★ The World There

A Dose of Exo

Author: joreune Plot Description: To a world where there's no worries, that's surely a part of everyone's dream. But where is that world? It's just here. And it's scarily close to you. | Characters: Exo Suho / exo-k / exo kris Song Recommendation: NIL | Special Purpose: NIL | Author's Note: This story was partially inspired by this my cousin played for me not long ago, MAMA Music Box Version, really just partially, and this 45seconds is enough to creep you out...

 


 
 
 
"Junmyeon, I don't know why but other than the things you say, you don't seem to have good leader qualities!"
Suho couldn't do anything but to quietly listen to the manager scold him. 
"And then there's Jongin accidentally using a profanity when the fans ring cut him yesterday on the fan sign event. Exo is a group of growing popularity and is recently gaining a lot of attention. We don't want the media to spread bad news of exo right? You know what to do."
 
The manager then took his stuffs and left exo-k's dorm in anger.
 
Suho sighed and plopped himself on the couch. He closed his eyes and leaned his head backwards.
The younger ones then slowly opened their doors to check if the coast was clear. The first to come out from the room was Sehun, followed by D.O. and Chanyeol.
"Junmyeon hyung, we heard what the manager said, we'll try to behave," Chanyeol said as he walked towards Suho.
 
Suho opened his eyes and saw Chanyeol beaming at him. Then there's Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai nodding behind D.O. guiltily. 
Suho smiled at them and said, "you guys better."
He felt happy that s still cared for him, but...
 
"Hey exo-k-rians, guess who's here?"
Everyone then turned to look at the door. There Kris was, taking off his shoes and socks.
"Duizhang!" Baekhyun said.
Everyone standing then went over to where Kris was. 
"Kris, we missed you!" D.O. said.
"I missed my tall leader," Sehun said and peeped at Suho, to see if he was affected by the brought up of heights.
"Hahaha, come on, let's go take a seat!"
 
 
Everyone nibbled on the snacks Kris brought back from China as he shared the story of exo-m being on some interview. 
 
When Kris was done, Suho thought he could finally speak to exo-k, but the members started bombing Kris with questions, making Suho unable to go on. 
 
"Jongin," Suho said and tapped Kai's knee.
"Wait. Kris hyung, so did you reply the interviewer?"
Suho sighed and tried to catch D.O.'s attention instead.
"Did you seriously reply that?!"
Kris nodded and everyone laughed, well, everyone but Suho.
 
Suho then stood up and walked away. He turned back, but no one even turned to ask him where was he going. He just shook his head and went into the toilet.
 
 
After Suho was done, he flushed the toilet and went to the sink. He washed his hands then his face. He looked at his reflection and sighed.
"Suho... Why are you such a failure? You're the leader of exo-k... No, exo, and yet you can't even do a good job. Kris should have been the leader..."
 
Suho was about to leave the toilet when he heard a voice.
"I'm not the useless one. And I'm not Suho."
Suho jumped and looked back. There wasn't anyone else in the toilet, who could have replied him?
 
"You are Suho. I'm still Junmyeon."
 
Suho then turned to the mirror.
"Are you talking to me?"
His reflection changed from a frightened face to a smirk, "what do you think?"
 
Suho freaked out and retreated immediately, crashing the shelf holding the soaps.
"Are you alright?" 
Suho heard someone scream from outside.
"Yea! I just slipped! I'll be out in a while!"
 
Suho took one last glance at his reflection. His reflection still followed his movements, but just bore a different expression. 
"Suho, why are you so scared? I'm your reflection," his reflection said.
Suho just quickly went out of the toilet, ignoring the calls from his reflection.
 
 
* * *
 
 
A few days passed and Suho avoided his reflection as much as he could. But soon he realised he cannot hide from it forever.
 
 
 
Kai threw a lipstick at Sehun, but he forgot to close it before throwing. The lipstick then stained Sehun's white shirt.
"Kai hyung!"
"Oops. Let's use a wet napkin to wipe it."
Kai then used a wet napkin to wipe Sehun's shirt, causing it to smudge. 
"Ahh!" The two screamed.
 
Suho saw the commotion and went over, "what's wrong?"
"Junmyeon hyung..." Kai said and showed Suho Sehun's stain.
"Omo. What caused it?"
Sehun then passed the lipstick to Suho. 
"Oh gosh..."
The coordi noona then went over to ask the boys, "have you all drank some water?"
She saw Kai and Sehun's worried face and Suho blocking Sehun slightly. She knew something was wrong, so she pushed Suho aside and saw Sehun's shirt stain.
"What is this?!"
 
