★ 1+1

A Dose of Exo

Author: joreune Plot: NIL | Characters: Exo Chanyeol as Chanyeol / the reader Song Recommendation: NIL | Special Purpose: R:C one shot challenge mentioned in earlier chapters.| Author's Note: Hello, I'm joreune again! 

 

 
 
You sighed and closed your math textbook.
Chanyeol lifted his and looked at you from across the table.
"Giving up already?"
You nodded and rested your head on your book.
"I don't even know the basic rules to indices! I'm surely going to fail this test tomorrow."
 
Chanyeol laughed and pulled your ponytail.
"What do you think I stayed back today with you for?"
You looked at him and said, "you're going to teach me?"
"Of course!" 
Chanyeol then moved to the seat beside yours.
 
Chanyeol had been your friend only from the start of that year but he treats you like his best friend. No, better than his best friends (who is Kris and Baekhyun who are left with each other lol). You didn't want to admit it but you sort of had feelings for him because you suspect that he likes you. Of course you weren't sure, and it'll be embarrassing if he doesn't.
 
Chanyeol flipped your book open again and used the first question as example.
"You see, these two number is the same. And because you're suppose to multiply them, you just have to add their powers," Chanyeol said.
"Why?"
"5 cube is actually 5x5x5 right? So 5 multiplied by 5 to the power of 5 is 5x5x5x5x5x5x5x5."
"Woah," you said, shocked that it's so long.
"And it can be condensed to 5 to the power of 8, which is just adding the powers."
You nodded, "I think I get it."
"Good. So this is rule one."
"How many rules are there?"
"5, or was it 10..."
 
Your eyes widened and you let out a long groan.
"I don't want to do this anymore!"
Chanyeol gently hit your head and said, "it's really simple! Rule two goes the same way as rule one, only it's divide and minus!"
You shook your head and said, "I'll just skip school tomorrow!"
"You can't do that!"
"So I can! Or I can just tell our teacher tomorrow that I've been absent for the past few days and I wasn't around for the lessons. Which is true; so I can't take the test."
"He did ask you to go find him, only you didn't..."
"Chanyeol!"
 
Chanyeol placed both hands on the side of your head and controlled you back to facing the book in front of you. 
"Fine, you can tell him that tomorrow. But in case your plan fails, rule three is (a^m)^n = a^mn."
You sighed and let him go on explaining. You then decided to not stop him even if you didn't understood what he taught, just to let him know you can't do math for nuts.
 
"So as a practice, do these questions," Chanyeol said and circled out a few simple questions.
"Alright," you said and smiled at him.
 
You ended up doing only two of of the six he selected.
"Why didn't you do those?"
"I don't know how to," you said and smiled cheekily.
"Weren't you listening?" Chanyeol asked, "or did you not understand what I taught?"
"I didn't understand what you said."
He sighed and said, "let me teach you again.
Your smile immediately faded when he was so persistent.
You then decided to try something else; you'll just say you don't know to anything Chanyeol says.
 
"Do you know how to do this now?"
"Nope."
Chanyeol did one step for you and asked, "what about now?"
"Nope."
He scratched his head and said, "I'll finish this question and you'll do the other question the same way."
He finished it and asked you to do the other question.
"I still don't know how to do this."
 
Chanyeol eyed you and you couldn't help but to laugh a bit. He saw through your lie and said, "quit fooling around! If you really try, you'll realise it's as easy as 1+1."
You turned to Chanyeol and started doing the cutie player.
"1+1 gwiyomi
2+2 gwiyomi
3+3 gwiyomi," you said as Chanyeol laughed and shook his head. You then went on.
"4+4 gwiyomi
5+5 gwiyomi
6+6—" 
You were about to smooch your finger when Chanyeol grabbed both your hands and stole a kiss from you.
Your heart skipped a beat and you stared at Chanyeol.
"Gwiyomi," Chanyeol said.
 
You didn't know how to respond. You didn't stop looking at him, neither did his eyes leave yours. 
He then broke into a smile and said, "gwiyomi, let's move on to rule four, okay?"
You were so tense that you couldn't respond properly.
 
Chanyeol noticed it and said, "I know you like me, and I like you too. After this lesson, I'll bring you out for dinner alright? As our first date."
You smiled shyly and said, "who agreed to be your girlfriend anyways!"
 
Chanyeol just laughed and controlled your head back to facing your book again.
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg