♥ I'll Marry You Instead

A Dose of Exo

Author: joreune Plot Description: NIL | Characters: Exo Lay as Yixing / you  Song Recommendation: NIL | Word Count: 1210 words | Author's Note: This is for you, my dear cousin who is Lay biased :) I personally like it a lot, but I think it can be better. A lot better. To other readers: Thanks for reading! Please don't stop. If you run I'll chase! :D

 


 

 
"Are you satisfied with this hairstyle?" The hair dresser asked you.
You didn't reply, you were deep in thoughts.
"Hello?" She said as gave you a light tap on your exposed shoulders.
"What? Oh. Yea," you replied, not knowing what she asked.
"Alright, I'll get the make up artist over now," the hair dresser said and trailed off.
 
You looked at your own reflection in the mirror and smiled.
 
"I'm in love with him.
This man.
This man who is obviously a player.
But he told me he loved me
And I believe him.
 
He doesn't have a family. 
My family is rich.
Is he after my money?
Well, it doesn't matter anymore 
Since all I want is him.
 
I'm getting married to him. 
My family doesn't like him.
Yet I love him.
And we don't need my parents approval to be happy.
 
At least my family and relatives came today,
Despite the fact that they hate him."
 
 
 
 
 
"The mirror in the changing room seemed really dusty and dirty. Hasn't anyone been using this mirror? Well, this is a really old church, so I'm not surprised if no one cleans it."
 
"How's everything?" Lay asked as he entered the room. Dressed in a nice suit, Lay looked extremely dashing.
Your make up artist then moved aside to pack her things and let Lay and you converse.
"I'm done with my make up. Just waiting for the time to go out," you said with a bright smile.
Your face then changed, "what are you doing here?" 
"I'm here to tell you something." Lay said.
"What is it?" You asked. 
"All the guests arrived 15 minutes ago," Lay informed you.
"Oh. And?" You asked.
 
Lay looked away. He didn't know how to tell you the truth. He didn't want to break your heart. From his expression, you knew something wasn't right.
"He..." Lay said. 
"He... He's not coming anymore, is he?" You asked softly.
Without looking at you, Lay nodded slightly and exhaled. Your make up artist overheard your conversation and jumped slightly.
 
You waited for the make up artist to leave before carrying on the conversation.
"How come I knew that this will happen yet I insisted on getting married to him?" You asked yourself as you forced a smile.
 
Lay looked at you and saw your deeply hurt expression. He made his way to your side and placed his hands on your shoulders. His caring action made you felt like crying. But you held those hateful tears in.
 
"He left his previous woman for me.
He told me I was different.
I thought he would never leave me.
 
If he was planning to leave, why did he even proposed?
Did he find someone better?
Is she richer than me?
 
I thought I was special,
I felt that I was special,
Until I realised I was just like the others."
 
Lay bent closer to you. His face was beside yours. You looked at your reflection and tried to ignore Lay. He then whispered into your ear, "it's okay. You can cry it all out."
The tears then rolled out voluntarily.
 
"Bastard.
Why did you guys came out?
I bet Yixing's laughing at me now."
 
Lay then wrapped his arms around you. 
"Remember when we first met?" He asked you. 
 
"When we first met? 
That was back then when you were only 10. 
Why are you asking me this?"
 
"Back then, I saw you crying. Remember? It was your birthday party. Your father invited all his friends and my father brought me along. You were crying because you spilled your drink on your dress and was afraid of getting scolded," he said, "then I had to help you clear your mess. I even made a promise, remember?"
 
"That day. I remember. And then, I remember you told me..."
 
"You're too pretty to cry. I'll help you clear your mess from today onwards, you don't have to cry about messing up in the future," Lay said and laughed a bit.
 
You smiled a bit and looked down. At least you stopped crying. He then released you and sat down at a chair nearby.
 
"I'm serious. And did you know I really cleared a lot of your mess? Like that time you messed up your father's documents. I went to help him pack," Lay said.
 
"Oh really? Why?"
 
"I was keeping my promise. I don't even know why I bothered to, it was just a silly promise made back then when we're young and I kept it till now," Lay said, "promises weren't meant to be broken anyways."
 
You looked at him through the mirror and saw him staring at the door. He probably just didn't wanted to look at you.
 
"Well," Lay said, "now this mess you've made is really hard to clear."
 
You looked down again.
"Yixing must be really disappointed in me. 
He was my childhood friend till now and I didn't listened to him when he told me that that guy will eventually leave me."
 
"Yixing, I..." you said.
"Yes?" He said and looked at you. 
"I'll go out and explain the situation. I started this mess, I'll go clear it myself this time round," you replied and stood up.
"No. You'll just get mocked by all your relatives and even your own family," Lay said and stood up too.
"But I can't just let them keep on waiting for something that won't happen right?" You said and walked towards the door.
"Wait! Listen to my plan first!" Lay said and stopped you. 
 
You looked at him and waited for a reply.
Lay took a deep breath and said, "I'll marry you instead." 
"... What?"
"I'll marry you instead. I know you do not like me in that way. Neither do I like you in that way too, but this is currently the best way out," Lay said.
"No, Yixing. No it's not!" You said and pushed him away .
"So you're just going to let them mock at you for the rest of your life?!" 
Everything just went still at that moment.
 
After a few seconds, Lay said to you, "alright, so I lied. I do have some feelings for you, but this feeling wasn't around back then when I first met you. I'm sure this feeling is more than friends or best friends but not at the sibling zone yet."
You looked at him.
"Trust me. I'll take care of you better than he promised," Lay said and lightly brushed your face.
You gulped and nodded.
 
A smile then spreaded across his face.
"They don't know his name right? Nobody actually really cares. I'll just go tell the pastor to change the name."
"Yixing, wait, are you sure about this?"
He nodded and said, "yes I am."
 
 
 
 
 
You held your contented father's arm as the two of you made your way down the aisle.
 
"My daughter, I like Yixing," your dad said.
"Really?"
"Yes. Of course your family knows he's not the person you're supposed to marry. I like how he stepped in to help," your dad said.
"Dad?"
"Yes?"
"... Nothing." 
 
"I was about to tell him I don't like Yixing. 
But then he's right,
Yixing's a nice guy.
I'm sure I'll be happier with him anyway."
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg