★ What is Love?

A Dose of Exo

 

★ Xiumin and Kai || 1942 words || KISSES & HUGS SPECIAL

 


 

Minseok waved Jongin goodbye and they both went separate paths. Both of them were off to meet some other person; Minseok was meeting his girlfriend while Jongin was meeting his female friend whom he had a crush on. Minseok accompanied Jongin to where Jongin’s friend lives and there they parted.

 

Jongin friend was sick, and wasn’t present in school that day. As the class chairperson, it was his duty to pass the homework to her, and also pay her a visit.

Jongin checked the slip of paper on his hand to make sure he got the correct address one last time. He was impressed by where she stayed. Only rich people stay in that estate and the houses there looked big and grand. He smiled to himself and went up to the gate.

He was about to press the bell when he heard her voice.

“Jongin! What brings you here?”

Jongin looked into the garden and saw his friend walking towards him.

“I’m here to deliver things to you!” Jongin happily shouted back.

She opened the gate and smiled at him.

“Homework?”

He nodded and said, “And some love and concern from our classmates.”

 

She grabbed Jongin’s hand and pulled him into her garden.

“Come on in!”

“You’re sick,” Jongin said, “why aren’t you in bed?”

She pouted and said, “Who said sick people can’t move around? I’m out here having some tea. My mum told me that some fresh air might be good for me.”

“Yes, it might be.”

She then pulled Jongin to an outdoor table under a tree and offered him to sit down. Jongin wanted to leave after passing her the homework, but because he had a crush on her, he felt really shy and at loss of what to do, he failed to reject her and ended up having some tea with her.

 

Meanwhile, Minseok just reached the theme park him and his girlfriend agreed to meet at. He looked around to find her; it wasn’t hard for him to find her since to him only she matters. It was like as if only she move in time in Minseok’s world. Minseok then found her already queuing up for something! He quickly went over to her.

“Why didn’t you wait for me?” Minseok squeezed her shoulders while saying.

“Minseok!” She said gleefully, “You’re finally here!”

“Sorry for taking so long, I accompanied Jongin to our classmate’s house first.”

“I see. Do you want some cotton candy?”

“Alright. Any rides you’ll like to go on? I can go queue for you first.”

“Go buy some ride tokens first!” She said and pushed Minseok away playfully.

Minseok turned back and pretended to punch her. She reacted dramatically and pushed him again.

 

Minseok laughed and ran off to buy some tokens. Thankfully the queue for the tokens weren’t as long as any other queues there. But still, waiting was a must and he waited patiently behind a family of five. He thought he would be really bored while waiting. He just took his phone out when he heard a commotion nearby.

Not far away, a couple was quarrelling really loudly. It didn’t took Minseok long to understand the whole situation. Apparently the girl thought that her boyfriend gets jealous too easily and she felt that he doesn’t trust her. The boy, however, was trying his really best to tell her that the only reason why he’s like that was because he loves her.

Minseok laughed to himself and thought, “Though I’m not pretty sure what love is, but I’m sure love includes trusting one another. This isn’t love, is it?”

 

While that was going on, Jongin’s friend poured some tea for him and pushed it over to him.

“Do you need sugar?” She asked sweetly.

Jongin smiled and thought to himself that she was sweet enough for him. But he nodded anyway. She then passed Jongin the container of sugar cubes.

Jongin was adding the second cube into his tea when she asked him, “Jongin, have you ever fallen in love?”

He looked up at her. She was stirring her tea slowly. He didn’t reply her, so she looked up at him too. “Have you?” She asked once more.

Jongin rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand and replied shyly, “I don’t think I should be telling you this.”

She laughed and blushed a bit, “Sorry for asking. Just wanted to know something.”

“What is it?” Jongin asked.

“I think I’m in love, but I’ve never fallen in love actually, so I don’t know if it’s love. Sure, I’ve had many crushes, and some even lasted longer than a crush, but maybe they were just some harmless likings. And none of those feelings are like this. Can I conclude if this is love? I’ve been thinking so much about this that I can’t even sleep well… I even dream of him for consecutive nights!”

 

Jongin was a bit lost at what to reply her. He wanted to help her, but he didn’t know anything about love too.

“I suggest you not think too much about it,” Jongin said, “because you need some rest.”

“But I can’t. Everything makes me think of him. For example my dog,” she said and pointed to her pooch running around the garden chasing a butterfly.

“What about your dog?”

“Sometimes when I look at it, I’ll picture that guy and I walking my dog together, or giving it a shower together.”

“That’s random…” Kai said.

“It’s not, it’s cute doing those things together. You boys won’t understand.”

Kai frowned, he was a little upset knowing that that was what she thought of him.

 

Back at the theme park, Minseok just gotten the tokens and was making his way back to the cotton candy booth. Halfway there, he heard his girlfriend calling his name. He looked up in front and saw her running towards him. She tackled hug him and they both burst out into laughter.

“Be careful! And your cotton candy!” Minseok said.

“It’s safe. Want a bite?” She asked him.

Minseok looked for the spot she ate before and ate from there. She gasped and looked at Minseok.

“We just indirectly kissed!”

“So what?” Minseok laughed, “We’re a couple, aren’t we?”

“True, but... but…”

Minseok loved it when she overreacts. He smiled and said, “Come on, didn’t you wanted to ride the roller coaster? Let’s go!”

 

The couple wasted no time and queued up for the ride. While queuing up, they took photos of each other and shared it online with their friends. Nearing their turn, a couple nearby caught their attention.

“I feel like vomiting,” The girl said to her boyfriend as she leaned on him.

“The ride wasn’t even that scary! C’mon! Let’s go try that ride now!” He said, while dragging her away.

“No, I can’t take anymore.”

“Why are you so weak? Don’t be like that.”

The girl then puked, and sadly, at her boyfriend’s shoes.

“Hey you! My shoes cost a bomb! And you just ruined it!”

She then coughed, and more puke came out.

“Gosh, you’re so embarrassing to be with!” He said and left hurriedly.

 

Minseok’s girlfriend then dashed out of the queue to offer the poor girl some tissues.

“Are you alright? Let me bring you to the toilet.”

“What about the ride?” Minseok asked her.

“If you want to play, go ahead. I’ll bring her to the toilet.”

Minseok smiled to himself. His girlfriend was so sweet, even to strangers. Though she does embarrassing things in public too, like screaming his name, he doesn’t feel bad because of that. In fact, he only likes her more.

 

As Minseok waited outside the female toilet, Jongin and his friend continued to sit there in silence. Jongin awkwardly picked up his teacup, but he didn’t get a good grip and he dropped in back onto the table. Tea spilled and dripped on him, but the teacup stayed safe.

“Jongin!” His friend said and dashed over.

“I’m sorry!”

“Why are you as careless I dreamt you to be?”

“Sorry! I really didn’t meant it…”

“Are you alright? Did you scald yourself or something?’

“I’m fine, the tea isn’t that hot anymore.”

 

She took some tissues on the table and dapped Jongin’s arm dry. She then handed him some to dry his pants. She stood by him as he dried himself, looking at him worriedly.

“I’m really fine,” Jongin said and look up to give her a smile.

“Idiot.” She said and went back to her seat.

“Idiot.” Jongin imitated her.

“Hey!”

Jongin then laughed. Seeing that, she couldn’t help but to laugh too.

 

Jongin then recalled her talking about her dreaming of him.

“You dreamt of me?”

“Yea. I’ve been dreaming of your stupidity.”

Jongin laughed, “Was I the only person in your dream other than you?”

“And some people in class. But they only made cameo appearance. The main thing is your stupidity.”

“Awww, can you stop it? I’m really not that stupid.”

She eyed Jongin and said, “Really?”

Jongin mumbled, “Yea… I know the person you like is me, I suppose this makes me smart.”

“You idiot! That’s not smart!” She shouted.

“What?! You heard me?!”

“Yah! And it was meant for you to know! Knowing that should be normal!”

She then turned away and folded her arms together.

 

“Ah, don’t be like that,” Jongin said.

“Don’t be like what?”

Jongin then stood up, “If you’re going to be like this, I’m going to leave.”

“Go ahead.”

“Wha…”

But she didn’t even turn to him.

 

Jongin then gave up and went over to her.

“I’m sorry, okay? I know I’m not smart, I’m slow at getting things, and I get shy sometimes. Like now. I can feel my cheeks burning.”

She then turned to him and laughed.

“It’s not funny… I have no idea why you would like a person like me, but I just want to tell you that I like you too. And like you, I don’t know what love is, but I know for sure that it starts from a simple liking, like the one I have for you.”

“Aww stop it! You’re making me blush. So cheesy…” She said.

Kai then bent over to hug her. “Since we both like each other, we should get together.”

She hugged him too. “Yes we should.”

 

That was how long the girls took to get out from the toilet.

“Girls sure take a long time in the toilet,” Minseok said, not knowing that his girlfriend just came out at that moment.

“I heard that!” She said and smacked Minseok.

Minseok jumped and turned around. His eyes widened and he stood there rooted.

“It’s not funny,” She said, “She puked even more, and I helped her with her make up, it was a bit ruined.”

Minseok turned to his girlfriend’s new found friend. He said, “I’m sure you’ll look fine without make up!”

“Guys won’t understand,” His girlfriend replied.

 

“Let’s finally get started on playing!” Minseok said.

“Actually, I don’t feel like playing anymore,” His girlfriend said, “I feel like knowing my new friend more.”

“Whaaaaat?”

“Shall we meet again tomorrow?”

Minseok sighed but nodded.

“Thank you so much!” She said and planted a kiss on Minseok’s cheek.

 

His girlfriend then walked ahead with her new friend while Minseok followed behind. He wasn’t upset, in fact he was happy. Seeing his girlfriend happy, made him happy too. He smiled and looked up at the setting sky. Some stars were already visible then.

“Thank you stars, for letting me have such a great girlfriend. One that trusts, one that loves, one that cares.” He thought.

 

End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg

 


 

A/N 

Enjoying "A Dose of Exo"?
Leave a comment! Or upvote this story! :)
Thank you if you've already done so! ^_^

What's your otp? Is it sekai/kaihun? Well, it's mine!
So check out my mystery/paranomal fic!
"The Crying House"

Something to tell me?
My twitter is always available,
so is blog! :D