poor delivery person. What will happen?

Characters: Exo Kai as Kim Jong In / you

 Word Count: 1266 words

 


 
 
Just when the clock 9pm, Jongin entered the bubble tea shop while taking his helmet off.
"Jongin! You're back," the owner of the small yet well known bubble tea shop said.
"Yea. And there's something wrong with the motorbike again. It can only travel 2km before dying. It is only mobile again after 10 minutes or so." Jongin said as he walked over to the old man and passed him the key to the bike.
"Again? Then, can you help me send it to repair tomorrow?" The old man said.
"Sure," Jongin said and took his bag, ready to leave for home.
 
"Jongin, do me one last favour. Someone just ordered milk tea just around the corner, use the bike and send it to her then go home. You're allowed to report for work late tomorrow as you must get that bike repaired, araso? Here's some money, return me the rest tomorrow. Use the money the customer paid for the repairs first if the amount I gave isn't enough, or fork out some yourself, I'll pay you back." The old man said.
"Hmm, okay." Jongin said and went to get the key from the old man again.
 
* * *
 
(Because I don't know about the prices out of Singapore, so the currency I use will be SGD. I'm sorry :( forgive me.)
 
"When will my milk tea arrive?!" You thought as you lied down on the couch and raised your legs in the air, "actually I don't really care about the milk tea, I just want to talk to someone! I called for the nearest delivery and yet the person is still so slow!"
 
Then, the doorbell rang.
"Yes! Company!"
You literally ran to the door and opened it. The door swung opened hard and hit the wall, causing a loud noise. The delivery man jumped and blinked at least thrice.
"I'm sorry," you said.
"... Here's your milk tea, miss." The man said.
"Oh thanks !" You said and took your drink. You immediately took the straw, poked a hole and started drinking. 
 
You stood there and drank. The man stared at you. You noticed his stare and looked at him. You gave him a smile but did not stop drinking.
"Miss, you haven't paid yet..." He said.
"Oh yes! How can I forget! Hahaha!" You laughed. 
You actually purposely forget as you wanted him to stay longer.
"It's okay. Hahaha," he laughed along.
 
As you were walking to get your wallet, you thought to yourself, "I actually don't mind company from anyone but this guy is extremely cute!"
 
When walking back, his phone rang. He turned away and picked up his phone. You stood at your door and waited for him. He was speaking quite loudly so you could hear him.
"Hello, Jongin speaking. Kyungsoo? Ah yes, I'm still working, I'm leaving soon. Pizza? Sure. I'll meet you guys at the pizza bar. Bye, see you soon ~" He said. 
 
He turned around and said, "sorry for that. Okay, that will be $2."
"I don't have notes with me. Let me count the coins," you said cheekily. 
You then started taking out cent by cent and counted slowly. 
When you found about $1, it started drizzling. The change in weather made Jongin slightly impatient.
"Miss, can you please hurry up? It's about to rain, and I don't have any shelter," he said.
"I'm sorry. Wait," you said and continued to take out the coins slowly. 
 
Finally you gathered $2 and passed him the handful of coins.
"Thanks. Hope you'll buy at our shop again," he said and walked to his motorbike hastily . 
You stood at your door and observed him. 
He tried to start his bike but it the bike wasn't cooperative. 
 
The rain started to get heavier, making Jongin drenched, but his bike still wouldn't work. 
You placed your milk tea down and grabbed an umbrella. You walked over to Jongin and sheltered him. 
"Huh?" Jongin said as he turned around to find you behind him.
"Don't get yourself too wet. If your vehicle can't work, just walk there with my umbrella," you said.
"Oh no, it's okay," Jongin said.
"No, you'll fall sick and y..." you said before the sudden strong gush of wind blew your umbrella away. 
 
You and Jongin chased for your umbrella. The umbrella then landed on your lawn. You ran over and picked it up. Jongin shouted, "you better get back in! The rain seems to be getting heavier!" 
"Take this umbrella first!" You shouted back and ran towards him. 
You accidentally slipped and fell down.
"Ahh!" You shouted.
"Are you alright?!" Jongin said and ran towards you. 
 
You carried yourself up and looked at your knee. You scrapped it and it was bleeding. It wasn't very serious but it hurts. 
Jongin came by to your side and pulled you up, "let's get you home." 
He then carried you like how man carries his wife on their wedding day (bridal style) back to your house.
 
Jongin placed you down in your living room once he reached the front door.
"I better get going now, bye," he said and turned around.
You reached your hand out and tapped him, "since the rain is so heavy, why not stay for a while more?" 
"I don't think that's convenient..." Jongin said.
"No one's home. It's okay..." you said.
"But you're a g..." Jongin said.
Then you interrupted him, "fine I admit, I'm just looking for company." 
 
He then stared at you as you rant on.
"I just got betrayed by my friends today and my parents abandoned me for their work again. I don't have siblings, my neighbours find me a pain in the neck." You admitted, "I'm so desperate for a company now that I actually called for the nearest delivery service so someone would come and talk to me."
Your eyes started getting teary and you looked away from Jongin. 
"I purposely counted the money slowly so you'll stay longer and I offered you my umbrella so I get to talk to you more. I just want someone to talk to!" You said and sniffled.
 
Jongin moved towards you patted your shoulders, "don't cry..."
Because of that two words, you burst into tears and wasn't able to stop. 
"Ahh! I'm sorry! Please don't cry! I'll stay! I'll accompany you!" Jongin said.
But you just kept crying and even bent forward to hug Jongin. 
Jongin didn't push you away, instead, he hugged you and patted your back gently while softly saying, "this is all just a part of growing up... It will all be over soon, right?" 
 
About 5 minutes later, you let go of Jongin and wiped your tears.
"I'm really sorry... I don't know what am I thinking of. I feel so desperate..." You said.
"Don't feel sorry, I don't mind. And I don't know what am I thinking of now, I don't know why am I thinking of staying with you, a complete stranger," Jongin said.
"So, you're staying?" You asked, "you don't really have too..."
"Yea, as long as you promise to get me dry," Jongin said with a smile.
 
You smiled back and moved aside for him to enter. Just as he was about to enter, his phone rang again. 
"Hello, Kyungsoo?" Jongin said, "ah yes. I'm sorry but I have something on now, I can't join you guys. I didn't mean to ditch you all, I found someone who needs me more." 
You smiled to yourself and thought, "I'm glad my order for company was him, he's such a nice guy."
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg