★ My Guiding Light

A Dose of Exo

Author: joreune Plot: It was winter break and almost all students were enjoying their holiday. You were not one of them who enjoyed the holidays because at the start of the holidays, you got into an accident and became temporarily blind. Since your mother had to work and your dad is overseas, everyday you'll be put at your granny's. Your mother will then come and bring you home in the evening after dinner-- sometimes. So what happens during the times they can't come and fetch you? | Characters: Exo Chanyeol as Chanyeol / you  Song Recommendation: NIL Special Purpose: NIL | Word Count: 1949 words  | Author's Note: This has got to be the worst dose lololol. 

 


 
 
 
Every Morning
"Alright sweetie, behave yourself, do not give your halmoni too much trouble," your mum told you.
"Eomma, you tell that to me everyday you put me here. Hahaha." You said as you got off the car slowly. 
Just then, from ahead, you heard your grandma shouting your name.
"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm here again!" You shouted.
"Let's get you in," your mum said and held your left hand. You held on to your walking stick using your right hand and followed your mum.
 
* * *
 
You sat down on the couch, with your shoes worn and your bag all packed. Your both hands held onto your walking stick tightly as you waited for your mum to come and fetch you. Your grandma sat beside you and patted your hands gently, assuring you that she'll care for you till she dies. Age was catching up on her, hence you didn't liked stressing her too much, but sometimes you just couldn't resist the affection she shows for you. 
 
"Aigoooo. It's so late already," your grandma said, "where could your eomma be?" 
"I don't know. Let's give her time, she must have her reasons," you replied.
 
Suddenly, the telephone rang. You felt your grandma's hand leave your hand, but the sound of the telephone ringing only stopped around 30 seconds later. 
"If I was still able to see, I could reach the telephone within 10 seconds. Halmoni must really be getting old and weak, I can't rely on her to help me do everything" you thought. 
 
You heard your grandma's footsteps as she returned and you asked, "halmoni, who was that?" 
"It's your eomma. She called to tell me that she's stuck in the company because her friend is sick today and she needs to stay behind to finish up her friend's work" your granny said.
"Oh."
"She told me she won't be free till probably 10pm, so she won't be able to come and pick you up so early. Knowing that you sleep early and you're unable to sleep on any bed other than yours, I told her I'll send you home."
"But halmoni, it's quite late, it'll be extremely late by the time you get home..."
"What do to? Only for you, my dear." Your grandma said and patted you. You pictured her doing this with a warm smile.
You smiled back and said, "I can go back on my own." 
"Nonsense! You can't even see!" Your grandma said.
"I can't but I remember the path back."
"No, it's too dangerous!" Your grandma said.
"Halmoni, trust me on this. I can do it." You assured as you stood up.
"No, I'm not letting you go," your grandma said as she tried to stop you. 
 
The telephone then rang again. Your grandma pulled you with her over to the telephone. It was your mum again.
"Yes, we're still home." Your grandma said.
You then took this chance to run away. 
"Hmm, she's still with me," you heard your grandma said. 
When you picked up your bag, you heard your grandma said, "where are you going?! Come back!" 
You fastened up your speed and quickly opened the door. You walked really fast out of her apartment and into the lift.
"I'm sorry to make you all worry, but I don't want to be so dependent..."
 
 
 
You were at the ground floor of the block your grandma was staying at. With your walking stick, you made your way out of the block with ease and onto the streets. The time should be around 7.30pm then, you were still able to make it home without much danger.
 
Just when you thought that nothing would go wrong, a person ran past and banged you down.
"Oh! I'm sorry!" The lady said as she returned to help you up.
"I'm fine," you replied with a smile.
"I'm really sorry! And I'm in a rush! Sorry once again!" She said before dashing off.
"... Oh crap. Where was I facing...?" You asked yourself.
 
 
 
For about 15 minutes, you stood around there thinking of your next step. Your phone was touch screen, so you couldn't use it on your own, and no one was passing by to help you. Just then, help arrived.
 
"Miss, do you need help?" A man with deep voice said.
"Yes! Please!" You said, or actually begged, being on the verge of tears.
"How may I help you?"
"I want to go home. May you help me—" you said and stopped there. 
"Wait , if I call back now, they'll think I'm a trouble maker. I want to be dependent!"
"Erm, miss?" He said.
"May you tell me which way is it to xxx?" You asked.
"Xxx? I'm going there too, I stay there. Why not I lead you there?"
"Is it safe?"
Without warning, he lifted the front of your walking stick and started walking. You just followed along quietly.
 
 
 
About 30minutes, you arrived at your block, which was where that man was staying too. 
"Here we are," he said.
"Oh thank you!"
"You're welcome. Let me bring you to the lift."
 
He then pulled your walking stick and led you into the lift. You then realised he was really tall as the stick was lifted up quite high.
"I walk home from my workplace everyday. My name is Chanyeol. If you were to need help again, just wait there, alright?" He said.
"Oh, sure. I stay on the seventh floor."
"Alright," he said and helped you pressed the lift. 
"Where do you work ?" You asked.
"I just work part time at a convenience store," he said.
"I see."
"Not a rich person I see. Well, usually it's these kind of people who are kindest. He sounds like some middle age man. He probably has kids, that's why he's nice towards me."
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next day at your granny's, your mum's friend was still sick. You were asked to stay till 10pm or get brought home by your grandma again. Since you still had that same mentality in mind, you planned on going home yourself again.
 
"Halmoni, I'll be leaving soon," you said.
"No, please. Don't do it again," your grandma said, "you'll stay here with me till 10pm." 
"But I'm tired," you lied.
"Then we'll take a taxi home together."
"Never mind."
"I'll go cut some fruits," your grandma said, "and you better stay here." 
"Okay."
 
But you went back on your words, immediately after you heard the sound of the knife hitting against the chopping board, you took your stuffs and left her apartment again. 
 
You left her apartment slightly earlier than the day before. Once again, you tried walking home on your own again, but apparently, Chanyeol was early too.
 
"Miss? You're walking home again?" The familiar voice asked.
"... Are you Chanyeol?" You asked.
"Ah yes! Would you like me to help you again?"
"Ermm, sure," you said.
He then lifted up your walking stick and walked you home. 
And every trip home, was always quiet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This process then went on for a few more days, probably about two or three. Your mum then told you on the sixth day that her friend will be coming back on the next day and she'll be able to return to work. You then decided to talk to Chanyeol on that day as it's going to be the last day that you'll be relying on him.
 
 
While walking home with Chanyeol, you finally introduced yourself and told him about why you were blind. He told you that it's alright and you'll soon be back to normal.
 
"Yeap, you're right. Last week my doctor told me that I'll recover within this month, and most probably before Christmas which is coming soon," you said.
"Really? That's great! Then you can celebrate Christmas."
"I'll be throwing a Christmas party on Christmas eve this year, also to celebrate my recovery. Do you want to come? Then I can be honest with them, and tell them that I hadn't been actually going home on my own," you said.
"Hmm, okay."
"Yay. Do bring your family too if you want."
"My family? Erm... Okay..."
 
The both of you then kept very quiet, not knowing what to say. Finally, he asked you, "how old are you?"
"Me? I'm still a student."
"I can see. Hahaha," he said, "then, isn't it a bit dangerous for you to walk home on your own?"
"It is, but I want to be dependent. Well , apparently I obviosuly failed since I've been relying on you..."
"Hahaha! Yeap, but it's okay. I like helping others," he said.
"This will be the last night I'll be walking home anyway."
"Really?"
"Yea," you said, "see you at the party?" 
"Deal," Chanyeol said.
 
 
 
 
A row of food was lined up outside your apartment along the corridor and chairs were also neatly placed around for guests to sit on. Your neighbours chatted with your mum, your grandma talked to your dad who just returned, and you sat in your living room with some of your friends in school, and told them tales about being blind.
 
As the story went on, you thought about the person that helped you, Chanyeol. Then you wondered if he'll appear. You're really curious about how he looked like, and whether he really was a dad. 
"You know, for a few days, I had to go home on my own," you told your friends.
"Uhum," your friends chorused.
"I was suppose to use this chance to show that I was independent, but I ended up relying on someone. Some guy which I don't even know. He's tall and soun" you said but your mum interrupted you.
 
"Sweetie, another of your friend just arrived," your mum said.
"But eomma," you said and looked at your friends, "all my friends are here already."
"Really? But this boy here says he's your friend," she said.
"My friend?" You said and went over to the front door.
 
When you were a few steps away from the front door, a boy around your age showed himself from behind the wall. Everyone from inside the living room could see him clearly, so you could see him even clearer.
"Oh, hi, and you are?" You asked the unfamiliar face.
"I'm Chanyeol, remember me?" He said.
You recognised this voice immediately. 
"Chanyeol? You're Chanyeol?!"
"Ehehehe, yea..." Chanyeol said. 
"But I thought you're a man!" You said.
"I am. I'm 20."
"20?!" You said, not believing his kiddish face.
 
"Ooooo, who is he?" Your best friend said, creeping up to your side.
"Erm, friends, mum, I'd like to introduce you all to Chanyeol." You said, facing everyone in the living room.
 
You pulled Chanyeol into your house and showed him to the others who didn't get to see his face properly.
"Omo he's cute."
"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Chanyeol." Chanyeol introduced himself to your friends. 
He then faced your mum and was about to say something before your mum pulled you away to one side and asked, "who is he? How did you know him?"
"Long story. I'll tell you later," you said and walked over to Chanyeol. 
 
He smiled at you and said, "I'm glad you're able to see now."
"I'm glad I'm able to see you. Thanks for helping me."
"Heyyyyy, why are the two of you speaking so softly?" One of your friend said.
Chanyeol and you then turned to them and laughed. Chanyeol then spoke louder, "I think you're really beautiful."
"Really?" You asked.
"Yes. I hope we can be good friends," Chanyeol said and he looked into your eyes, "and maybe even more..." 
"Ooooooooo," your audience said. 
You just smiled shyly and pulled Chanyeol into your clique. 
 
End photo 0end_zpsfd517176.jpg