The noona freaked out and looked at Kai and Suho. She then noticed Suho holding the lipstick.
"Suho! How could you be so careless! You are the leader of exo-k! And you all are going onstage within 15 minutes!"
"Noona, it wasn't Suho's fault..." Sehun said.
 
The noona sighed and said, "alright, everyone, go get changed into the black suits in the van."
"Why?" Chanyeol asked.
"Cause the little maknae here stained his white suit."
"Oooooo," Chanyeol said, "alright, let's go."
Suho stood up and the coordi noona said, "Suho, you'll just wear the white suit. We'll make the leader stand out."
"Okay..." Suho said and sat back down.
 
All the other members and helpers around then left for to get the other set of outfits and change in the changing room next door.
Suho packed up a bit of the make up on the table and sighed. He then rested his head on the table and said to himself, "even the noonas think I'm useless..."
 
"No, you're not," a voice said.
 
Suho looked up and saw his reflection. 
"You again!"
Suho quickly stood up and was about to leave the room.
"Wait! Don't go! I don't think you're useless!" 
Suho then paused and turned back to look at his own reflection.
 
His reflection smiled and said, "Suho, finally I can talk to you."
"What do you want?"
Suho then went back to his seat, since his reflection could do no harm to him.
"Nothing, just wanted to cheer you up!"
His reflection then beamed at him. 
 
"Junmyeon," Suho said, "why don't you think I'm useless?"
"Cause you are able to debut under sm! Which is already a fabulous thing. You being a bad leader is sm's fault for choosing you and not giving you enough leadership training."
"Thanks for being so confident in me, but even I have given up hopes on myself. You should too..."
"No! You shouldn't! Even if you can't be a good leader, you'll always do well in something else!"
"What?"
His reflection paused for a while and said, "I don't know yet, sorry..."
Suho shook his head and said, "it's okay." 
Suho then realised that his reflection couldn't move without Suho, but he could speak and show a different facial expression. 
 
"How are you feeling now? Not being able to control your movements," Suho asked as he waved his right hand.
Junmyeon waved his left hand while saying, "I feel like a puppet, hahaha. But at least I have no worries. I don't have to plan my next move, and whether my next move will have any effect, cause I'm just a reflection. I don't feel anything. The only time I feel something is when you stand in front of a reflective surface, only then, I will feel myself move along to you."
 
Suho smiled and asked, "then can you speak usually?"
"Nope I can't," he said.
"Then why are you speaking now?"
"I don't know, really. I just suddenly felt the ability to speak, so I just spoke to you," Junmyeon said.
Suho chuckled, "seriously? I suddenly wonder how is it to be a reflection. It must be really carefree."
 
Suho's reflection then said, "are you really curious?"
"Why?"
"Cause I can tell you more."
"Really? Go on."
"But let me try something, alright?"
"What is it?"
"I want to see you move along to me, may I?"
Suho laughed and said, "why not?"
 
Suho's reflection then slowly moved his right arm, Suho moved his left arm along with his reflection.
His reflection then placed his hand on the mirror, and Suho did so too.
His reflection looked at Suho and Suho replied with a smile.
 
There was suddenly this weird change in the surroundings, but Suho's gaze seems to be unable to move away from his reflection's eyes. 
 
"Why do I feel woozy..." Suho asked.
His reflection then smirked. 
"Thank you, Junmyeon."
"... For?"
 
Suho's reflection then stood up and went around the room.
"I thought you were unable to move on your own?"
His reflection then laughed loudly and said, "don't you feel it yet? I'm no longer the reflection. You are."
"ME?!"
Suho looked at himself and around, nothing seems to have changed. He then saw a poster, and the words were inverted. 
"Oh gosh, this can't be real," Suho said. He was on the verge of tears. 
 
"Well, too bad, this is real. And it will be the scariest reality after 24 hours, when you permanently become my reflection," Suho's reflection said, "I really hate you for making me such a failure."
He then tossed a stool at the mirror, causing it to be smashed into pieces.
 
"WHAT WAS THAT SOUND? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"
Suho turned to the door and saw the other members coming in.
"I think I'm going crazy!" Suho's reflection said and hugged Baekhyun.
"What's wrong?"
"I think I my reflection just spoke to me. I... I'm so scared..."
Baekhyun took a glance at the mirror frame and the other mirrors in the room and said, "let's get out of the make up room first."
Suho's reflection nodded and went out.
 
 
Before they went onstage, Kai looked at Suho's reflection and asked, "Junmyeon hyung, did you change your hair parting?"
"Why?"
"Cause it looks like it's on a different side."
"You're thinking too much. Let's go onstage soon."
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg