♥ Peach

A Dose of Exo

 

★ Sehun and reader || 1343 words || Sehun's Birthday Dose (Pt 1)

This story was inspired by IU's Peach. Although the song was written with Sulli in mind, I felt that the lyrics really reminded me of Sehun, and so here's a special dose of Sehun for his birthday. The more I wrote the less sense it made for me lol.

 


 

 

It wasn’t uncommon for students to be studying in the school’s library, but yet there weren’t much people around this break time, and at the table area, there was only you and me.

‘Oh Sehun’, ‘Oh Sehun’, ‘Oh Sehun’. I found myself constantly scribbling your name in my book, as if your name was a keyword in model answers.

Only a day away from the test, yet I couldn’t get myself to focus on my book. My eyes playfully turned to the window to my right to look at the morning sun which was on its way up the sky, and also to catch a glimpse of you on the other table. My eyes just kept going to that white face of yours.

Why wouldn’t I get sick of you? You on your headphones, reading the textbook that I would be using in two years’ time, spinning a pen with two fingers, biting your lower lip and your new haircut.

 

I fumbled to another page of my textbook when you stood up. Did you see me? Did you catch me looking? Why did you stood up?

Your footsteps got louder as I lowered my head even more. My cheeks were burning, my heart was beating faster and faster. How embarrassing it would be if you were to see me like this, I hoped for that you weren’t coming in my direction.

Slowly, your footsteps got more distant again. You went the other way to the bookshelves instead of coming over here. Although what I hoped for came true, but I frowned as I looked at you walk further and further away. In annoyance I tossed my pen on the table and ran my hand through my own hair.

Though you weren’t around anymore, my heart was flustered from earlier and the butterflies were still fluttering in my stomach. I gently pat my face for the blush to go away, and took long, deep breaths to calm myself down. A bit more I would have gone mad.

 

“Let me help you, I’m tall enough,” I heard your voice from afar.

Who were you talking to? Help who?

I waited and I looked, but I couldn’t see you at all. Where could you be? My curiosity was driving me mad, and every second that I couldn’t see you and whoever you were talking to made me even more nervous. What if you were speaking to a girl? What if she was drop dead gorgeous?

I stood up and went to the nearest bookshelf pretending to be looking for a book. The tip of my finger was on one of the books, but I was scanning the whole area for you, yet I still couldn’t find you. I pulled out the book unconsciously and it fell to the ground. I snapped back to reality and quickly picked up the book from the ground. I was about to put it back when I saw the books on the other side moving, leaving a space and showing your face.

My eyes widened as you smiled at me. I go crazy every time you smile at me; how could you be so pretty baby? My heart gets numb and sore when I see you, and I don’t know if it was from beating too much or you made even my heart nervous. How could I explain this feeling?

“I didn’t know you are interested in computers,” You said, “I thought you liked literature.”

I was slightly confused and looked at the book in my hand. ‘Computers and Technology’ was the title of the book. I smiled sheepishly and made up an excuse, “Well, my cousin is, so I’m helping her—him, to borrow it.”

“Don’t they have this in public libraries?”

I bit my lip and looked around. Why did he say that? “He… He is a student in this school too.”

“Really? What a coincidence.” And your eyes smiled too, just like you. You’re so beautiful, but you will never know.

I gave an awkward smile and ran back to my table and covered my face with the book. That wasn’t the first time we spoke, but it was the first time that there was only you and I. Did you even knew my name?

 

A few minutes of silence and I managed to calm myself down, but when I opened my eyes there you were again right in front of me! At the bookshelf I was at, putting some books back onto the racks. You were only helping the librarian, and I made a fool out of myself to find out, which I didn’t until now.

But being able to know that you were only helping the librarian not only made me happy that it wasn’t just some girl, I was glad to know you were such a helpful boy.

Tell me exactly with what word could I use to describe you? Even with all the words of the world was probably not enough, any word would be an understatement for your perfection. How much I wanted to hide you in my embrace, I didn’t want to share your perfection.

Your legs that are so pretty just by standing still, I wish you could use them to come closer to me. 1, 2, 3; about 3 metres you were from me. The distance between us wasn’t far, but we could always be closer.

 

Like as if you read my mind, you pushed the cart with the books to be returned and headed for my direction. I froze and stared straight ahead, avoiding your direction, in case you would looking in my direction too. Yet once again, to my disappointment, you only pass by me.

I’m not saying this out of a young heart, but I really want to marry you. I didn’t know you well, I’ve only seen the side of you when you were with your friends. And that made me want to know you more. If I marry you, will you show me all sides of you?

 

“Are you alright?”

I jumped and turned around. Why did you ask me that?

“You’re pretty unfocused and edgy.”

My mind blanked out when you said “pretty”. I blinked multiple times at you as I slowly digested what you really meant. Who was I to kid? Why would you see me as pretty?

“You’re studying for science? You have a science test tomorrow right? I just finished my science homework due after the break. Do you need some help?”

My eyes widened and looked at you in disbelief. Did you just offered me help? Were you really going to teach me?

You smiled and said, “Don’t be so surprised. After all, you’re Jongin’s friend, and his friends are my friends too. Or do you not trust me? I’m two years older than you, I should at least know the basics, right?”

 

I was about to accept your offer when the school bell rang. I turned to look at the clock in the library and it was 11.30am, break time was over for me.

“So is it a yes or no?”

“But my break time is over…”

“Today we both end classes at the same time. Meet you in the canteen after school?”

I beamed and nodded. I was packing my things when I suddenly thought of some unusual things.

“But, how did you know I end classes the same time as you?” I asked and raised an eyebrow, “and that I have a science test tomorrow, and I like literature?”

Then it was your turn to smile sheepishly and said, “Let’s just say someone we both know had been telling me things I shouldn’t know.”

You walked towards me and you hugged me, giving me another surprise.

With my tickling voice that only knows you, I said, “See you after school?”

You picked up my things from the table and handed it to me. “See you later.”

 

Although I was walking away, my heart only kept going to you. I really was going crazy, going crazy for you.

 

0end_zpsfd517176.jpg