♥ MAMA

A Dose of Exo

 

★ Chanyeol and Luhan || 2031 words || KISSES & HUGS SPECIAL

 


 

Chanyeol ran into the living room where his girlfriend was, and she was just sitting on the floor using her laptop.

“Here, a glass of orange juice to give you your daily dose of vitamin c.” Chanyeol said and placed the glass of orange juice by her laptop.

She didn’t thank him, neither did she even turn over to look at Chanyeol. And it had been that way since Chanyeol entered her house. All she ever cared about was her computer, and Chanyeol didn’t even had the slightest idea of what she was doing.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked as he bent over to look at the screen.

“Report.”

“A report for?” Chanyeol didn’t like vague answers.

“Schoolwork! What else? Now I’ve forgotten what I wanted to type… Stop bugging me.”

Chanyeol frowned and moved away. He didn’t see himself as an irritation, he was only caring for his girlfriend.

-

Luhan ran after her as she walked as fast as her legs could carry her. Him who reacted late to her break up could only follow after her, trying to catch up to her pace.

“Wait, we can’t just break up like this. There has got to be a reason behind this, and I demand to know,” Luhan said as he slowed down from running to walking by her.

She just went on walking like as if no one was talking to her. Of course Luhan was no push over; he grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She was obviously unhappy about what Luhan did because she glared at him.

“If you want to go, at least give me a reason.”

-

Finally, after a long time, Chanyeol’s girlfriend shut down her laptop. A smile spread across Chanyeol’s face as she closed her laptop.

“You’re done?”

“Halfway.”

Chanyeol grabbed her right hand and asked, “So do you have some time for me?”

She didn’t turn to him and just pulled her hand back.

“Sorry Chanyeol,” she said, “my laptop just ran out of battery, changing to the desktop now. Sorry to burst your bubble.”

It was easy to tell that Chanyeol was upset, his face showed it all. But she wouldn’t know, because she wasn’t looking.

Chanyeol forced a smile and said, “Alright then, go do your work.”

-

Luhan’s girlfriend sighed and rolled her eyes at him.

Luhan gulped and asked, “Are you angry?”

“Heh, you can’t even tell if I’m angry or upset,” she said.

“You’re upset? About what?”

“Until you’ve found out, don’t expect us to get together again.”

Luhan held her upper arm and looked into her eyes. What he saw was only teary eyes. But what she wanted him to see was her desperation to feel Luhan’s love again.

Is it time that makes a person change? Something she always think to herself.

Luhan used to love her to bits. He used to be able to tell exactly what did she wanted and how she felt. He also said that he was willing to spoil her by giving in to her forever. But time passed and their relationship matured, Luhan stopped trying to read her, and he stopped pampering her.

What exactly made him change was unknown, since he locked his feelings up behind a prison he built himself, and his personality was made up of 0 and 1. He had always been too difficult to comprehend or too simple to think about.

-

Chanyeol’s girlfriend stood up and went over to set up the printer to print the report that she had done. Chanyeol’s face brightened up once again and he sat up straight. He was really excited to spend some time with his girlfriend, the reason why he paid her a visit. Which boyfriend wouldn’t look forward to spending time with his girlfriend whom he hadn’t met for more than a month?

“Ah!” Chanyeol’s girlfriend shouted.

Chanyeol immediately got up from his seat and ran over to her.

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol said and spun her to face him.

“I’m fine,” she said while looking at her right thumb, “accidentally gotten cut by the paper while refilling it in the printer.”

“Paper cuts hurt.”

“Yea. But I’ll be fine.”

 

She then turned away to look for a plaster. Chanyeol reached into his pocket and pulled his wallet out.

“I have a plaster, wait.”

“Oh, thank you.”

Chanyeol then took out the plaster and just threw his wallet somewhere. He took off the wrapper as he walked over to her.

She reached her hand out, wanting to take the plaster from him. But he said, “Let me put it for you.”

“I’m fine, I can do it myself.”

Chanyeol grabbed her hand and said, “I want to do it for you.”

 

Chanyeol gently wrapped the plaster around her thumb. He then looked at her.

“You’re done right? You can let go of my hand now.”

“I realised you’ve never looked at me since I stepped in. Not even once.”

“What’s there to see? Can you let go of me now?”

“Don’t you miss me?”

“We had been video calling each other online, hadn’t we?”

“Don’t you miss me in person?”

But she still didn’t look up at Chanyeol.

-

“If don’t tell me how you feel, how am I ever supposed to know?”

Luhan’s girlfriend sighed and turned away.

“You used to guess.”

Luhan laughed and said, “So you want me to guess your feelings forever?”

Her expression then changed. She blinked a few times and said, “You mean, you don’t plan to?”

“I can’t possibly do it all the time right? This is a relationship between the two of us! We both need to give in a little.”

“Do you think I’m not giving in? Am I not giving in?” She glared at Luhan and said. She then somewhat shouted, “If I hadn’t been giving in our relationship would have ended long ago! And you yourself know that this is a relationship involving two people then why is that it feels like as if I’m the only one who’s loving?!”

 

Luhan was shocked by her sudden retaliation and stood there frozen with eyes opened wide.

She then carried on, “It feels like as if I’ve lost your devotion to something. And I don’t have a clue what that thing is! Another woman? Your new pet? Or that new apple iTouch of yours?!”

“Now you’re jealous of an iTouch?”

She shook her head in complete disappointment.

-

“Why?” Chanyeol asked, “Why don’t you want to look at me?”

He stared at her and waited for an answer. At first he thought he was being too sensitive, but from the way she avoided his questions, he knew it wasn’t just a feeling.

The silence made Chanyeol thought deeper into this. Did she not like him anymore? Did she found a better guy?

“Chanyeol…” She finally spoke. “I feel uncomfortable…”

Chanyeol then loosen his grip on her wrist, but still holding on to her, and still keeping his eyes on her.

“No, not that. I feel uncomfortable having you staring at me.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know…”

 

Chanyeol released her at last and turned over, so that his back would be facing her instead. Despite him not looking at her, she refused to look at him.

“I don’t get it. You used to say I don’t talk to you much, and I don’t appreciate you enough. But now, here I am, trying to admire your beauty, and you’re there avoiding me. Do you still like me? You don’t like me anymore, right?”

“No Chanyeol, I don’t feel that way…”

He swiftly spun around and asked, “Then why can’t you look at me? Is my face that repulsive that you don’t want to look at it anymore? Why is it, that you can no longer tell me you like me?”

“Don’t say that… I still look at you when we video chat, right?”

 

It then hit Chanyeol that she had forgotten how to interact with others in person, how to express herself, and how to love.

She had been so engrossed in doing well for everything in school that she spends long hours on her computer.

The both of them weren’t always free on the same time, so they talk to each other online. And occasionally, video chats.

Overtime, she just lost it.

Strange, but it happens.

-

Luhan scratched his head. “I don’t get it! Why are you angry that I have an iTouch?”

“Luhan, is your iTouch the only thing you play? What about your computer games? Aren’t they games too?”

“So you don’t like me playing video games?”

“Not that I totally want you to stop playing it, but haven’t you realised? All you ever talk about to me is your games! And you’ll even cancel our date just to play with your friends at some internet café!”

Luhan knit his eyebrows; was he really like that?

“What else is that you’re even forgetting how to feel like a human!” She shouted. “You can’t tell if someone’s angry or sad, you can’t tell if someone’s happy or glad, you can’t even tell if I’m annoyed or disappointed anymore!”

“I’m trying! I really am!”

“Then Luhan, what am I feeling now?”

 

Luhan thought really hard about this. He didn’t want to blow his chance.

“Angry.” He inferred, because she was shouting.

She laughed and some tears flowed out from her eyes. “I’m not, Luhan.”

-

“You used to read my emotions like a book,” Chanyeol said, “and you used to be such a good public speaker.”

Chanyeol then pulled her in for a hug.

“But now, I feel like as if I’m in love with a machine. Just a shell, with a system working inside of it. Something which has movements, speech and ability, but no feelings, and people skills. It really feels like I’m hugging… nothing.”

He blinked a few times while waiting for her response. But the respond never came. There was another response though, from Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

“Are we really going to be like this; not ever looking into each other’s eyes again? Not ever going to talk to each other in person? And are you never going to tell me you like me anymore?” He asked one last time.

And even at that point of time, she refused to say anything. Chanyeol didn’t know how she felt. Even if she was upset, he wouldn’t know.

Chanyeol just released her and went to fetch his wallet and phone.

“I don’t want to date a lifeless person. I don’t want to be the only one loving in this relationship. Who can give a relationship their 100% and not expect anything in return? There might be some, but not me. I’m not one of them.”

 

Chanyeol wiped his tears and went over to her house’s front door.

“Until you find back yourself, we’re through.”

-

Luhan said, “If we truly love each other, nothing else matters, right? I don’t really have to guess your emotions right?”

She shook her head and said, “I loved you because you told me you’ll take care of me. You promised me you’ll be the best boyfriend ever. I didn’t need all that but you insisted. You started out great but now… If you can’t keep your promise to the end, why did you make it in the first place?”

 

Luhan’s girlfriend then walked off really fast. Of course Luhan chased again. But even after the long conflict, he still couldn’t accept that it was his fault.

He kept on calling for her but she stopped stopping for him.

She went in a convenience store and Luhan followed too. She went one round around the tall shelves and Luhan couldn’t catch up.

 

Luhan looked all around the convenience store for her but she was no longer around. He then went out of the store and shouted her name. There was no response and Luhan started to feel teary.

“Please come back! I’m feeling something now! I’ll change!” Luhan shouted, but still there was no response.

He then finally realised that it was already too late to get his emotions back, and this was the end of their relationship.

 

End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg